Mattel Masters of the Universe Origins Extendar Figure

Shown below are in-hand images for what appears to be the upcoming Masters of the Universe Origins Extendar Figure from Mattel have appeared up on social media. While the figure was originally announced last year at SDCC, no word yet from Mattel on how, when or where this figure will see release.

Extendar.96.jpg

Extendar.97.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Extendar!  I freaking love Extendar.  Never had a Colossus figure as a kid, so he was kind of my stand-in Tank character. 

Fun note, my waist extension was so ridiculously tight I was well into adulthood (like, easily in my 30s) before I finally managed to get that open.  As a kid I was convinced the box art was just lying to me, and there wasn't one there. 

At this point I'm actually happier to see this as a Mattelcreations exclusive then a Walmart or Target exclusive, since at least I might get a chance at this one, I'm increasingly more tired about how hard this line is getting to collect, but I mean in Canada it always was annoying, but I'm so far deep I can't stop now, I must at least have 1 of every existing character, I'll freak out if I'm missing someone.

....already freaking out, no Moss Man, now missing out on the Walmart con stuff... 😪

• 1 month later...

I wonder if his neck will be able to fully extend past the mask?  That was always a shortcoming with the original- he was really just peeking over with the mouth area mostly still covered, instead of fully exposing his face.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

I don't know. St-klone wasn't too terrible to Rey and get

I actually missed Sy-Klone man so there's a valid point he is making here...

On 3/15/2024 at 10:42 PM, LordVenger said:

Probably won’t be able to get him so what difference does it make. 

He wasn't hard to get. Log in and make the order and pay and then poof it's done. Like magic. It's that easy and I got Sy-Clone after starting the transaction 10 minutes late.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hainrs said:

He wasn't hard to get. Log in and make the order and pay and then poof it's done. Like magic. It's that easy and I got Sy-Clone after starting the transaction 10 minutes late.

Some people are busy working during the middle of the day and don’t have the ability to be online at the exact moment of drop. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little surprised (and saddened) that they didn't give him a second set of flat, "karate-chop" hands to mimic the original.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there are gripping hands, just wish the option was there to display like the OG. 

Extendar was one of the last figures released in the vintage MOTU line back in the 1980s. This Hordak experiment-turned-hero uses an extendable body to leap great distances and his powerful reach to fend off attackers. We brought Extendar back and now, for the first time, he’s in Origins form with a unique body that extends. Our figure has 16 points of articulation and extendable limbs to set him above and beyond any collection. Pre-orders open on May 22nd at 9 am PDT only on MattelCreations with a suggested retail price of $20.00!

Masters of the Universe Origins™ Extendar™ Action Figure
Figure stands 5.5 inches tall and extends to 8.0 inches

16 points of articulation
Comes with a folding shield and a mini comic
Arrives in premium MOTU Origins packaging

Extendar.01.jpg

Extendar.02.jpg

Extendar.03.jpg

Extendar.04.jpg

Extendar.05.jpg

Extendar.06.jpg

Extendar.07.jpg

Extendar.08.jpg

Extendar.09.jpg

Extendar.10.jpg

Extendar.11.jpg

Extendar.12.jpg

Extendar.13.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2024 at 12:02 PM, Blurr86 said:

I'm on the fence whether to get me one of this Extendar.... I couldn't recall him being part of the original series. Wonder.... wonder????

He was in a he vintage toy line near the end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2024 at 1:02 PM, Blurr86 said:

I'm on the fence whether to get me one of this Extendar.... I couldn't recall him being part of the original series. Wonder.... wonder????

He was not in the Filmation cartoon but the toy line and mini comics... I remember in 1988 that we went on vacation and I  saw at the toy store all those characters which I was clueless of them like Dragstor, Mosquito, Modulok, Multibot (Which is the only one my parents bought me), Bladt Atack, among others...😃💡👍

• Like 1

Love the design but just dont have the nostalgia for it. Only thing I've been interested in with origins is that time period from 82-84, which is like the first 3 waves or so of the original line.

• Thanks 1

Extendar was one of the last figures released in the vintage MOTU line back in the 1980s. This Hordak experiment-turned-hero uses an extendable body to leap great distances and his powerful reach to fend off attackers. We brought Extendar back and now, for the first time, he’s in Origins form with a unique body that extends. Our figure has 16 points of articulation and extendable limbs to set him above and beyond any collection. Pre-orders are now open on MattelCreations with a suggested retail price of $20.00!

• Thanks 1