WonderCon 2024 McFarlane Toys Panel

JayC

16 hours ago, toynewman said:

There will be more stock of the McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Collector Edition Wave 4 figures featuring Starfire, Penguin and Captain Boomerang available as they start to hit stores in May/June!

I believe he said the same thing about Wonder Woman and only a few more trickled out when she was released (and Amazon ended up cancelling some people's preorders of that second batch).

• Thanks 1

I'm gonna just keep saying I wish Mattel still had the license. I did get a starfire on preorder. Hopefully I don't wind up with the platinum edition. There's definitely some.market corrections aff we xring supply after the bubble burst 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jscott991 said:

I believe he said the same thing about Wonder Woman and only a few more trickled out when she was released (and Amazon ended up cancelling some people's preorders of that second batch).

Best Buy had her 3 different times as well after he said that and Gamestop......still sold out quickly.

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2024 at 10:34 PM, MagnaPrime said:

I think Todd is a little more than a figure head. He serves that role yes, but it seems to me he's got a little more control than that. Just needs someone to talk to him about scale.

obviously yes, he is part owner. but he definitely cant do anything he wants in regards to the licenses his company holds. and he definitely doesnt wield absolute power in the company. and he is in no way involved in the day to day operations of the company. the scale issue you mention isnt something hes involved with or even cares about.

hes currently attempting to direct a movie, still draws a monthly comic, animates for music and tv, goes to every single oilers game. has investor calls, budgets to approve, licensee calls, probably 2000 emails a day to answer and yet somehow you all believe this man is in the factory in china assembling toys or making the decision to repaint a figure as gold label. i mean seriously. its a company. same as hasbro. same as nike. same as mattel. same as neca. same as jazwares, topps, millenium, etc etc etc.

i get it, most of you are much older and are remembering 30 years ago when he started his company and did do everything himself and hustled to grow his brand, kinda like how bobby vala does now. but these days, in 2024, his company is very large, with multiple owners, multiple shareholders, and multiple offices and factories, and multiple departments, with various people in leadership roles that are making the decisions you all complain about.

i mean when ya'll #$## about hasbro no one is saying "well john does what johns gonna do" lol 

On 4/4/2024 at 11:01 AM, MagnaPrime said:

I'm gonna just keep saying I wish Mattel still had the license. I did get a starfire on preorder. Hopefully I don't wind up with the platinum edition. There's definitely some.market corrections aff we xring supply after the bubble burst 

mattel doesnt have the license because they saw the landscape change that was happening. it wasnt a bubble burst thats affecting supply, its that the demand is no longer there. the hobby is getting older and is now geared toward middle aged adults. and with all the boutique offerings out there these days, and with most of us having more to spend but wanting to spend correctly, the standard lines arent selling like they used to. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Monstrous said:

obviously yes, he is part owner. but he definitely cant do anything he wants in regards to the licenses his company holds. and he definitely doesnt wield absolute power in the company. and he is in no way involved in the day to day operations of the company. the scale issue you mention isnt something hes involved with or even cares about.

hes currently attempting to direct a movie, still draws a monthly comic, animates for music and tv, goes to every single oilers game. has investor calls, budgets to approve, licensee calls, probably 2000 emails a day to answer and yet somehow you all believe this man is in the factory in china assembling toys or making the decision to repaint a figure as gold label. i mean seriously. its a company. same as hasbro. same as nike. same as mattel. same as neca. same as jazwares, topps, millenium, etc etc etc.

i get it, most of you are much older and are remembering 30 years ago when he started his company and did do everything himself and hustled to grow his brand, kinda like how bobby vala does now. but these days, in 2024, his company is very large, with multiple owners, multiple shareholders, and multiple offices and factories, and multiple departments, with various people in leadership roles that are making the decisions you all complain about.

i mean when ya'll #$## about hasbro no one is saying "well john does what johns gonna do" lol 

We all believe Todd is working in a Chinese factory. lol. That’s news to me. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, deecee4 said:

Phygital? 

"Phygital (physical plus digital) is a marketing term that describes blending digital experiences with physical ones."

i had to google it lol, i'm surprised there is still a digital market for figures. i don't get it.

