Cobra Commander Question 1982

Tazzzman

I recently won a straight arm cobra commander on ebay and the logo on his chest is HUGE! as well it is not the "mickey mouse" logo that is on

yojoe.com, does anyone know if funskool made a cobra commander straight arm? I only wanted him for the hand (since I am trying to repair mine) and I was just wondering is anyone knows anything about this.

I recently won a straight arm cobra commander on ebay and the logo on his chest is HUGE! as well it is not the "mickey mouse" logo that is on

yojoe.com, does anyone know if funskool made a cobra commander straight arm? I only wanted him for the hand (since I am trying to repair mine) and I was just wondering is anyone knows anything about this.

a pic or a link to the auction would help! but i know the straight arms were produced in a bunch of other countries soooo could be? i dont think funskool made on though????

TM

tazzman sent me the auction link im gonna try and post the pic in here?

this is really strange? from the pic it looks like someone painted it on?

tazz how does the logo look in person does it look painted or decaled on like normal? ie does it look good?

44_1.JPG

hard to tell from this pic! but i wouldnt touch this figure (customize or seperate the parts until i found out its not some rare item?) i'm gonna try to look into it for ya! lmk on that logo though.

TM

That is a strange looking CC. It kinda looks like a custom painted logo. It's hard to tell from the picture though. The left side of the logo looks factory( correct place,color). Maybe one side rubbed off and someone tried to paint a new one on.

I have the same version, mine came with the sears cobra command center, hope that clears it up.

Could you post a pic of your Sears CC?

How come YOJOE! never posted this variation, is it that rare? From the pic, it looks like a poorly painted right side, does it look like factory paint Tazzzman? Strange indeed.

HHhhmm? there is no mention of a cobra commander (large logo) anywhere? i for one would love to see a close up shot of that chest piece maybe you have stubbled into a variant that previously did not exist?

TM

I personally think its a custom repair job. I have seen hundreds of straight arm CC's over the years including Sears ones and never seen a emblom that wacked out.

Draven #US1#

That is definently what the right side of the paint app looks like, but the rest throws me off a bit, we NEED more pics!!!!!! Anyone???

That is a strange looking CC. It kinda looks like a custom painted logo. It's hard to tell from the picture though. The left side of the logo looks factory( correct place,color). Maybe one side rubbed off and someone tried to paint a new one on.

I agree with you on that one. I have several H.I.S.S. drivers that the emblem rubbed off easily when played with, but I never tried to paint it back on.

OCH22 Posted on Feb 18 2004, 03:56 PM

QUOTE (tai95 @ Feb 18 2004, 10:55 AM)

I agree with you on that one. I have several H.I.S.S. drivers that the emblem rubbed off easily when played with, but I never tried to paint it back on. 

From this pic, it does look like it is painted on. I agree.

I have the same version, mine came with the sears cobra command center, hope that clears it up.

Could you post a pic of your Sears CC?

How come YOJOE! never posted this variation, is it that rare? From the pic, it looks like a poorly painted right side, does it look like factory paint Tazzzman? Strange indeed.

Whats up, sorry I was in a meeting: it is a factory painted logo, it is not repainted on, it is a smooth surface and does not look like someone put the paint one...this SEARS one I am interested in, a one have any more comments/ideas? To clarrify it is not painted on looks factory made......

Maybe yojoe.com is just referencing the Cobra Commander carded version for the picture because they did not have a picture of the one that came with the Sears Command Center. They do make mistakes (although rare) so anything is possible.

joe_colt: Can you post of a picture of yours since yours is a Sears Version?

tazzman sent me the auction link im gonna try and post the pic in here?

this is really strange? from the pic it looks like someone painted it on?

tazz how does the logo look in person does it look painted or decaled on like normal? ie does it look good?

44_1.JPG

hard to tell from this pic! but i wouldnt touch this figure (customize or seperate the parts until i found out its not some rare item?) i'm gonna try to look into it for ya! lmk on that logo though.

TM

TM, the logo does not appear to be painted on, rather it looks like it was made this way at a factory level, I will try to send you a pic of the chest shortly.

I kind of think I've seen a pic of the Cobra Missle Base printed in a sears flyer with the large logo. But I always thought it was a handpainted prototype for those photos

I kind of think I've seen a pic of the Cobra Missle Base printed in a sears flyer with the large logo. But I always thought it was a handpainted prototype for those photos

HUmmmm, this is getting interesting and more dificult to decide what version this is......who should I show this to?

If you say its a factory job then my guess is its a error that occurd at the factory. I am not kidding when I say I have seen hundreds of CC's over the last 8 years ( i ran a small bussiness online once) and never saw one that wacked out. Mickey Mouse version yes but not this.

Draven #US1#

If you say its a factory job then my guess is its a error that occurd at the factory. I am not kidding when I say I have seen hundreds of CC's over the last 8 years ( i ran a small bussiness online once) and never saw one that wacked out. Mickey Mouse version yes but not this.

Draven #US1#

whacked out is exactly what it is, ohh well it is a pretty cool collectable to have.....and all I originally wanted was the straight arms! Now all I need to do is find one unbroken hand :)

Draven  #US1#

whacked out is exactly what it is, ohh well it is a pretty cool collectable to have.....and all I originally wanted was the straight arms! Now all I need to do is find one unbroken hand :)

Yeah if its real as you think just keep it man. And send a pic to Yojoe!

Draven #US1#