- 3 replies
- 275 views
- Add Reply
- 13 replies
- 352 views
- Add Reply
- 5 replies
- 362 views
- Add Reply
- 3 replies
- 278 views
- Add Reply
- 7 replies
- 341 views
- Add Reply
- 0 replies
- 117 views
- Add Reply
- 0 replies
- 156 views
- Add Reply
- 0 replies
- 115 views
- Add Reply
- 54 replies
- 1,525 views
- Add Reply
- 3 replies
- 198 views
- Add Reply
- 11 replies
- 627 views
- Add Reply
- 21 replies
- 986 views
- Add Reply
- 0 replies
- 205 views
- Add Reply
- 26 replies
- 844 views
- Add Reply
- 8 replies
- 479 views
- Add Reply
- 2 replies
- 373 views
- Add Reply
- 0 replies
- 153 views
- Add Reply
- 4 replies
- 272 views
- Add Reply
To update the Rhyno situation from earlier today, he flew home early Monday morning from LA and did not even attend RAW. Management is said to be furious at his actions due to the fact that the incident happened in front of several fans in the lobby of the hotel. He was also representing the company as a whole.
Lou E. Dangerously, Billy Corgan, and Marg Helgenberger of CSI were several more celbraties at WrestleMania 21.
Bill Goldberg will be hosting a new 13 episode series on The History Channel.
It doesn't appear that WWE's new deal with Universal/USA will play any role in TNA renting the soundstage at Universal Studios.
World Wrestling Entertainment issued a 29 page response on April 1st to Brock Lesnar's lawsuit against them stating, in their opinion, his lawsuit is without merit as he agreed to the terms of his release last year. One of the big points that WWE made light of was Lesnar violating his agreement by appearing at a New Japan Tokyo Dome event earlier this year in January with Rena "Sable" Mero.
Based on what was said in the response, WWE has requested that the court rule that Lesnar has breached their agreement and in doing so forfeit any money owed to him in royalties, bar him from competing in any sports entertainment or "ultimate fighting" companies and prevent him from further breaching anything else stated in the agreement. Here is a breakdown of some of the major points in WWE's response:
- Brock Lesnar was never forced out of WWE and voluntarily agreed to the terms of his release when he made the decision to play professional football in the NFL. WWE made clear that Lesnar was very aware of the usage of the term "ultimate fighting" when he asked for his release and that it could also include mixed martial arts competition. The company also claimed that Lesnar was fully aware he wouldn't be able to work for another sports entertainment company until 6/10/10, which is when their settlement agreement ended. WWE claims they shouldn't be forced to change this date just because Lesnar was "unsuccessful at football." It was also pointed out that the settlement allowed WWE to retain all of his licensing rights, with the exception of anything NFL related.
- WWE admitted that they haven't yet paid Lesnar for his booking contract since he asked for his release to pursure a career in the NFL, but added that he has been paid an estimated $125,000 in royalities since then.
- WWE contended that Lesnar's appearance at the New Japan Pro Wrestling event in January of 2005 at the Tokyo Dome was in violation of their agreement terms for his release from the company. Both Lesnar's appearance at ringside and it airing in Japan TV made it in clear violation of his release.
- WWE feels that Lesnar entered into negotiations with New Japan Pro Wrestling to participate in a May 2005 event. The company also claimed to have suffered "irreparable harm" due to Lesnar's violation of their agreement.
- WWE stated that by Lesnar appearing at the New Japan event in January that he forfeited all due and future royalty payments and that they have yet to pay him since that took place. This appears to be why the lawsuit itself even came about in the first place, causing Lensar to file suit the following month.
- WWE fully admitted to not bringing Lesnar back to the company after he gave up on all NFL aspirations, but made sure to note that Lesnar quote, "has attempted to use the settlement agreement against WWE, and has made exorbitant financial and other demands which would grant Lesnar, as compared to his 2003 Booking Contract, much more favorable terms."
- WWE also rejected Lesnar's terms for wanting to make a return as they felt his recent actions have diminished his value as a whole, citing his quote "vulgar, derogatory and disparaging hand gestures" at WrestleMania XX last year in Madison Square Garden. The company claimed that they would need to invest extra money in order to build Lesnar back up as a strong performer after that incident took place and numerous negative comments he made about them while attempting at a career in the NFL.
