The Dark Knight Rises Catwoman And Batpod McFarlane Store Exclusive Preview

JayC

Catwoman & Batpod Gold Label 2pk from The Dark Knight Rises launches for pre-order TOMORROW at 9am PT / 12pm ET exclusively at McFarlane Toys Store! No word on price yet.

Catwoman.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wouldn't be surprised if this is $75 like so many other vehicle 2packs of his as of late, but if it were a more reasonable $60 or so I might bite.  Please someone tell me that Catwoman is getting released on her own, so I'm not locked in to HAVING to get this if I want the character.  I really could care less about the Batpod, to be honest. 

• Thanks 1

I'm not necessarily all that into movie figures, but will be getting this! I'm expecting that it will be priced similarly to the Bat-Raptor that came with Hush Batman that was a Gamestop exclusive. That was $49.99. It really should be less because there's a lot less plastic there, but we know that McFarlane is working on raising their prices.

I also saw a leak that we're expecting the Tumbler with Lucius Fox soon also and I'm even more excited for that. That one probably really will be $70-$80 probably similar or slightly more than the '89 Batmobile with Michael Keaton Batman.

Ideally it would be nice if they were available for pre-order at the same time since Todd charges for pre-orders upfront and charges so much for shipping compared to competing sites. I'm also very down on McFarlane Toy Store right now because I have fully in stock orders that were placed and paid on Dec 8 and Dec 11th that still haven't been shipped (awaiting fulfillment). I've reached out to their customer service by email a couple of different times and weeks have gone by with no response. Very frustrating.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RobertD said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this is $75 like so many other vehicle 2packs of his as of late, but if it were a more reasonable $60 or so I might bite.  Please someone tell me that Catwoman is getting released on her own, so I'm not locked in to HAVING to get this if I want the character.  I really could care less about the Batpod, to be honest. 

yeah i'm pretty sure there was a listing leak that had Catwoman as a solo release (i'm sure i saw it on a post here), i'm betting it will be with the goggles down tho

• Thanks 1

Okay well I love that Catwoman, but could care less for a Vehicle, I'd buy that figure if it was a stand alone, but not tossing the dough at a vehicle I don't want, I'm sure though that this figure is going to be released on it's own, but with some slight variation.

• Thanks 1

This was a lot more expensive than I expected and ended up costing me $77.18 after applying the MTS10 coupon (saved $6.99) and shipping of $14.18. It was offered as part of a bundle with the skydive Batman that would have been a better deal, but that bundle was already sold out by the time I made my purchase fifteen minutes after it went live. It's weird to me that this cost as much as Lobo and the Space Hog which is 21" long....  I was more interested in the vehicle than the figure but can certainly use that body for a custom (or see what people are willing to pay on ebay).

• Thanks 1

For folks thinking that McFarlane will release a variant of the Dark Knight Rises Catwoman with goggles down, I recommending looking at the PR pics again.  The Catwoman that comes with the Batpod is shown with her goggles down, when she's riding the Batpod.  So these goggles have articulation, and are not fixed molded pieces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DarkTiga69 said:

For folks thinking that McFarlane will release a variant of the Dark Knight Rises Catwoman with goggles down, I recommending looking at the PR pics again.  The Catwoman that comes with the Batpod is shown with her goggles down, when she's riding the Batpod.  So these goggles have articulation, and are not fixed molded pieces.

you're right, i did make my comment before these pics were released, but it is surprising tho considering it's Todd lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reno said:

This was a lot more expensive than I expected and ended up costing me $77.18 after applying the MTS10 coupon (saved $6.99) and shipping of $14.18. It was offered as part of a bundle with the skydive Batman that would have been a better deal, but that bundle was already sold out by the time I made my purchase fifteen minutes after it went live. It's weird to me that this cost as much as Lobo and the Space Hog which is 21" long....  I was more interested in the vehicle than the figure but can certainly use that body for a custom (or see what people are willing to pay on ebay).

The price should really be around $50 for this, just comparing it to the white knight cycle and white knight bats-both separate releases-totalling about $45-50, give or take.

But I guess, $70 is their magic number for vehicle+figure set now. Even if they have varying degrees of worth. I absolutely love my lobo+spacehog set but still dont feel like its worth what I paid for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, deecee4 said:

The price should really be around $50 for this, just comparing it to the white knight cycle and white knight bats-both separate releases-totalling about $45-50, give or take.

But I guess, $70 is their magic number for vehicle+figure set now. Even if they have varying degrees of worth. I absolutely love my lobo+spacehog set but still dont feel like its worth what I paid for it.

Todd's been pushing the line on his prices pretty much across the board as of late, even outside the CoIE fiasco.  I'm willing to bet all those upcoming gold labels are going to be between $25 and $30, which as we've seen with the "collector's edition" nonsense has been pushing people like myself away from the line, or at least getting REAL choosy with what we bother with.  I feel like the rubber band's going to snap later this year and we're going to officially see a higher MSRP on everything he does, with no change to the quality.  I was hoping to see some confirmation on the Gold Label theory when I picked up Owlman at Walmart today, but he rang up at the standard price but under the name Waverider, which is super weird since that was a Target exclusive. 

