Wow! What an utterly disappointing showing for this line at Toy Fair! It's as if Hasbro is losing as much interest in this line as WE are!
Just a couple of thoughts and observations on the line at this point...
1. It's a tremendously disappointing shame that Hasbro has really scaled back the amount of accessories included with these figures from what was delivered with that first wave. These are twenty-plus dollar figures and that price is hurts for what is offered. R2-D2 was a toy shop of accessories. Darth Maul had swappable heads, multiple light saber blades, and an interchangeable robe. Jedi Luke came with a light saber and a flap for his shirt (An accessory I honestly care very little about!) No robe. No gun. No switchable battle-damaged hand. No skull to toss at the rancor. Nothing. My rule would be that if the Kenner figure had an accessory, it should be included with the Black Series version! (Yeah. I know we'd get a lot of weird things like Admiral Akbar's walking stick and that gun Hammerhead never had in the movie but Geez! These things are twenty bucks!! Give us something!)
2. I'm a fan of cloth capes and robes too but that Emperor is hideous! How do they let that thing roll out like that???
3. The distribution of this line has been horrible! I have never seen Chewbacca, Anakin, Darth Vader or any Clone Troopers in person. I was only able to get my Stormtroopers by going to Amazon and Hasbro.com. I hear there's a Sandtrooper with a black shoulder pad out there but I have yet to see one. My Targets and Toys R Us's are STILL choking on Slave Leia's, Greedos and Han Solos!
4. I've got to say... Yoda isn't really so bad. He's just too green.
5. It's a real shame that Hoth Luke can't have a swappable non-injured head. I also wish I could have a Tampa that WASN'T perpetually vomiting blood.
6. I hate to say it... but that Tauntaun is a bit underwhelming.
7. Yeah. R2 was a bit small but I got used to him.