Hasbro G.I.Joe Classified CRIMSON VIPER and GRUNT Figures!

toynewman

Shown below is the new Hasbro G.I.Joe Classified CRIMSON VIPER and GRUNT Figures from Hasbro have been revealed for Yo Joe June!

Introducing our first YoJoeJune G.I. Joe Classified Series render reveals: GRUNT (including a bonus Steel Corps helmet that makes him double as a troop builder!) and the newest troop builder recruit, the CRIMSON VIPER! Available for pre-order later this year, so stay tuned!

C.Viper.jpg

Grunt.jpg

• Thanks 1

I def want Grunt, I really hope this isn't more Exclusive stuff, because that's getting tiresome, no interest in Crimson Viper, too many color variants of Cobra troops for me at this point, don't need them all.

• Thanks 1

I would have liked to see Grunt updated more, since his modern elements are limited to the vest and helmet. Different lower arms and a different collar would have been great for him, and maybe even some camo, as well as something a few decades newer than that M16. The M17 pistol from the Retro Gung Ho would be nice, too, since that's now the standard sidearm for the US Army (seems a bit weird to give that to the Marine, but an M18, being a compact pistol, would have probably looked quite small in LaFitte's big hands). Clever move putting in the Steel Brigade helmet for troop building, but he's likely going to be a one and done figure for me.  The Crimson Viper, on the other hand, is a figure I've been waiting for since the early days of GI Joe Classified, and I have no idea how many I want. Since these are just renders, I assume I don't have to figure that out very soon.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if Hasbro might be a little shy at this point for going too far afield. I got the sense there was some backlash about Gung-Ho not being classic enough, hence the more classic deco re-do. I don't know, maybe that was always the plan. I really liked the first release of Gung-Ho. Amazing figure. I felt no need to get the classic throwback colors. Since then the character seem to stick pretty close to the primary RAH look. Tomas and Xamot are almost 2-ups, for example. They're great as it but I would have been interested in seeing what they would do with their modern updates.

Serpentor is amazing, too. That default chest pose is perfect. It's like early Brando is playing him. It's perfect.

• Thanks 1

I really like how old school Grunt is. I wish Rock n Roll was just plain green instead of green and tan. Save the tan for his v2 (on both).

Crimson Viper is okay, but I'd much rather see Night Viper, Hydro Viper, Eel, etc.

• 2 months later...
On 8/16/2023 at 1:35 PM, NightWolf said:

Wow, as im looking at Grunt, he looks amazing but started to think about a WW2 line from classified, i would totally buy it if they make it.

I love WW2 stuff.

They fr need to do a 6” Classified version of the old 12” joes. Not just military, but also the Adventure Team too! Imagine how sick a 6” classified Mummy’s Tomb set would be!