McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Batman from Batman: Knightfall (Black & Grey) 7-inch scale figure

toynewman

59 minutes ago, RobertD said:

Is this release # 3 or 4 at this point?  Sometimes it's kind of hard to keep track.  Doesn't look bad with this color scheme, though. 

Hmmm yeas seems like we have seen this one before, but yet again I can't really keep up with all of the Batman's Todd has done, but I do think this one looks mighty good, I would get this, however it always seems these "good classic" -ish Batmen are the hardest to find, sure I can get Batman 4000 with a pony tail easy, but normal good looking Batman...eh nope.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RobertD said:

Is this release # 3 or 4 at this point?  Sometimes it's kind of hard to keep track.  Doesn't look bad with this color scheme, though. 

#3 I believe..the classic blue knightfall and the sdcc blue with backlit shaded cowl were the earlier ones. Before it's all said and done, I'm sure we'll be getting jokerized & sketch versions at some point this year too.

Liking this black version a lot more than I thought i would.

Shown below is the new McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Batman: Knightfall (Black & Grey,) Knightsend Azrael & First Appearance Batman 7-inch Scale Figure will be available for pre-order at 12 pm EST from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth with a suggested retail price of $22.99 each.

Amazon Links:
Batman: Knightfall (Black & Grey)
Knightsend Azrael
First Appearance Batman

AzBat.01.jpg

AzBat.02.jpg

AzBat.03.jpg

Azbat.04.jpg

Azbat.05.jpg

Azbat.06.jpg

Azbat.07.jpg

Azbat.08.jpg

AzBat.09.jpg

AzBat.11.jpg

AzBat.12.jpg

Knightfall.Batman.01.jpg

Knightfall.Batman.02.jpg

Knightfall.Batman.03.jpg

Knightfall.Batman.04.jpg

Knightfall.Batman.05.jpg

Knightfall.Batman.06.jpg

Knightfall.Batman.07.jpg

Knightfall.Batman.08.jpg

Knightfall.Batman.09.jpg

00.jpg

First.Appearance.02.jpg

First.Appearance.03.jpg

First.Appearance.04.jpg

First.Appearance.05.jpg

First.Appearance.06.jpg

First.Appearance.07.jpg

First.Appearance.08.jpg

First.Appearance.09.jpg

First.Appearance.10.jpg

First.Appearance.11.jpg

First.Appearnace.01.jpg

• Thanks 1

Getting SO tired of missing preorders for McFarlane stuff. Checked this morning. Not up. Busy doing my job. Get a chance to check after lunch and the Knightfall black/grey is gone. Everywhere. At least the third time something like this has happened recently. 

10 minutes ago, jwheeler0805 said:

Getting SO tired of missing preorders for McFarlane stuff. Checked this morning. Not up. Busy doing my job. Get a chance to check after lunch and the Knightfall black/grey is gone. Everywhere. At least the third time something like this has happened recently. 

I don't really understand why he is short producing some of the most demanded figures.  Catwoman.  Wonder Woman.  Knightfall Batman.  Etc. Etc.  Meanwhile junk that almost anyone could have told him wasn't going to be in demand is everywhere.

I hope he re-runs Wonder Woman and Knightfall Bats. I know that platinum Catwoman is a weird situation, so I'm not hopeful there, but surely he didn't mean for that Who is Wonder Woman figure to be so rare.

Shown below via asokathegeek are looks at the Platinum Edition versions of the DC Multiverse Knightsend Azrael & First Appearance Batman figures from McFarlane Toys. The Knightsend of course is in the correct blue colors for the Knightfall version of Azrael. The First Appearance Batman has sky blue gloves and highlights.

Knightfall-Platnium 2.jpg

Knightfall-Platnium 3.jpg

Knightfall-Platnium 4.jpg

Knightfall-Platnium 5.jpg

Knightfall-Platnium.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Superdude98 said:

But didn't they already release Azbats in those colors?

Never mind, just looked it up, very different figure

They basically did as a Walmart exclusive but in typical McFarlane fashion they screwed up the colors on it. Now we get correct colors which everyone will want and its a limited chase figure.

Knightfall-Batman-01__scaled_600.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The first appearance Batman figures look kinda too modern for my liking. They have the wonky colors, but his bat ears are pointing straight up as apposed to at an angle, and the cape should have a different shape to it than just his modern cape.

This old Mattel figure looks closer imo. Kind of feel like McFarlane wasn’t shooting for accuracy on his versions…

image.thumb.jpeg.3d7aee2e12e52c0f460145a06e6d0230.jpeg

6 hours ago, JayC said:

They basically did as a Walmart exclusive but in typical McFarlane fashion they screwed up the colors on it. Now we get correct colors which everyone will want and its a limited chase figure.

Knightfall-Batman-01__scaled_600.jpg

Yeah, Mcfarlane will Mcfarlane, I suppose. Honestly I may have pre-ordered if the blue one was the regular release, but oh well

So torn here. On the one hand, I'm actually pretty happy with the one we already got. Even if it needs a repaint. On the other hand the white knight azrael is closer to his original costume. On the third hand this is everything that was both wrong and glorious about 90s comics and I wants the precious.

Damn, that's a good looking Knightsend Azrael.  Any bitterness I have over missing out on that Walmart exclusive will get washed away if that platinum makes its way into my hands.  But of course it's going to be one of those luck of the draw things, and the odds are never in one's favor. 

I kind of like that blue on the First Appearance cape and top of the cowl.  It's weird, but it works.