Jump to content

Mattel Masters of the Universe Origins Cartoon Collection Mer-man and Stratos Figures


toynewman

Recommended Posts

I'm crossing my fingers that we may finally get a decent Evil-Lyn from Mattel.  Every Evil-Lyn since MOTUC Battleground Evil-Lyn has been a total miss (Club Grayskull and the Origins ELs were subpar and let's not discuss the Revelations awfulness).

The other figure I'm holding out hope for is Sorceress, another character ruined by Revelations so who hasn't seen a decent figure in, well, ever (all the Classics versions have issues).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Jscott991 said:

I'm crossing my fingers that we may finally get a decent Evil-Lyn from Mattel.  Every Evil-Lyn since MOTUC Battleground Evil-Lyn has been a total miss (Club Grayskull and the Origins ELs were subpar and let's not discuss the Revelations awfulness).

The other figure I'm holding out hope for is Sorceress, another character ruined by Revelations so who hasn't seen a decent figure in, well, ever (all the Classics versions have 

She's been confirmed for this line. I'm betting that her and Ram Man are the next wave.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

She's been confirmed for this line. I'm betting that her and Ram Man are the next wave.

I knew she was coming. I just will believe she will be great when I see her.  :)

I was sure we'd get a Masterverse Evil-Lyn worth something by now.  I'm kind of sad I had to shift my hopes to a line I don't collect (although I did preorder Teela).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish this line didn't look so awful to me (head sculpts on Cartoon Collection are great).....I'd buy the Cartoon Collection figures in a heart beat if they weren't on that body.  I got He-man and Beastman as a gift from a friend and they're just so plain bagel.  So glad for Revelations/Revolutions/New Eternia Masterverse.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as I'm happy so many people want the Toon Filmation figures, I'm going to play my tiny violin over the fact it seems pretty evident that the regular figure MOTUO line is now phased out for this and the Turtle mash-ups,  I really hate the Mattelcreations route, but I guess that's how the non toon figures are going to be released going forward, All I wanted was to complete the original MOTU line in Origins, and we are getting there, but making me go through hoops to get them makes me sad.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like that Stratos, he looks almost perfect on that body and the head sculpt is spot on. I don't usually get excited about Stratos figures but the last Masterverse New Eternia and now this Origins Animated Stratos have been fantastic. 

Merman on the other hand looks just ok but that head sculpt just ain't doing it for me, he looks weird and not that accurate. The rest of him is pretty good but just wish an alternative head came with him. Overall pretty darn happy with what I'm seeing from this subline to the Origins lineup. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, toynewman said:

I wish this line didn't look so awful to me (head sculpts on Cartoon Collection are great).....I'd buy the Cartoon Collection figures in a heart beat if they weren't on that body.  I got He-man and Beastman as a gift from a friend and they're just so plain bagel.  So glad for Revelations/Revolutions/New Eternia Masterverse.

Interesting... I still don't have any of them butcI like their look man... I need them in hand to make a better judgment. 😀💡👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, toynewman said:

I wish this line didn't look so awful to me (head sculpts on Cartoon Collection are great).....I'd buy the Cartoon Collection figures in a heart beat if they weren't on that body.  I got He-man and Beastman as a gift from a friend and they're just so plain bagel.  So glad for Revelations/Revolutions/New Eternia Masterverse.

I never liked Origins either.  I bought a bunch on clearance to give as surprises to my daughter during COVID closures, but I don't collect them.

But, geez, the revisionist Smith Revelations takes on some characters are just . . . not my thing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE