San Diego Comic Con 2023

toynewman

Pixel Dan had his Mattel Masters of the Universe Walkthrough and something of note that all future Masters of the Universe Origins releases will be exclusively sold on MattelCreations.com. They are committed to finish the vintage line and MattelCreations is the way there going moving forward.

Pixel.MOTU..jpg

The selection of Condiment King as the BAF is beyond disappointing. I had hoped they would have offered the Talon & Hush figures from earlier reveals for the DC Direct BTAS/TNBA line at NYCC in 2019. But hey, a new BTAS figure is a miracle these days. Keeping my fingers crossed that we might see a few new villains like Maxie Zeus, Clock King, Lock Up, Hugo Strange, and TNBA Penguin. Maybe a JLU Deadshot, KGBeast, or Gentleman Ghost. 

I'll pick up the Batman & Robin BAF set for sure. So glad they are using the traditional Poison Ivy costume from Uma's initial appearance as the villain and Arnold's Mr. Freeze BAF looks good too. I hope we might see a Batman Forever set with Kilmer's Batman, O'Donnell's Robin, Tommy Lee's Two-Face, & Jim Carrey's Riddler in either his green suit and derby or tights. Todd could certainly do a Batman/Batman Returns set with Keaton's Batman, Jack's Joker, DeVito's Penguin, and Pfeiffer's Catwoman. 

On the other hand, the Batman '66 line's reveals were more than disappointing. After the great King Tut & Two-Face set with Pink-cowled Batman, I was really expecting to see Mad Hatter and Bookworm to get released, along with possibly Shame, False Face, & Siren. Alas, no luck. The Lord Death Man is total head scratcher to me. This was a comic book based villain, but at least Two-Face was a video too. The redos of Batman, Robin, & Joker will be for collectors and TV show fans. The Bat Robot is interesting, but again, has no connection to the TV show. I do hope Todd will give us Mad Hatter & Bookworm before he wraps the line up. Maybe someone at Target is reading this and will give him a little push in the right direction. Fingers crossed. 

Checking out the Twitter images for the SDCC 2023 G.I. Joe Classified Mutt and Junkyard Figure Surprise Booth Reveal, and at how big are they making Junkyard.  The pooch is the size of Mutt.  Then I see that Cobra decapitated Junkyard... How could they!?  OK, it's a separate head but still, the image doesn't look good with Junkyards head just sitting there.