DC Multiverse Target Exclusive Cassandra Cain as Batgirl Figure First Look

JayC

Shown below is a first look at the upcoming DC Multiverse Cassandra Cain as Batgirl (Batgirls) 7" scale Gold Label figure from McFarlane Toys which goes up for pre-order on JANUARY 30th exclusively at Target!

Cassandra-Cain-Preview.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not aware of this Batgirl but the figure looks great and has a cloth cape. If it's going to be an exclusive then I'm fine with Target and not Walmart. Will likely place a preorder on Tuesday. 

Not a fan of cloth capes. They fall apart quickly and are a dust magnate. Ugh.

This character is rather interesting to see being made. Her tenure as Batgirl didn't last too long since the fans didn't embrace her. These Target exclusives are distributed so poorly now. I think some regions of the country get a huge allotment of figures, while others are shut out. Look at the BTAS Alfred. Some stores are overrun with them, while others have yet to get any. 

13 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Has anyone had luck on a target preorder actually?  I'm sure the legs are too long and I prefer sculpted capes buy for what I have planned she's perfect

I've pre-ordered about a dozen things from Target and had 2 cancellations. Unfortunately, they cancelled the recent Mcfarlane classic Wonder Woman on me most recently. I would have ordered elsewhere for something I wanted so much but Target was the only place at the time that had it up for preorder. After two delay approvals it was cancelled and now I just have to cross my fingers that I can find it elsewhere for MSRP.

On 1/27/2024 at 4:57 PM, rono said:

This character is rather interesting to see being made. Her tenure as Batgirl didn't last too long since the fans didn't embrace her.

Kind of confused by this, she held the mantle for about a decade and was the first Batgirl to maintain an ongoing, which was a pretty decent seller for a while. 

On 1/27/2024 at 4:57 PM, rono said:

Not a fan of cloth capes. They fall apart quickly and are a dust magnate.

Gotta agree with you here, though.  While I don't hate cloth capes, they don't exactly aesthetically mix well when 95% of the line are plastic.  Won't stop me from picking this up, though. 

Shown below is the new McFarlane Toys Gold Label DC Multiverse Target Exclusive Cassandra Cain as Batgirl Figure is available for pre-order from our sponsors Target with a suggested retail price of $22.99.

Cassandra Cain debuted during the “No Man’s Land” saga. She stalked earthquake-shattered Gotham City like a solitary, silent ghost, enforcing Batman’s law as the fourth Batgirl. Upon officially joining the Batman family, her training was in reading, writing, and social interaction, not combat. When she learned the world’s greatest killer, Lady Shiva Woosan, was her mother, Cassandra briefly led the League of Assassins, before being legally adopted by Bruce Wayne.

Cassie.00.jpg

Cassie.02.jpg

Cassie.03.jpg

Cassie.04.jpg

Cassie.05.jpg

Cassie.06.jpg

Cassie.07.jpg

Cassie.08.jpg

Cassie.09.jpg

Cassie.10.jpg

Cassie.11.jpg

9 hours ago, Homersteam said:

Wow, that leg-to-torso ratio.

spacer.png

she really do be having all kinds of leg action, and not all kinds of torso action, Todd is a funny dude like that, sometimes...

but also I don't even have a clue where this look for Cassandra comes from, but do I think it looks really cool, yeah that, and it comes with a dust collecting back piece...I mean soft goods cape.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2024 at 11:24 AM, Homersteam said:

Wow, that leg-to-torso ratio.

What about it? The entire 500+ figure DC line features the longer legs. That's the house style. Most every line that's 7" scale features it.

46 minutes ago, hainrs said:

What about it? The entire 500+ figure DC line features the longer legs. That's the house style. Most every line that's 7" scale features it.

Yeah, and it's why I don't own more of them. I do t k ow why 7" figures can't ge well proportioned. Frigging Motuc did it over a decade ago

Crazy how much a wired cape can add. Definitely looking forward to adding this to the shelf.