• Like 2

I think McFarlane always had an ego and hubris when it came to his  ventures and he doesn’t want to give up Digital thing too fast and show the weakness, he will definitely try to keep it alive for at least a year, and it’s not like digital figures are sold on their own and can be judged by that, they are always in bundles with actual stuff so he might consider Digital success due to this even though customers are buying physical figures for their own sake.  

The new McFarlane Toys 30th Anniversary Spawn (Comic Cover #95) 1:7 Scale Posed Figure w/Digital Collectible Pre-Order is available for pre-order from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth with a suggested retail price of $49.99.

A highly trained assassin, double-crossed and murdered by his evil boss Jason Wynn. Al sold his soul to Malebolgia, one of the many rulers of hell, in order to see his wife Wanda Blake again. Malebolgia had other things in mind for Al and sent him back to earth with no memory as a Hellspawn, one of his soldiers, to do his bidding. He is ordered by the devil's minion, The Clown, to kill Wynn/ Wynn has made a deal with the Clown too, and is supposed to destroy the world with a deadly virus that will help start Armageddon and allow Hell to attack Heaven. Spawn must choose between Good and Evil.

Includes a McFARLANE TOYS DIGITAL COLLECTIBLE.
Incredibly detailed 1:7th scale posed figure based on TODD McFARLANE'S SPAWN comic books.
Featured in McFarlane Toys 30th Anniversary themed packaging.
Includes display base and a collectible art card with character art on the front, and character biography on the back.

Spawn.01.jpg

Spawn.02.jpg

Spawn.03.jpg

Spawn.04.jpg

Spawn.05.jpg

Spawn.06.jpg

Spawn.07.jpg

Spawn.08.jpg

Spawn.09.jpg

Spawn.10.jpg

Spawn.11.jpg

Spawn.12.jpg

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, toynewman said:

The new McFarlane Toys 30th Anniversary Spawn (Comic Cover #95) 1:7 Scale Posed Figure w/Digital Collectible Pre-Order is available for pre-order from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth with a suggested retail price of $49.99.

A highly trained assassin, double-crossed and murdered by his evil boss Jason Wynn. Al sold his soul to Malebolgia, one of the many rulers of hell, in order to see his wife Wanda Blake again. Malebolgia had other things in mind for Al and sent him back to earth with no memory as a Hellspawn, one of his soldiers, to do his bidding. He is ordered by the devil's minion, The Clown, to kill Wynn/ Wynn has made a deal with the Clown too, and is supposed to destroy the world with a deadly virus that will help start Armageddon and allow Hell to attack Heaven. Spawn must choose between Good and Evil.

Includes a McFARLANE TOYS DIGITAL COLLECTIBLE.
Incredibly detailed 1:7th scale posed figure based on TODD McFARLANE'S SPAWN comic books.
Featured in McFarlane Toys 30th Anniversary themed packaging.
Includes display base and a collectible art card with character art on the front, and character biography on the back.

Spawn.01.jpg

Spawn.02.jpg

Spawn.03.jpg

Spawn.04.jpg

Spawn.05.jpg

Spawn.06.jpg

Spawn.07.jpg

Spawn.08.jpg

Spawn.09.jpg

Spawn.10.jpg

Spawn.11.jpg

Spawn.12.jpg

d@mmit Todd!!  This is what killed your line the first time!  People want articulated figs not pre posed action statues!  

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 8:04 AM, kILLMonger said:

d@mmit Todd!!  This is what killed your line the first time!  People want articulated figs not pre posed action statues!  

I totally agree. I remember all those really cool looking Viking figures and those tortured figures and the weird wizard of oz stuff and I wanted it all but I bought absolutely zero due to the fact I couldn’t pose them. Well that is a lie I did get the flying monkeys pack but I passed on all the other stuff. I would still love to get that stuff if they redone it and made it articulated. 

The McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Collector Edition Starfire, Penguin and Captain Boomerang Figure are available again for pre-order from Amazon with a suggested retail price of $29.99 each. All three figures have Platinum Editions as well!

I've got all 3 on pre-order. I really want both versions of Starfire. I'd prefer the Platinum version of Penguin and the standard version of Captain Boomerang.