• Thanks 1

I think the figure plus vehicle are looking very well done... If I'm a movie Batman fan I will buy them since I spend more on ThunderCats and Silverhawks including vehicles and this price is just cheap in comparison... I bought the Elecctrocharger for more than $130 or something but it's a great design and now I'm waiting for the Copper Kid and his Space Racer...😀💡👍

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, toynewman said:

Shown below via toy_hunters_collective is a look from a livestream Todd McFarlane took place in tonight at the new DC Multiverse Dark Knight Rises Platinum Edition Catwoman Figure from McFarlane Toys. This Platinum Edition comes with Catwoman's goggles up in the cat position.

Catwoman.01.jpg

Catwoman.02.jpg

Catwoman.03.jpg

so, can anyone tell a difference between the figure here and the one with the Batpod? i only really wanted her and i'm wondering if i should cancel my Batpod order...

15 minutes ago, RickytheRockstar said:

so, can anyone tell a difference between the figure here and the one with the Batpod? i only really wanted her and i'm wondering if i should cancel my Batpod order...

There is a regular single release version coming. This is the Platinum edition of that single release. We haven't seen the regular single release yet and its not clear how it will differ from the one with the Batpod. Because this image is so blurry I can't even really tell you how the Platinum one differs from the one with the Batpod. From best I can tell this single release has more of the cat ears look going or at least the Platinum edition version does. The Batpod version has the ability to put the goggles up or down but you dont really get the pointy cat ears look. The difference between the regular single release and the platinum single release probably has to do with different paint tones.

See the Batpod version here.

15734_01_Logos.jpg

15734_05_Logos.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

There is a regular single release version coming. This is the Platinum edition of that single release. We haven't seen the regular single release yet and its not clear how it will differ from the one with the Batpod. Because this image is so blurry I can't even really tell you how the Platinum one differs from the one with the Batpod. From best I can tell this single release has more of the cat ears look going or at least the Platinum edition version does. The Batpod version has the ability to put the goggles up or down but you dont really get the pointy cat ears look. The difference between the regular single release and the platinum single release probably has to do with different paint tones.

See the Batpod version here.

15734_01_Logos.jpg

15734_05_Logos.jpg

ohh so there will be a regular and a platinum and a batpod version. gotcha, thanks JayC!

Ha! Todd almost got me to buy an overpriced Vehicle for this Catwoman, but looks like she's coming out as a stand alone, not once but twice...Todd is very predictable at this point, he never just does it one and done, I seem to never feel the need to worry, if it comes with a Vechile, it will come without, if it comes masked, it will come unmasked...in a multi pack, it'll be on it's own.

yeah I know it doesn't stand for every figure, but 90% of the time it does, or sometimes you just have to wait a bit longer.

58 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ha! Todd almost got me to buy an overpriced Vehicle for this Catwoman, but looks like she's coming out as a stand alone, not once but twice...Todd is very predictable at this point, he never just does it one and done, I seem to never feel the need to worry, if it comes with a Vechile, it will come without, if it comes masked, it will come unmasked...in a multi pack, it'll be on it's own.

yeah I know it doesn't stand for every figure, but 90% of the time it does, or sometimes you just have to wait a bit longer.

They may be repeats but they're all different. A completioinist nightmare.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Shown below is the new McFarlane Toys The Dark Knight Rises DC Multiverse Catwoman Platinum Action Figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com with a suggested retail price of $39.99.

It has been eight years since Batman™ vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight™ sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon™ both hoped was the greater good.

For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City™ was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane™, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.

Product Features

7-inch scale (17.78cm)
Made of plastic
Designed with Ultra Articulation with up to 22 moving parts for full range of posing and play
Highly detailed
Collectable art cards with DC Comics artwork on the front, and character biographies on the back

Box Contents

Catwoman figure
3 Pairs of hands
Broken Batman mask
Case with pearls
Trading card
Base

Catwoman.00.jpg

Catwoman.01.jpg

Catwoman.02.jpg

Catwoman.03.jpg

Catwoman.04.jpg

Catwoman.05.jpg

Catwoman.06.jpg

Catwoman.07.jpg

Catwoman.08.jpg

Catwoman.09.jpg

Catwoman.10.jpg

Catwoman.11.jpg

• Thanks 1

Still a little unclear if this is the only single release or if there's going to be another "regular" release version (though no idea what that would look like).  Starting to seem more like the former.  So it's probably just Gold Label or Platinum Label to choose from.  Which, if that's the case... seems weird, right?  Like, what's even the point of calling it a Platinum (outside of the opportunity to create the illusion of rarity and charge more)?  And if there is a "normal" general release version, what the heck does that look like? 

It's just weird that we don't seem to know one way or the other. 

• Thanks 1

Holy whoa Pre-order sold out on BBTS? that like never happens, is this figure that highly desired? crazy, anyways I'm not gonna get my feathers ruffled, I did want this, but not 40 bucks want it, this figure doesn't warrant that price tag IMO, also eventually I'm sure we will see this again in some form, I'll just wait it out.

but the pre-sold out thing is pretty wild to me, I don't think I've ever seen that on BigBad. I guess I want to say there was a very limited number of figures here and that's why.

• Thanks 1