G.I. Joe Classified Joe HQ Modular Playset Custom By Laurance Hiller

JayC

This week's TNI Cool Custom is of a 6" scale G.I. Joe Classified Joe HQ Modular Playset. This was done by Laurance Hiller. Here is how they describe making it:

I've made a bunch of progress on my 3D printed Classified Scale '83 HQ. So far, I have the Brig, Comms Center, Armory Box and the Front Facade. I've drawn the helicopter pad, but I have not printed it yet. I'm going to wait to do the side garages until the vamp comes out so that I can make sure it fits properly. There is a lot of playability built into this thing. It's modular, and can be put together in lots of different ways. (Everything attaches together with Lego Pegs.) The central power core lights up. All of the guns, cameras and lights swivel. The computer screens are not stickers. They are laminated images that can be swapped out behind an acrylic plate. The furniture in the prison can be rearranged. In addition to the classic facade, I also made extra pieces that let me make the HQ look more like the cartoon version. I placed the central gun higher and added another layer of walls. The red stripe is craft vinyl. I'm also working on some other interior rooms for my base- a briefing room, med center, genera's office, training area... to fit it all in I'm making a tall, wide perimeter to extend in both directions. you can see some of that in these pictures. I'm still drawing the rest of that stuff.

GIJoe-01.jpg

GIJoe-02.jpg

GIJoe-03.jpg

GIJoe-04.jpg

GIJoe-05.jpg

GIJoe-06.jpg

GIJoe-07.jpg

GIJoe-08.jpg

GIJoe-09.jpg

GIJoe-10.jpg

GIJoe-11.jpg

GIJoe-12.jpg