- WWE claimed they felt the need to enforce the strict terms of their settlement with Lesnar after he made his appearance at the New Japan event and also due in part to a threat by Lesnar to file a lawsuit against the company.
- WWE also shot down Lesnar's remark that anyone could be in his position as champion because other performers had held the belt since his departure in March of 2004. They made sure to note that they use the championships as a way to help promote their talents and increase overall popularity with the WWE fan base.
From this point on, it's in the hands of the courts unless both parties settle before stepping into a courtroom. We will be covering this situation as it develops.
Rhyno has garnered some major heat with WWE management after an incident at the Universal Sheraton, the site of the WWE's party following WrestleMania 21.
Reportedly, Rhyno got into an arguement with his wife, and then destroyed a large flower pot. There were several witnesses to the event. The company is very upset with Rhyno over this, especially since it happened in front of other guests of the hotel. Rhyno was not used for any tapings at RAW on Monday.
- The 3/11 edition of "Impact" scored a 0.15 rating and a 0.14 rating on 3/18.
- Saturday night replays scored 0.22 on 3/5, 0.24 on 3/12 and 0.22 on 3/19.
- Carmen Electra and Ice Cube were spotted at Wrestlemania in LA.
- The Akebono/Big Show sumo match at Wrestlemania received a lot of press attention in Japan.
- John Cena is on the cover and interviewed in the March issue of 'Xpoz' an urban lifestyle magazine.
- Bret Hart drew over 700 fans with a line around the mall at Rob Van Dam's comic book store over the weekend. Fans paid an estimated $40 per autograph. Rob Van Dam also walked out with Bret at the signing. This was something Bret had agreed to do for Rob several months ago and Rob felt that by doing it on WrestleMania weekend, the fans would really come out. That's exactly what happened.
The RAW crew has a show tomorrow night in Brisbane, Australia. The Smackdown! guys are on a plane as we speak headed to Australia right now.
Slam! wrestling has posted an article with Frankie Kazarian noting his jump from TNA to WWE.
Steve Austin's bio has replaced The Rock's on WWE.com. For those wondering, Austin will be on RAW, but not every week. He's got a deal where he'll be working on movie roles as a whole and will appear on RAW when his schedule allows him to do so. It wont be an every week thing as it stands right now.
AJ Styles vs. Abyss at this point will be headlining the Lockdown PPV on April 24. A stipulation has been added to the match where the winner will challenge Jeff Jarrett for the NWA World Heavyweight Title at the Hard Justice PPV on May 15. Also, all matches on the card will be inside the Six Sides of Steel Cage, but will feature different stipulations.
According to reports, the overall mood backstage at the TNA Impact! tapings last night in Orlando, FL was said to have been "miserable" as there is reportedly a lot of heat on Dusty Rhodes' current booking. According to numerous sources at the tapings, there were said to have been a few meetings internally about the current state of the company in recent days. On a side note, some of Rhodes' recent ideas that included Trytan, The Harris Brothers, Phi-Delta Slam and his pickup truck office were not used on any of the three tapings. After all three tapings had concluded, many workers were said to be in a much better mood after discovering that meetings were taking place to better the situation.
It should be noted that much of the people that work for TNA can be divided into two types of political groups - those who favored when Jeff Jarrett was in charge of booking & how things were up to the Turning Point PPV and those who favor the current direction the company has taken since Dusty Rhodes took over in the creative department. Rhodes will still remain the head of TNA's creative team and will be given a chance to improve the situation, but many feel it wouldn't be a big surprise if he was gone very soon. From what is being said, TNA officials were not happy at all with the feedback and early buyrate for the last Destination X PPV (which was considered to be the worst of their three hour PPV events so far) and are making sure that anything that needs to be fixed will happen in a rather quick manner.
TNA Impact tapings to air over the next three weeks.
We still have a long way until we reach the Lockdown PPV. Several more matches will be announced over the next three hours including a rumor that ALL of the PPV matches will be inside the awesome looking Six Sides of Steel. Event of the night, T Shirt Mikeâ€™s Dusty Rhodes title belt where Rhodesâ€™ head spun around like a record.
TNA Impact hour one matches to air 4/8/05:
The show opened with a video recap of the amazing four way X division elimination match from last weekâ€™s show where Elix Skipper won to face his former XXX partner Christopher Daniels at Lockdown.
(1) Chris Sabin defeated Michael Shane.
These two faced each other several times feuding over the X title in 2003, so this was excellent from the bell. To no oneâ€™s surprise these two high fliers began the match with some mat wrestling until Shane took the fight to the floor and threw Sabin back first into the ring barricades. Back in the ring Sabin fought back but Shane was one step ahead of him, wearing Sabin down with a sleeper. Sabin got to his feet and hit an enziguiri followed by a power slam for two. Sabinâ€™s attempted corner splash met Shaneâ€™s boot and then Sabinâ€™s shoulder met the ring post. Shaneâ€™s cockiness that he exuded during the match, did him in as Sabin rolled him up for a pin. After the match Shane hit Sabin with a superkick, and went to commercial as Shane stood over Sabin and taunting him.
Back from commercial, Don West and Mike Tenay spoke from the announcers table and we heard none of it. After this the DOA Dusty Rhodes made his way to the rampway to speak about Lockdown. If I understood the Texican he spoke, Dustin Rhodes/Bobby Roode is some sort of Black Widow of Death match, Raven and Jeff Hardy is a tableâ€™s match, the six man cage match is a lethal lottery match and the winner of Styles/Abyss will face Jarrett at Hard Justice in May. Rhodes ended by saying all eight matches on Lockdown will be inside the Six sides of Steel.
(2) "the Phenomenal" AJ Styles defeated Chase Stevens of the Naturals (w/Andy Douglas and Chris Candido)
Styles tossed Stevens all around the ring with armdrags and dropkicks. Stevens went to the floor to recover so Styles hit all three men on the floor with a tope. Back in the ring, Styles wore down Stevens with a chinock as the show went to commercial. Styles let Stevens to his feet and then the fun began as Stevens hit Styles with a hangman on the top rope. Stevens put Styles in a front facelock as TV came back from commercial. Styles fought to his feet but Stevens hit him with an STO for two. Stevens took his mind off Styles for a moment and it allowed Styles time to recover. Styles had the match won but Douglas and Candido cut the pin off. Styles got back in the ring and Stevens hit an Alabama Slam but it didnâ€™t finish Styles off who hit Stevens with the Styles Clash to pin Stevens. Abyss came out holding a chair but TNA security surrounded Styles.
Back from commercial Americaâ€™s Most Wanted joined Mike Tenay and Don West for commentary.
(3) Dustin Rhodes and Cassidy Reilly defeated Lex Lovett and David Young.
Reilly was in control until he was backed into a corner and worked over by Lovett and Young. He escaped and tagged in Rhodes who cleaned house. Reilly rolled up Lovett to win his first contest on Impact.
Back from commercial, Mike Tenay interviewed NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett in the ring to discuss his match at Lockdown. Tenay reminded Jarrett the cage match is under Lethal Lockdown rules, all weapons will be allowed. Jarrett incited the crowd talking about he still owns the NWA World title belt and he is a wrestling dynasty. They replayed the footage of Nash being jumped last week as Jarrett gave a "fair global warning" to Page and Waltman that they better stick together 24/7. As Jarrett wrapped up his lecture DDP came from the crowd and attacked Jarrett. The Outlaw came out and tried to attack DDP but Page escaped unharmed.
Back from commercial Elix Skipper and Christopher Daniels spoke about their match at Lockdown, now that it is inside the Six Sides of Steel. They traded insults about the last time XXX was inside the cage. Daniels challenged Skipper to fight now but Skipper decided to wait until Lockdown.
(4) Gran Apolo (w/Sonny Siaki) defeated Kid Kash (w/Lance Hoyt) via DQ.
This was a mismatch on paper but having Hoyt in his corner equaled out the equation. Apolo used his size advantage to toss Kash around the ring as the show went to commercial. Kash went to the floor to stall for time and also avoided contact with Apolo. Back in the ring Apolo matched Kashâ€™s speed and worked the Notorious KIDâ€™s left arm with armdrags and armbars. Back from commercial Apoloâ€™s legs got grabbed by Hoyt and the duo fought on the floor. Kash came over the top and hit Apolo with a huricurana and then a chair shot. Back in the ring, Kash went after Apoloâ€™s knee trying to get a submission. Dusty Rhodes joined Tenay and West on commentary. Kash went for a moonsault but Apolo caught him in mid air and hit a running power slam. Kash hit a springboard huricurana but a tornado DDT went nowhere. Sonny Siaki came out with a chair but Hoytâ€™s interference made Andrew Thomas call for the bell. The foursome fought all over using chairs and barricades to beat each other down.
Backstage Kevin Nash fought with and beat down Chris Candido and the Naturals as hour one ended.
TNA Impact hour two matches to air 4/15/05:
(1) Michael Shane, Kid Kash and Lance Hoyt defeated Chris Sabin, Gran Apolo and Sonny Siaki
From the way these matches have worked out, I am guessing Hoyt/Kash vs Apolo/Siaki is on the PPV in some form or fashion. Kash and then Shane were beaten down by all three opponents. Hoyt tagged in and changed everything by attacking Siaki. As TV went to break Kash, Shane and Hoyt traded tags taking turns to beat down Siaki. Back from break Shane had Siaki in a chinlock but Siaki fought to his feet but was taken to the mat by Hoyt. Hoyt went to the top but missed a moonsault, holy crap. Apolo tagged in and attacked Kash and Hoyt as Sabin took Shane to the floor. Sabin ended up hitting the ring barricade and Siaki coming to his aid. This allowed Hoyt to cut off Apoloâ€™s attempted superplex of Kash. Hoyt hit a power bomb and Kash hit a frog splash.
Mr. Daggett came to the ringside area with Chris Candido in a wheelchair looking like a car accident victim. Daggett said that if Nash came near any of his clients security would be forced to remove him from the building. Back from break Trinity, who was carrying a copy of Dusty Rhodes new book, spoke to Michael Shane about something but she was stopped by Tracy Brooks.
(2) 3 Live Kruâ€™s BG James and Ron "the Truth" Killings defeated Team Canadaâ€™s Petey Williams and A1 (w/Scott Dâ€™amore) vs BGâ€™s spiel was cut off by Team Canada but it backfired as 3LK isolated A1. A1 was able to get away and take Killings to the Team Canada corner where Williams was tagged into the match. The duo made several tags trying to wear down Killings but they didnâ€™t get a pin even after Williams "Oâ€™ Canada crotch shot." both men made tags and BG James came in hot, taking out both members of Team Canada. 3LK won by hitting A1 with the double team scissor kick.
Elix Skipper joined mike Tenay and Don West for commentary during the next match.
(3) In a non-title match, "the self professed Mr. TNA" and NWA World X Division champion "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels defeated Mikey Batts .
Daniels told Skipper to watch the match to see what was going to happen at Lockdown. What happened was Batts holding his own until Daniels cut off a high risk move. Daniels took Batts down to the mat an continued to taunt Skipper. Daniels brought Batts back to his feet only to toss him into a corner upside down. Batts fought back getting Daniels down got a two count. Daniels was knocked into Rudy Charles. Skipper came in and counted a pin as Batts had Daniels pinned. Batts and Skipper celebrated but Daniels hit Skipper with an enziguiri. Batts was finished off with the Angelâ€™s Wings.
Konnan spoke with BG James and Killings about BGâ€™s dealings with the Outlaw. Konnan asked 3LK to stay in the locker room so "no more guitar shots could take place."
(4) 3 Live Kruâ€™s Konnan defeated Team Canadaâ€™s "Showtime" Eric Young (w/Scott Dâ€™amore).
Konnan looked naked without 3LK at ringside and Young used it to his advantage. Young and Dâ€™amore kept K-Dog on the mat but Youngâ€™s trip to the top rope backfired as Konnan brought his knees up. Both men traded attempted pinfalls but Konnan hit an Alabama Slam followed by a power bomb to finish off Young.
Shane Douglas interviewed AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy about their respective matches at Lockdown an next weekâ€™s tag match against Raven and Abyss. As it ended Raven hit Hardy in the head with a garbage can. During the changeover JB mentioned the TNA action figures would be in stores in the next two weeks. NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett joined Tenay and West for commentary. Kevin Nash came out and tried to get to Jarrett but seven security officers (local workers (including the Market Crashers, Sean Allen, Brian Gamble ) Shane Douglas and Mr. Daggett made him leave the building.
(5) The Outlaw and "Alpha Male" Monty Brown defeated Diamond Dallas Page and Syxx-Pac/Sean Waltman
Outlaw began but DDP and Waltman made tags working him over until Brown tagged in on the commercial break. Waltman looked like a kindergartner in the ring with Brown. Brown tossed Waltman to the floor where Outlaw did some damage. Back from the break, Waltman avoided a Brown splash and tagged in DDP but Brown tagged in Outlaw who hit DDP with a cheap shot. Outlaw and Brown took turns beating down DDP. DDP would not be pinned and made the tag to Waltman who came in like the house of fire Gordon Solie used to proclaim. The finishers began to be hit. Waltman hit Outlaw with the X Factor. Brown was hit by a Diamond Cutter. Outlaw hit DDP with the Famouser. Waltman hit Outlaw with the Bronco Buster but Jarrett got the last shot by hitting Waltman with a guitar shot. DDP and Jarrett fought to the back as Waltman laid in the ring beaten down.
TNA Impact hour three matches to air 4/22/05:
(1) 3Live Kru defeated Buck Quartermain, Lex Lovett and David Young.
Konnan turned into Random Task of Austin Powers fame using his sneaker on Lovett and Quartermain. Tags happened, Young and BG had an exchange that went in Youngâ€™s favor. Several fans on the hard cam side removed their shoes in tribute to K-Dog, several fans fainted from the odor. The trio made tags to wear down BG but he would not be pinned and made the tag to Killings who kept his shoes on. Killings hit Young with the scissor kick to win the match as Konnan and BG hit Lovett with the shoe on the floor. This match was sponsored by Nike.
Tenay and West spoke on camera but no one heard them. "Lonestar" Dustin Rhodes joined Tenay and West for commentary but Bobby Roode came out and hit him with a chair several times. TNA Security and Americaâ€™s Most Wanted made him leave ringside.
(2)In a non-title match, former NWA World Tag Team champions The Naturals (Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas w/Daggett who wheeled Chris Candido to the ring) defeated NWA World Tag Team champions Americaâ€™s Most Wanted ("Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm and "Wildcat" Chris Harris.)
This was one of the hottest feuds in 2004 and I am happy TNA allowed the Orlando fans to see what Nashville got to see and appreciate. At the bell the foursome brawled around ringside using barricades and the announce tables as weapons. During the fighting, Storm went to hit the defenseless Candido but Rudy Charles stopped him. TV went to and came back from commercial at some point during the action. The match finally made its way to the ring where the Naturals worked over Storm for several minutes. Storm survived and made the tag to Harris who cleaned house as Storm recovered, then he hit Stevens with a superkick. Douglas cut Storm off as Harris had Stevens ready to be hit with the Catatonic when Candido got out of the wheelchair, climbed in the ring and hit Harris with his arm cast. Stevens covered Harris for the win. The Naturals and Candido didnâ€™t make a fast enough escape as AMW stopped them and wheeled Candido back to the ring for a beat down.
Tenay and West spoke on camera but no one heard anything.
(3) Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles defeated Raven and Abyss via DQ
Raven was in the ring but when Hardy came in, Raven tagged out to Abyss who had little success. Styles and Raven tagged in and exchanged offensive moves which Raven was able to survive as Abyss stopped Styles attempted slingshot move from the apron. TV went to and came back from commercial break as Raven and Abyss made tags wearing down Styles but couldnâ€™t get the pin or submission. Raven went under the ring and got a table telling Abyss to toss Styles into it. It backfired as Styles fought out of the powerbomb and tagged in Hardy. Abyssâ€™ corner splash hit Raven instead Hardy. Hardy hit Raven with Twist Of Fate but got two. Abyss hit Hardy with the Black Hole Slam but Styles broke it up. Styles went for the Styles clash but Raven broke it up. Abyss grabbed his chain and went to hit Hardy but Styles stepped in the way and Andrew Thomas called for the bell. Abyss grabbed a chair and placed it in the corner. He wrapped th chain around his hand and as Styles stood in the corner whipped Styles with hit and the chain wrapped around hitting Styles in the ribs. Raven tossed Hardy out of the ring through the table. Raven wrapped Abyssâ€™ chain around Stylesâ€™ neck and Abyss pulled Styles head first into the folding chair. EMTâ€™s tried to get Styles on a stretcher but Abyss attacked him. TNA Security was needed to get Abyss and Raven to leave ringside. After the cameras stopped rolling Raven and Abyss came back out to confront Styles and Hardy but security stopped them from making it to the ring.
April 24thâ€™s Lockdown matches announced:
ALL MATCHES ARE INSIDE THE SIX SIDES OF STEEL
-Lethal Lockdown match: Diamond Dallas Page, Kevin Nash and Syxx Pac vs. The Outlaw, "Alpha Male" Monty Brown and Jeff Jarrett
-AJ Styles vs Abyss, winner faces Jeff Jarrett for the NWA World title at Hard Justice on May 15th
-Dustin Rhodes vs Bobby Roode (w/Scott Dâ€™amore)
-NWA World X Division champion "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs "Primetime" Elix Skipper
-Raven vs Jeff Hardy with tables involved
-In a Flag match, NWA World Tag Team champions Americaâ€™s Most Wanted vs Team Canada
-An X Division "Escape" match involving six Division wrestlers that JB said the wrestlers would begin inside the cage and the winner is the first man out of the cage.
The ones we are, lol i'm so scared that i'm outbidding a friend or someone. Or they might do that to me. #US1#
I am in desprite need of the whole set. The person I was buying them from flaked on me. Can anyone help me?
I notice most Jedi and the Guards come with these bases... Do they combine and make a scene or something?
And can the Royal Guards stand properly on its own without them?
hey I'm hoping someone knows where I can get a decent deal on a Python Patrol 6 pack. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank u!
Forgive me for last post ,I,m a rookie on computer & keybourd.I know
less than nothing so I make a lot of mistakes.
Wanting to trade for a Marvel legends Goliath
What I have to trade list: ML juggernaut,Vision,Hawkeye,Black Widow,Ice man,storm,Daredevel(spidey series) Archangel,( X-men series).
Marvels Famous Covers (I have all)
SPAWN:many,some rare ones too.
Star Wars:some MOC or box,mostley loose
LOTR:elven Warrior MOC,others loose
Mutant Evolution of X 2 pack (KB exclusive)
I will get back to you A.S.A.P. If interested.
Hey guys...just thought I'd let you know my TRU's Star Wars section is being maintained by someone working from Hasbro. I talked to her today and she told me not to expect 33-40 in my area until early May.
On a side note, to Joe fans, I told her my disgust at Sigma Six, and discontinuing the 3 3/4", and she told me they couldn't back a line that only sells during Christmas season. Take that for what it's worth
Is the ROTS Darth Vader figure #11 same sculp with the Vintage OTC Darth Vader?
Has anyone open both of this figures? Are they the same? Can anyone confirm?
It seems that they are the same...
Lmao, best issuse yet can't wait to see #33 for some, ahem... girl on girl action :D was that y's mother on the sub there?..
Allso anyone know how long this comic is suppose to last, I figured it for an on-going series but now I can't see it lasting longer than 50... Well I can & I would like too but I can allso see it ending by then too... Or heck maybe it can outright last till #75... Y still has to go find his girl in ausieland
check it out
if anybody needs baronesses or cobra commanders 100% complete with filecards from the comic pack lmk!! they are cheap!!
I can't post pics on this site for some reason... i have to post pics elsewhere and link them here... and since the other site i post on (tfans) is down at the moment, i can't post any pics.
so use your imagination.
I repainted a red alert to match the color sheme of the RID blue and white prowl. I'll post pics when i can...
now, I thought about calling him Mach Alert since that's what is on the side of the RID prowl... and it's a repaint of red alert... but is that a stupid name?
Find Action Figures on Ebay