DC Multiverse Collector Edition #14 Sergeant Rock Figure Preview From McFarlane

McFarlane Toys has released a new preview image for their DC Multiverse 7" Collector Edition #14 Sergeant Rock figure which will be up for pre-order at 12pm ET on June 14th at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Superboy (Conner Kent) and Batman (Manga) which were shown off at WonderCon likely will be going up for pre-order that day as well. If we get updated preview images for those we will be sure to update you here.

Sgt-Rock.jpg

1 hour ago, Arkana99 said:

It'll be incredible weird to have an army guy figure that comes with no weapons, that knife will have to do.

Based on comments I've heard Todd say about this figure, my guess is we will see a Platinum or Gold Label version that will come with a gun.

I don't recognize this... I don't remember him having a beard (it looks like that in the photo) and where are his trademark ripped-up, torn fatigues; this looks like a vest, and he didn't wear that (not even part of WWII US Army gear at the time). Where's the cartridge belt, along with the belts of ammo over his shoulders? It does say "prototype" so maybe (!) the final product will look more like Sgt. Rock.

Hey! McFarlane has been doing vehicles lately.....wonder if he's got a Phantom Ace & crimson Fokker DR 1 up his sleeve? That would be a huge plane....I can't see it getting made but who knows....

Love it! I've needed to retire and replace my DC Direct version of Sgt Rock from 2002 forever!

43 minutes ago, Frozentenderloin said:

Kinda wish McFarlane’s stuff was 6 In. so I could throw this dude in with my Joes lol

Ha yeah I thought the same, actually when I first saw this figure on Instagram I thought it was a new Classified tease, I had to double take.

Wasn't Sgt Rock in G.I. Joe? at least I'm certain they had a 12'' figure of him in the early big doll Joe years, that was the same character right?

I think it's pretty cool they even did this, I don't really ever recall Sgt Rock interacting with anyone outside of his own title, but I know little about a ton of DC stuff, but I also don't remember him having a beard so not sure which iteration of the character this is.

7 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ha yeah I thought the same, actually when I first saw this figure on Instagram I thought it was a new Classified tease, I had to double take.

Wasn't Sgt Rock in G.I. Joe? at least I'm certain they had a 12'' figure of him in the early big doll Joe years, that was the same character right?

I think it's pretty cool they even did this, I don't really ever recall Sgt Rock interacting with anyone outside of his own title, but I know little about a ton of DC stuff, but I also don't remember him having a beard so not sure which iteration of the character this is.

He met with Batman, Superman, Suicide Squad....weird mashups because they also wanted him to be dead by end of WWII. 

9 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

He met with Batman, Superman, Suicide Squad....weird mashups because they also wanted him to be dead by end of WWII. 

Oh alright, yeah like I always say my DC knowledge is spotty since I never was huge on the whole DC Universe, but cool he did do some hanging around the big players, I can see him & Suicide Squad being a cool team-up.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I don't recognize this... I don't remember him having a beard (it looks like that in the photo) and where are his trademark ripped-up, torn fatigues, and cartridge belt, along with the belts of ammo over his shoulders? It does say "prototype" so maybe (!) the final product will look more like Sgt. Rock.

The appereance of certain characters always varies depending off the artist who draw them.

74023_171321052879905_4025756_n.jpg

9 minutes ago, Arkana99 said:

The appereance of certain characters always varies depending off the artist who draw them.

74023_171321052879905_4025756_n.jpg

Certain characters have a certain LOOK. They may have some variations but generally they have a basic, classic outfit or physical feature, etc. The picture you have here says it all. That photo of the figure doesn't look anything like the SGT Rock we'd expect to see. But it may not be the final product, so we can wait and see.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh alright, yeah like I always say my DC knowledge is spotty since I never was huge on the whole DC Universe, but cool he did do some hanging around the big players, I can see him & Suicide Squad being a cool team-up.

