All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah I always get figma and shf mixed up as they are pretty much the same thing in my eyes. With the competition its really more comparing premium format figures to retail outlet figures. Some people want to splurge to have better figures whereas others may not have the cash to afford them and have a much cheaper alternative. But I think Storm just wants to hit the nostalgia. They have the market with that because no one has made anything as good as they have nor the characters they are covering. And id imagine that when they got the MK license many years ago, they didnt know about mk11 and it most likely only covered up to X? Either way we are getting many mk figures and I for one am pretty stoked about it.
  3. Today
  4. Yes, movie poster material for sure. nice one. thanks
  5. @JayC After waching your news video, I also thought it was strange they went with the red suit Flynn but after you mentioned "BAF" Recognizer parts these will come with Im thinking it might be a line kind of like Ghostbusters where the pieces to build the Recognizer will not all be included in this wave and they have at least another wave in line later down the road that would complete also include pieces for the recognizer and that way it would be bigger, maybe they knew both a Blue Fynn and Tron would be the mayor sellers so they went with Red Flynn for the first wave to be able to then put a blue flynn in the next wave and ensure that wave does well too.
  6. Is this same sort of thing going to happen for Marvel anytime soon? Like will Hasbro have to rebid for the Marvel license for 6" action figure toys in a few years?
  7. I agree with you and I get what you mean, I wasnt implying a direct competition from Storm and Mcfarlane (from a pricepoint) and as you said we dont really know if storm has the license fot MK11 as well or just the previous ones or not, what I thought was more in the line that Storm wouldnt want to "compete" with McFarlane (after all if a collector has two options of figures of the same character even if its a diferent pricepoint and what that entails, it ends up impacting both companies, after all either one gets most the purchases or they devide them, most collectors wouldnt buy both figures unless they really like the character). My thinking was more in the line of if Im Storm Collectibles then why compete with a different company over a couple figures and maybe impac somewhat my sales, when I have the license for previous versions that no one is making and that way I get all the sales, I thinks thats where they are going, they know other companies might end up doing figures of whats "new" but no one is doing figures from the older games, I think you are totally on point with the fact that they are focusing more on the "classic" avenue of the lines they have. PS: the company that makes the Import Overwatch line is Figma not SHF (I dont really collect these but Ive seen them around)
  8. That would be cool if we got some 6" figures for LOTR done today. Imports or maybe a good offering from McFarlane or Neca.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Any idea if they will glow under ultraviolet or black light?
  11. Actually, some of the best likenesses I've ever seen on a figure (and I'm talking SPOOKY accurate) were done by sculptors years before face-printing or even real-scan. A lot depends on the company's original intention. Did they WANT 100% accurate actor representations, or a representation of the actual character? Don't forget likeness rights either. Could a mere human sculptor achieve an accurate likeness of Emma Watson? Absolutely, . . . but Mac would have to pay Emma for it.
  12. I think the color is movie accurate, it just comes off looking so big on the figure.
  13. I gotta say that the final figure looks like turned out much nicer looking than the earlier production samples I saw for this one at places like Toy Fair an SDCC.
  14. Im only guessing but if they paint the white (or grey) over the brown as I suspect they do, they probably go with a little darker color like grey over white to prevent the brown from bleeding through. Again thats only a guess but sound logical doesn't it
  15. That's exactly what I thought, Jay. Lots of chicken littles muddy the waters. When there are enough of them speculating about the sky falling, things become less and less clear.
  16. Yeah I was gonna say, didn't Super7 do an Ultimate He-Man. The thing that keeps my He-Man figure buying to a min is the whole pre-order thing. I understand why a small company like Super7 does it, but I'd probably have bought a whole lot more He-Man figures from both Mattel and Super7 if they hadn't gone the pre-order route with them.
  17. DCC can technically still do the same things they've always been able to do. Nothing has really changed there in regards to that as I understand it. With DCC its more what they choose to do than what they can do. Seeing them soliciting new DC Essentials figures into 2020 was a good sign they will continue to do some action figures even once McFarlane takes over.
  18. The thing is that McFarlane still uses just human sculptors where Hasbro is using facial scanning technology. I think using the sculptors works well for non-human characters like Voldemort but not as well for capturing the likenesses of real human actors.
  19. I think there is added articulation. You also will be getting disc accessories and effects. The coolest thing to me here though is the Recognizer build-a-pieces. I am still waiting to hear back from DST about what the size of that will be when it's put together.
  20. That's only to be expected. After all, Hasbro has resources that Mac just doesn't have access to.
  21. This isn't too surprising since Diamond Selects also did two of these characters in their Kingdom Hearts Select line. In fact, I'm pretty should they just reusing Tron and Sark's bodies, just with different paint jobs. Still, great for Tron fans.
  1. Load more activity
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• Members

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE