Playmates Toys TMNT Classic Original Sketch Figures And 40th Anniversary Voltron

JayC

Shown below via the new issue of Toy Book is a look at the upcoming Playmates Toys Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Original Sketch Turtle figures which will cost $11.99 each and be out in June 2024. Also show is the new 40th Anniversary Voltron. You can take the Classic Legendary Lions (Red, Green, Blue and Yellow $19.99 each) and plug them into the Black Lion ($29.99), to form a 16" tall Voltron that will feature electronic sounds and phrases. There will also be a 5-pack available for $99.99. These are also due out in June.

Playmates.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Long ago in Dover, New Hampshire, two upstart comic artists passed the time making each other laugh. Kevin Eastman sketched an unlikely combination of ‘Ninja’ and ‘Turtle.’ Peter Laird answered back with his own version. Before long, a new sketch emerged of all 4 teenage brothers, ready for action. And the rest, as they say, is history! Add the Original Sketch Turtles to your collection, available this Summer from Playmates Toys.

TMNT.jpg

• Thanks 1

Oh boy, I want these, what fun, they look so derpy, I will get these for sure, very much hoping these actually show up in Canada, I was still trying to find the 2003 re-issues, no luck.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh boy, I want these, what fun, they look so derpy, I will get these for sure, very much hoping these actually show up in Canada, I was still trying to find the 2003 re-issues, no luck.

Those seem to be pretty scarce for some odd reason?

21 hours ago, toynewman said:

Those seem to be pretty scarce for some odd reason?

I have not even seen a piece of evidence, no hide nor hair, that the 2003 re-issues have even been here in Canada, but that doesn't surprise me *wamp wamp*

maybe they will eventually show up, one can never tell.

On 3/2/2024 at 12:13 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I have not even seen a piece of evidence, no hide nor hair, that the 2003 re-issues have even been here in Canada, but that doesn't surprise me *wamp wamp*

maybe they will eventually show up, one can never tell.

I want new newer version.......I keep hoping NECA or Super7 show some but I really am tired of $35-55 figures lately

Kinda tempted on these turtles for my shelf, but also wondering if Neca might do something similar.

On 3/3/2024 at 11:27 AM, toynewman said:

I want new netter version.......I keep hoping NECA or Super7 show some but I really am tired of $35-55 figures lately

Yeah that's my thing, not into how expensive NECA and S7 are so I tend to pass, NECA are like 60 buck figures lately here and S7 75-80 range, it's too much

I'd actually rather have these cheaper things, it's just all about will it be cool to look at on a shelf for me.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah that's my thing, not into how expensive NECA and S7 are so I tend to pass, NECA are like 60 buck figures lately here and S7 75-80 range, it's too much

I'd actually rather have these cheaper things, it's just all about will it be cool to look at on a shelf for me.

that's cool, I tend to pass on the cheaper things like Origins, reissues and such.  To each their own right?

1 minute ago, toynewman said:

that's cool, I tend to pass on the cheaper things like Origins, reissues and such.  To each their own right?

Yup, they gotta put things out there for everyone, we all have our collecting preferences. It is nice we are in a day and age where we can have some variety and can pick and choose.

20 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yup, they gotta put things out there for everyone, we all have our collecting preferences. It is nice we are in a day and age where we can have some variety and can pick and choose.

EXACTLY

• Thanks 1

The 4 Turtles based on the original concept sketch is a neat, though I would also be down if they offered them in a 4 Pack as well.  Neat they are also offering their version of Classic Voltron, though a part of me wishes they had also did the smaller I think it was 7" Voltron, which was released with Die-cast parts.  Though I wouldn't have any issues if the 7" Voltron didn't have the diecast parts as well if they decided to reissue that 1, if it would give fans a cheaper and smaller Voltron for their collection that can still do the Lions as well.

• Thanks 1

Shown below via Overseas Internet User is an in-package look at the new Original Sketch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutations Figures from Playmates Toys. These are set to be Target exclusives here in the states.

TMNT.jpg