LOL dont worry about it....they do a lot of "time travel" type stories to get him with those guys. Supposedly he was KIA on the last day the last bullet was fired in WWII. So some of these meets have to be taken with a grain of salt. Still, he was DC's longest running WWII mag. I heard at one point there was a plan to do a movie of him starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Obviously didn't happen, but that would have been interesting.

10 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

LOL dont worry about it....they do a lot of "time travel" type stories to get him with those guys. Supposedly he was KIA on the last day the last bullet was fired in WWII. So some of these meets have to be taken with a grain of salt. Still, he was DC's longest running WWII mag. I heard at one point there was a plan to do a movie of him starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Obviously didn't happen, but that would have been interesting.

Yeah I had heard rumours of that Arnold movie, and many others like at one point Tarrantino was going to make a Sgt Rock movie, and that a new Movie was being talked about with John Bernthal.

Honestly Sgt Rock would make a good movie, it seems like something James Gunn would consider at some point.

What deep, dark, alternate-universe hole did McFarlane use as reference for this version of Rock?  Been a while since I had seen any art of him, so did a Google search. Also did a copilot AI search. Rock didn't have a beard. His face is generally not shaped like that. Can't find a single image where he's wearing that kind of vest OR wearing two radically different shades of green. So....let me guess...is this Todd's vision of what Rock should have looked like if he'd drawn him?  Frankly, unless McFarlane said it was Rock, I would never look at the comic art and guess this is him.

For those wondering what's on his back, it appears to be one of those short-handled shovels with the folding blade that could also be used as a weapon. I think some call them an entrenching shovel. 

• Like 1

It looks like McFarlane reused the movie Bane hips, legs and arms for this so Im guessing its on the tall side for a 7 inch figure.  Not sure how I feel about this one, would need to see it in person. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwheeler0805 said:

What deep, dark, alternate-universe hole did McFarlane use as reference for this version of Rock?  Been a while since I had seen any art of him, so did a Google search. Also did a copilot AI search. Rock didn't have a beard. His face is generally not shaped like that. Can't find a single image where he's wearing that kind of vest OR wearing two radically different shades of green. So....let me guess...is this Todd's vision of what Rock should have looked like if he'd drawn him?  Frankly, unless McFarlane said it was Rock, I would never look at the comic art and guess this is him.

For those wondering what's on his back, it appears to be one of those short-handled shovels with the folding blade that could also be used as a weapon. I think some call them an entrenching shovel. 

McFarlane does his own thing LOL 

15 hours ago, Atlantis said:

If its his "own thing", fine, but then he can't call it Sgt Rock. 

That's the problem with Mcfarlane, if he wants to do his own thing then he shouldn't have the DC license or any license  for that matter. He should just do his own original characters.

23 hours ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

That's the problem with Mcfarlane, if he wants to do his own thing then he shouldn't have the DC license or any license  for that matter. He should just do his own original characters.

Every figure he makes is from an official source (other than the few that were labeled as Mcfarlane originals) of some kind including the Platinums. He doesn't pick weird colors at random. They all come from some comic somewhere whether it's a single panel or a cover or where ever he happens to find it. Every figure has to be cleared by DC/WB, so it's fine. "His thing" is in reference to the style of his figures proportion-wise which I'm fine with. His DC line is going to eventually overtake Classics as the best DC line now that he's allowed to dip into more classic designs. Classics has horrible articulation by today's standards so he has that beat and eventually the variety in characters will reach that older line's level. There's 500+ figs in the line and there's nothing but new characters coming.

6 hours ago, hainrs said:

Every figure he makes is from an official source (other than the few that were labeled as Mcfarlane originals) of some kind including the Platinums. He doesn't pick weird colors at random.

I've seen this said before and it is patently, demonstrably untrue. 

Also, it's pretty clear that Sgt. Rock here is just a stealth Sabertooth figure from the opening credits of that Wolverine Origins movie.  And here everyone has been bemoaning the "fact" that he's just doing statues for Marvel, when he's been planning to sneak them in under DC's banner all along!