McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Sinestro, Hawkman and Firestorm 7-inch Scale Figures Pre-order

Yes, all 3 of these are must haves for me even if I hate the Collectors Edition nonsense as an opportunity to charge more for a display stand that I'll never use and packaging that I'll throw away.

Ended up doing the bundle at the McFarlane store for these plus the 15% coupon code. They charge enough for shipping there that it's these bundles that are the only time it's worth buying from them. Got the actual bundle of 3 figures for $65 (normally $90), but another $14 in shipping/taxes. Quickly cancelled my earlier preorders for Hawkman/Sinestro from Target from earlier today when I thought they were exclusives.

Figures are pretty well sculpted but the fact that so much plastic is used on useless stands for cards when it could have been used for more accesories or even better figure stands they could re use, several companies had connecting sidewalks and road stands like DC Direct Dark Knight returns series.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Ordered the Firestorm but still not 100% on it. Want to see a review of the actual thing. Always loved the character. 

Would love a classic Hawkman. This one isn't a version I'm familiar with, and even after looking up the Zero Hour Hawkman, this leaves me a little cold. There are multiple inconsistences between his comic appearance and McFarlane's version here: armband missing, leg band missing, diaper/belt wrong color, cowl/headpiece appear to be wrong color, stripes down side of leg appear to be missing, right glove/gauntlet appear to be too dark, red in chest logo should be brighter.

If I were a toy manufacturer, I'd take pride in giving people figures that are as accurate as I can get them to the source material (within reason). Wish I could talk to McFarlane find out why they seem obligated to depart from the source material in minor and major ways. Maybe they saved cost on this by eliminating that silverish blue color from the paintjob, but there are other things they've done that wouldn't seem to be for cost-saving reasons, such as adding all the chest/torso armor to the Tim Drake Robin sculpt. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2023 at 11:46 AM, jwheeler0805 said:

Ordered the Firestorm but still not 100% on it. Want to see a review of the actual thing. Always loved the character. 

Would love a classic Hawkman. This one isn't a version I'm familiar with, and even after looking up the Zero Hour Hawkman, this leaves me a little cold. There are multiple inconsistences between his comic appearance and McFarlane's version here: armband missing, leg band missing, diaper/belt wrong color, cowl/headpiece appear to be wrong color, stripes down side of leg appear to be missing, right glove/gauntlet appear to be too dark, red in chest logo should be brighter.

If I were a toy manufacturer, I'd take pride in giving people figures that are as accurate as I can get them to the source material (within reason). Wish I could talk to McFarlane find out why they seem obligated to depart from the source material in minor and major ways. Maybe they saved cost on this by eliminating that silverish blue color from the paintjob, but there are other things they've done that wouldn't seem to be for cost-saving reasons, such as adding all the chest/torso armor to the Tim Drake Robin sculpt. 

Well said.

Attention to detail. Can't grasp why DC Universe Classics got it right 9 times out of 10, and today's "giants", who have cornered the market and are multimillion dollar companies seem to phone it in. 

18 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Well said.

Attention to detail. Can't grasp why DC Universe Classics got it right 9 times out of 10, and today's "giants", who have cornered the market and are multimillion dollar companies seem to phone it in. 

Probably because the license holder prevents them from being made. He can't make it unless he has permission too. They just recently got permission to start doing more classic designs which is why they have started being more classic in recent weeks. He has the rights to the entire DC character base now going all the way back to the 1930s. It's a Multiverse line, also which means it will prioritize non-classic designs most of the time and probably per DC/WB's request.

I already received my Multiverse Hawkman and it was the normal version, but if I ever come across this Platinum version then I'll definitely buy it! This is one that I'll likely enter the "drawing" on McFarlane Toys Store to try to obtain the right to buy. I think that I'm 1-for-3 in attempts on other figures there so far through that 3rd party vendor (whose name I can't remember). The only one that I "won" and was allowed to pay for was the Dread Lantern. I missed on the SDCC Knightfall Batman variant and something else that I don't recall right now.

Are the colors actually that bright on that platinum edition hawkman? Or is it just the camera making it look like that? I'm kinda interested but definitely need to see more. Though,no way would I pay more than $30 for it.

3 hours ago, GeeHangover said:

It's a shame the version most people want is the version most people won't be able to get at retail. 

No kidding. This is the equivalent of them, let's say, putting out their first Superman fig in a black suit and making the classic blue/red suit a hard-to-find chase. What the ever-loving heck are they thinking?  Of course, with McFarlane and their repaints there might be some hope that we'll see a slightly altered version in the regular line before long. And hopefully with less obnoxiously bright colors. 

Oh, I saw photos of this DC McFarlane Collector Edition Wave 2 Hawkman Crisis on Infinite Earths Platinum Edition variant figure and thought it was a joke. 

Can anyone blame me? It kinda looks like a Microsoft Paint recolor. 

Talk about "repaints go wrong." Yeesh.

On 10/4/2023 at 8:50 AM, hainrs said:

Probably because the license holder prevents them from being made. He can't make it unless he has permission too. They just recently got permission to start doing more classic designs which is why they have started being more classic in recent weeks. He has the rights to the entire DC character base now going all the way back to the 1930s. It's a Multiverse line, also which means it will prioritize non-classic designs most of the time and probably per DC/WB's request.

That doesn't make any sense. @jwheeler0805 wasn't saying they can't be made, he's pointing out the errors of the figures that have been made. Clearly there's no one preventing them from being made, permission is not an issue.

• Like 1

Shown below via JohnnysFigures is an in-hand look at the new DC Multiverse Platinum Editon Sinestro 7-inch Scale Figures from McFarlane Toys. Pre-order from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth with a suggested retail price of $29.99.. You can also purchase this at Amazon.. Please remember that ALL McFarlane Platinum Edition figures are not guaranteed with a pre-order, they are randomly inserted into orders.

Plat.Sinestro.01.jpg

Plat.Sinestro.03.jpg