McFarlane Toys PHX FAN FUSION 2024 Live Panel Coverage

Todd McFarlane is currently at PHX FAN FUSION 2024 and announcing new toys!

DC Multiverse Classic Darkseid
SC Super Powers Black Manta, Guy Gardner, Batman, Superman and Booster Gold

Jim Lee Wonder Woman Statue

1:1 Batman 89 Cowl - Cost Estimated at around $100

PHX.00.jpg

PHX.01.jpg

PHX.02.jpg

PHX.03.jpg

• Thanks 1

• toynewman changed the title to McFarlane Toys PHX FAN FUSION 2024 Live Panel Coverage

I'm looking forward to Darkseid, but don't really have any interest in the Super Powers, Statues or Cowl.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

We got to be getting an ultimate classic Superman to go up against this awesome Darkseid figure right?!!

That would be amazing, I can see McFarlane doing John Byrne-esque looking one using earth 2 Superman body with new logo and darker blue and red.

As for 1:1 Batman Cowl, it seems almost unrealistic at this price point even if it's done super cheaply, but either way great value due to scale alone.

• Thanks 1

The batman drawing on the Superpowers card strongly reminds me of a specific image from a comic and I cant remember where and it's going to bug me for days lol. Also his head is a little too big (on the drawing).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, deecee4 said:

The batman drawing on the Superpowers card strongly reminds me of a specific image from a comic and I cant remember where and it's going to bug me for days lol. Also his head is a little too big (on the drawing).

almost positive theres a batman black and white statue of this. I think its frank quitely 

Todd must know that what we want is .... the Jack Kirby styled Super Powers figures in the Kenner style...!! 
He sure jerks us around ... getting us there.!! 
I'm a little disappointed that the First Appearance Superman was not in the Kenner style ...but in the Repaint McFarlane-style from Wave 1...!!  (So sad.!) 
These 'too large' McFarlane-Style repaint figures are a real let down ...going into Wave 8...!!  
To me, ... it would have been so much simpler ...and better ... to just give us the Kenner-styled ...Jack Kirby-like Super Powers figures... and expand the SP line... with other figures ...like Blue Beetle and others like he's doing....!!  
Hopefully, the repainted, McFarlane-too large figures will fade...and the more Kenner-styled Jack Kirby-like figures from the comic books ...will replace them. 
I love this line..!!  The Blue Beetle, The Bug, the Detective Batman, the black-suit Batman, Brainiac, Sinestro, Green Lantern ... and a few others are Great Figures..!!  Hope this line continues to bring us more.!! 

3 hours ago, deecee4 said:

I think what you're thinking of is the Garcia-Lopez drawing of Batman from the DC Style Guide....is that it?

bm sp.jpg

bm garcia.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cvg_1782151760 said:

Todd must know that what we want is .... the Jack Kirby styled Super Powers figures in the Kenner style...!! 
He sure jerks us around ... getting us there.!! 
I'm a little disappointed that the First Appearance Superman was not in the Kenner style ...but in the Repaint McFarlane-style from Wave 1...!!  (So sad.!) 
These 'too large' McFarlane-Style repaint figures are a real let down ...going into Wave 8...!!  
To me, ... it would have been so much simpler ...and better ... to just give us the Kenner-styled ...Jack Kirby-like Super Powers figures... and expand the SP line... with other figures ...like Blue Beetle and others like he's doing....!!  
Hopefully, the repainted, McFarlane-too large figures will fade...and the more Kenner-styled Jack Kirby-like figures from the comic books ...will replace them. 
I love this line..!!  The Blue Beetle, The Bug, the Detective Batman, the black-suit Batman, Brainiac, Sinestro, Green Lantern ... and a few others are Great Figures..!!  Hope this line continues to bring us more.!! 

We’ll likely get replicas in time. His Jordan Lantern is perfect. It would have been nice if it was the same scale as the 80s line but Spinmaster has that scale nailed down. Their DC/Batman line is surprisingly deep. The line has somewhat lost its way but there are more unique characters in that line than what the original Super Powers had, plus a decent number of comic specific variants of Batman and Superman. Name a Batman villain and they probably made it on top of a decent chunk of other characters’ villains.

I dont think that’s first appearance Superman. It looks more like Fleischer to me.

9 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I think what you're thinking of is the Garcia-Lopez drawing of Batman from the DC Style Guide....is that it?

bm sp.jpg

bm garcia.jpg

Yes! Thank you. I was thinking either Garcia Lopez or Alan Davis. 

If it weren't for the Kirby inspiration I wouldn't have bothered, but I'm glad I got my order in.  I already have my modern Darkseid locked up with the Beast Kingdom version. 

It's great looking figure, but this is more for Super Powers fans so I'm not too depressed with it selling out so fast because it will be only matter of time until we get classic Darkside without cape and maybe in two pack with Orion or Classic Superman.