Thanks for the long list of (Your) opinions SWH, and some justified concerns.
- The guns are sculpted into the hands. Why not have removable accessories?
**Why have them removable, so they can fall out of the hands. Our line has two sets of hands one with accessories one without if you don't like that it is your right.
- Worse still, he has TWO HANDS sculpted to hold an accessory, severely limiting poses.
**That is Dick Tracy's pose with the Tommy Gun he is not Scarface holding it with one hand shooting it into the air. He can still be posed as there is plenty of range in the arms and shoulders.
- The interchangeable hands are in THE SAME POSE as the ones holding the weapons, meaning there is absolutely no advantage to having interchangeable hands instead of just removable accessories. **His interchangable hands are not in the same pose as they are different hands.
- The face doesn't look like the artwork. Not at all.
**Well it was aproved by Tribune and they liked it so again that is (Your) opinion. SWH much like you said Scud looked nothing like Scud but you changed your tune when Scud supporters said he did or when you said Maxx looks nothing like the Maxx but I can show you reviews that say it does.
- His neck is too skinny.
**I don't remeber Dick Tracy having a fat neck and the neck has to support the head properly as it is articulated.
- The arms stick out too far from the body at the shoulders. Nothing to do with how they're attached, the torso is sculpted so that the shoulder joint is located out too far from the body.
**The shoulders were fixed in the tooling adjustment alomg with other features.
- The coat is too thick, and doesn't sit properly on the shoulders
**The coat looks fine to us, again (Your) opinion. The coat has to not interfere with the movement which was hard enough to do but I can see you want to slam us with every small detail.
- The shape of the suit torso still isn't right.
**The suit torso was not only changed but the whole suit jacket was modeled after a real authentic suit of the era. So again (Your) opinon and not one that seems to make any sense.
- His feet are sticking out on stupid angles.
**Just the angle of the pic. The feet are poseable put them at what ever angle you like!
- His feet are too long, it looks like he's wearing clown shoes.
**Again angle of the pic his feet are actually small.
- That big ugly visible gap between the end of the left hand sculpt and where it goes into the sleeve on the coat version.
**Interchagable hands so there willbe a bit of a gap especially since his left hand has his communicator watch on it.
- Absolutely pitiful hand sculpting on the right hand holding the tommy gun.
**Again (Your) opinion the hand looks fine to us. If it is a bit rough looking could be the paint or hasnt been adjusted yet in tooling.
- Huge gap down the left side of the suited figure where the suit piece meets. Also the front and back of the collar doesn't even match up.
**That gap will not be on the final figure, again tooling adjustments.
- Suit legs should go straight down on the sides. The double joint at the knee gives the legs a stupid looking shape, and the legs weren't sculpted to look like proper suit pants.
**Again (Your) opinion I can show you other sites where people said it was the best figure in suit they have seen. Are they wrong? Or are they allowed to have an opinion also?
- His arms and legs are too skinny.
**Again (Your) opinion. The arms on the original were way to big and this was modeled after a real authentic suit.
- The lines on the tie are crooked.
**It is a paint master so the lines will be fine when spray masks are used.
- His hair style doesn't look like the comic art at all.
**Again (Your) opinion. The hair was modeled after a hatless pic given to us by licensor. Hair is very hard to get right I will give you that but we tried our best.
- You've tried to give it a stylized paint job, but the figure is not sculpted in a stylized fashion. You're straddling two different styles, and by failing to commit to one, you've failed to achieve either.
**We wanted to have a bit of both in the look and again it is (Your) opinion that it doesn't go well. We think his look matches well with the line art and adding the small lines was a way to bring out the look a bit more. We are sorry we could not please you with that but others do like it.
- This is just a repaint of a regular figure from series 2. No new tooling involved at all. But you're charging more than double the price of the regular one, for a cheap repaint.
**Actually we are charging $35 for this figure. We are charging what a smaller company charges to do a small run of a mass figures. Their is alot more involved then just a simple re-paint maybe you should look into the business more.
- Lastly, you're completely overcharging by expecting people to pay $40 for a figure no different from what you would normally charge $15 for.
**Again you need to check into your facts the figure is $35 and it is not the same figure as Series2. They are 40th SDCC specialy packaged black and white low run exclusive figures. Again you are not (people) your are (You) with your own opinions. You should stop trying to make everyone else's opionins yours.
And what sort of ass-backwards reasoning is it to have the more in-demand and iconic version of the figure harder to obtain? What kind of a milestone is a 6th Comic Con? How does that explain such a dumb decision? But justify it all you want, you're the ones who would be screwing yourselves out of more potential sales by doing it that way.
**As stated above it is our 6th SDCC and the 40thSDCC so that was special to us and our fans. Again (Your) opinion of what is special and what is not. That last part is not really you offering anyting but attacking us and trying to get people to not buy these figures. They already have and will continue to even with (Your) opinion known because they have their own opinions. Hope that helped and thank you for sharing (Your) opinions with us and some justified concerns. You do have knowledge of toys SWH, no one is saying you don't, and your input matters. If you spent more time letting us know what you think instead of attacking us you would really help the line for everyone.