In-Hand Image of the McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Platinum Edition Reverse Flash, The Manhunter and Sportsmaster Figures

Shown below via krauseriihk is an in-hand look at the new DC Multiverse Platinum Edition Reverse Flash, The Manhunter and Sportsmaster Figures from McFarlane Toys. These yet to be solicited figures appear to be out already in Hong Kong! Stay tuned...

Reverse.01.jpg

Shown below via kowloontoys & ghrn.kang is an in-hand look at the new DC Multiverse Gold Label DC vs Vampires Shazam & DC Multiverse Max Mercury Figures from McFarlane Toys. These yet to be solicited figures appear to be out already in Hong Kong and usually the DC vs Vampire figures are exclusive to Walmart! Stay tuned...

Shazam.Max.Mercury.01.jpg

Shazam.Max.Mercury.02.jpg

Shazam.Max.Mercury.03.jpg

I'm definitely in for DCvV Shazam and that Max Mercury. I'm guessing that those are both going to be Walmart exclusives. I'm worried about distribution on the other 3 platinum figures. I know for certain that I want Sportsmaster and at least 1 Manhunter, and probably more than 1. I'm not familiar with that particular Reverse Flash and this isn't a great image of it. Anyone know that backstory on that one?

The fact that the Platinum editions of Sportsmaster and the Manhunter actually look like Sportsmaster and the Manhunter tells me that the regular versions are probably going to look awful. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RobertD said:

The fact that the Platinum editions of Sportsmaster and the Manhunter actually look like Sportsmaster and the Manhunter tells me that the regular versions are probably going to look awful. 

I haven't seen regular version on any of the leaked lists...so I'm at a loss with these LOL

• Like 1

I don't think that there are going to be regular versions of those Platinums...I think they're just being offered as ultra rare platinum versions on their own. These may be McFarlane EQL offerings only or being offered as exclusives only available to their new recently announced Collector Club platinum level customers ($100 annual fee). I really think that things like this are the only possibly way that McFarlane could justify something like that. I certainly could be wrong about that though as I'm only speculating. That's why I mentioned in my earlier post that I was really worried about distribution on these. You can go to the McFarlane Toy Store to see details on the Collectors Clubs various levels that were recently announced.

Update: A poster on The Fwoosh that advised me that he already has all of these in route from Hong Kong advised me that the Platinums are expected to be Target exclusives in the United States even though they're Platinum rather than Gold Label. So that would shoot my theory of these only being available under Platinum Collector Club subscription out of the water (fortunately, I think depending on how hard they are to get from Target).

Shown below via Alaw2046 is an in-hand look at the new DC Multiverse Platinum Edition Reverse Flash and Sportsmaster Figures from McFarlane Toys. These yet to be solicited figures appear to be out already in Hong Kong! Stay tuned...

Sportsmaster.01.jpg

Sportsmaster.02.jpg

2 hours ago, toynewman said:

I haven't seen regular version on any of the leaked lists...so I'm at a loss with these LOL

Ah, another potential Movie Catwoman debacle.  McFarlane sure does make some... "unique" decisions. 

2 hours ago, RobertD said:

Ah, another potential Movie Catwoman debacle.  McFarlane sure does make some... "unique" decisions. 

I don't think Reverse Flash or Sportsmaster are nearly as popular as Hathaway Catwoman.  So, that decision is still likely to stand out in its own category of debacle.

Shown below via Alaw2046 is an in-hand look at the new DC Multiverse, Robin, Reverse Flash, Cyborg Superman, The Atom and The Manhunter Figures from McFarlane Toys. These yet to be solicited figures appear to be out already in Hong Kong! Stay tuned...

0000.jpg

00000.jpg

000000.jpg

Sportsmaster.03.jpg

Sportsmaster.04.jpg

Sportsmaster.05.jpg

1 hour ago, deecee4 said:

Manhunter only being available as a platinum is bumming me out.

"Let's do an army builder but slot it into the rarest production category we have."  Why, I surely have no idea what the problem could possibly be, LOL. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seriously how stupid is McFarlane's team? People want to buy multiple Man hunters. This would be like making Stormtroopers a chase figure. It's not like there's a ton of army building options in DC, but this is definitely one of them.

• Like 1

Why do we get figures like these, yet no comics'-based Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, & Ventriloquist w/ Scarface? These are major villains in Batman's Rogues' Gallery. McFarlane has had the license for four years now. I'd also like to see a new Harley Quinn in her traditional costume. All of these villains would be immediate sell outs. 

54 minutes ago, rono said:

Why do we get figures like these, yet no comics'-based Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, & Ventriloquist w/ Scarface? These are major villains in Batman's Rogues' Gallery. McFarlane has had the license for four years now. I'd also like to see a new Harley Quinn in her traditional costume. All of these villains would be immediate sell outs. 

Why did we get Psycho Pirate instead of Power Girl?

He's not a great license holder.

FIRST LOOK at the McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Walmart Exclusive Gold Label Max Mercury (The Flash) 7" Scale Figure which launches for pre-order exclusively at Walmart next month. Stay tuned for more!

Max.Mercury.jpg

Max Mercury will be a must purchase for me. I've still got the old DC Direct figure. Fortunately Walmart exclusives have been much easier to get recently. I'm expecting that he and DCvV Shazam will probably come out at the same time.

• Like 1

I could go for Max Mercury if I see him.  He's not one of those essential characters that I'd have to hunt down, but he looks decent enough and I wouldn't mind adding him to the collection.