Is THIS the best Batman figure?

yojoebro82

There are a lot of good Batman figures out there and I have some of them. But I don't know if I can call any of them THE BEST Batman ever. Some come really, really close but for me personally, even the ones people seem to generally love the most, I can find some small fault with.

Well, I came across yet another and while it's not perfect, I think it's darn near close.

2013-12-10180959_zps8b95ad0e.jpg

He was picked up at a local collectibles store. The cloth cape really sucked me in (soft goods!) I was hesitant because I already have a lot of Batmans but my nerdiness got the best of me.

The good:

Slimmer build than the black and grey DCSH Batman (the one everyone loves) and the DCSH Batman figures. I just like my Batman to look more cut than beefy. EVERY DCUC Bats goes the beefy rout, some of them don't even appear to have necks. For me these proportions are darn near perfect with one exception (I'll get to later).

Nice torso pivit...more along the lines of what you would see on a modern figure rather than a DCSH figure from 10 years ago.

Nice paint wash on the grey parts. Subtle, not overwhelming.

Good belt, would have been ruined if they went with a bright yellow like a lot of Bats figures have.

Good possibility. Not DCUC level, of course, but I get a lot of good poses from him.

Cloth cape. BIG cloth cape!

The bad:

The head is a tad small. I fixed this by taking off the original and putting on a DCUC walmart wave Batman head and it looks much better. Check the pic of the two heads side by side.

No leg split and thigh cut articulation. This might be the deal breaker for some but I don't miss it too much.

Otherwise, I think that's it for the bad. Personally, I think this may be the missing link Batman for my collection. What do you guys think of this Batman? Is there one you think is better?

2013-12-10181236_zps9df5e7cc.jpg

2013-12-10181335_zps4354d71d.jpg

2013-12-10181554_zpse1109d21.jpg

Is this the Batman from the Toys R Us 2-pack (with Robin) that came out before DCUC started?

If so, I remember many considering this the best Batman available.

Good looking figure either way. That waste with no side split is a bummer for sure, though.

Is this the Batman from the Toys R Us 2-pack (with Robin) that came out before DCUC started?

It is. I considered just going to ebay for the two pack but the Robin is a dud (I used to have him). Good paint aps on him but that's about it. The articulation is poor and I didn't like how they did the cape.

Still really digging this Bats.

• 2 weeks later...

This is basically the same as the DCSH series 1 Batman, but with the cloth cape.

And I always liked a lot of things about it, including the slimmer build. Nice movce with replacing the head - it needs it.

If this thing had decent hip articulation, it could be a realy winner for me. As it is, I took many parts of this one to build my own best Batman figure.