Mondo Announces 1/6 Scale ThunderCats Figures

JayC

Mondo today at the c2e2 convention announced they will be doing ThunderCats 1/6 scale figures. No word yet on who the first figure will be of but likely we will hear and see more on this at SDCC in July.

Thundercats.jpg

• Thanks 1

The impracticality of amassing a collection of heroes & villains in the 1/6 scale at $200+ ea. aside, the updating of the look never really does it for me with these guys. And here is no exception. Its's toon & toy accurate for me.

But, still, it's great seeing someone else doing something with the property. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, deecee4 said:

The impracticality of amassing a collection of heroes & villains in the 1/6 scale at $200+ ea. aside, the updating of the look never really does it for me with these guys. And here is no exception. Its's toon & toy accurate for me.

But, still, it's great seeing someone else doing something with the property. 

I agree with the price and having it be toon accurate. They released the reimagined He-Man and Skeletor first, then did more toy accurate versions later.

What I'm about to say, I'm not getting down on Mondo or MOTU, but with the IP holders themselves, and it's a critique I've held since they started realizing adults were collecting. How many versions of the same characters do I need to own? 1/6 scale, World's Smallest, Funko Pop, Loyal Subject, Ultimates, statues, Page Punchers, busts, Kenner style, etc., etc.

I feel really sorry for TMNT fans, because it seems like 70 companies are churning out product.

At some point, as a consumer, you begin to feel taken advantage of, and stop buying altogether.

• Thanks 1

Mondo has been on fire today with these announcements. A Lion-O in the style of Mondos Masters Of The Universe line. Looks very interesting, their Mumm-Ra The Ever Living is going to be huge!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anime_blast said:

Looks  amazing 😻😻😻Oh my gosh!!!! I hope they do SilverHawks  line at some point and we get a Melodia🎹🎼🎶🙏

CollageArt_202437223616470.png

I think you are dreaming on that one man...

I will keep collecting Super 7 Ultimates because of the price and size and not starting again on this more expensive line...💡

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I think you are dreaming on that one man...

I will keep collecting Super 7 Ultimates because of the price and size and not starting again on this more expensive line...💡

Yeah I know it's a pipe dream bit never say never! Yes I wish Super7 would hurry up with her figure lol😹

• Thanks 1

Also I have to say that I want cartoon accurate versions of the ThunderCats so I'm good with the current Ultimates line... This line is for high end collectors so good for them that now have a line for their needs. 😃👍💡

20 minutes ago, Anime_blast said:

Yeah I know it's a pipe dream bit never say never! Yes I wish Super7 would hurry up with her figure lol😹

I think she will be in their next wave man...😃👍💡

13 hours ago, Hassenfeld said:

I agree with the price and having it be toon accurate. They released the reimagined He-Man and Skeletor first, then did more toy accurate versions later.

What I'm about to say, I'm not getting down on Mondo or MOTU, but with the IP holders themselves, and it's a critique I've held since they started realizing adults were collecting. How many versions of the same characters do I need to own? 1/6 scale, World's Smallest, Funko Pop, Loyal Subject, Ultimates, statues, Page Punchers, busts, Kenner style, etc., etc.

I feel really sorry for TMNT fans, because it seems like 70 companies are churning out product.

At some point, as a consumer, you begin to feel taken advantage of, and stop buying altogether.

Oh right, I forgot about those first 2 Motu figures Mondo made, good point!

Interesting take on current day turtles merch but, I don't feel sorry for tmnt fans at all lol. They are eating very well these day and I'm actually a little jealous lol. They have tons of options available to them. At the moment, the adult toy collectibles market is glutted with turtles...yet properties like Thundercats and Silverhawks are barely getting anything. And properties like Mask,Inhumanoids and Air Raiders aren't touched on at all...despite nearly everyone liking monsters and guys in cool sci-fi armor. I guess Ramen touches on that a little bit but, they're primarily unlicensed and their output is slow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Hassenfeld said:

No one is being taken advantage of. No one is forcing any adult to buy any of those 70 different companies’ TMNT figures/items. You pick and choose what you prefer and within whatever budget you have to work with. Having so many choices is a great problem to have, since there will likely be something for everyone and likely a price point to match.

• Thanks 1

If it's anything like MOTU line then it's gonna be another great looking selection of figures, Mondo is this far the best when it comes to capturing animated visual and translating them into figure form, if only they could do better engineered articulation. 

• Thanks 1