New Mortal Kombat 1 Video Game Announced From Warner Bros.

JayC

Mortal Kombat 1 is the latest title in the acclaimed Mortal Kombat videogame franchise developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios. The game will introduce a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe that has been created by the Fire God Liu Kang, featuring reimagined versions of iconic characters as they’ve never been seen before, along with a new fighting system, game modes, bone krushing finishing moves, and more.

All versions of Mortal Kombat 1 are built on NetherRealm Studios technology with oversight by NetherRealm. The NetherRealm team is developing the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game.

QLOC is developing the Steam and Epic Games Store versions of the game. Shiver Entertainment and Saber Interactive are developing the Nintendo Switch version of the game.

Warner Bros. Games is publishing Mortal Kombat 1.

Mortal Kombat 1 is scheduled for worldwide release on Sept. 19, 2023.

Players who purchase the Mortal Kombat 1 Premium Edition or Mortal Kombat 1 Kollector’s Edition will have early access to the game beginning Sept. 14, 2023.

Mortal Kombat 1 will be available on PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.

The Mortal Kombat 1 Standard Edition will be available physically and digitally for $69.99 (SRP) on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC, including Steam and Epic Games Store.

The Mortal Kombat 1 Premium Edition will be available physically and digitally for $109.99 (SRP) on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store) and will include all Standard Edition content, along with the Kombat Pack, early access to the game beginning Sept. 14, and 1,250 Dragon Krystals (in-game currency). The Kombat Pack will feature a Johnny Cage character skin with the likeness of famed actor and martial artist, Jean-Claude Van Damme (available at launch), early access to six new playable characters (available post-launch), and five new Kameo Fighters (available post-launch).

The Mortal Kombat 1 Kollector’s Edition will be available physically at select retailers for $249.99 (SRP) on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S only and will include all Premium Edition content, and early access, along with a 16.5-inch Liu Kang sculpture designed by COARSE and an inspired Liu Kang in-game character skin, three exclusive art prints, a steel case, and 1,450 additional Dragon Krystals (2,700 total).

Players who pre-order the game on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will receive access to the Mortal Kombat 1 Beta, which will be available in August 2023.

Mortal Kombat 1 will feature reimagined fighters like they’ve never been seen before, including Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Shang Tsung, Johnny Cage, and many others.

Kameo Fighters are a unique roster of partner characters to assist during matches, creating expanded gameplay possibilities for players. These characters are chosen separately from the main roster of fighters.

NetherRealm’s genre-defining Story Mode returns with a brand-new cinematic narrative featuring unexpected twists on classic rivalries and original backstories for the wide-ranging cast of legendary fighters. More details for online and offline modes will be

An internet connection is not required to play Mortal Kombat 1, although players will need to be connected to the internet to experience certain modes and features.

A PlayStation Plus subscription, Xbox Live Gold, or Nintendo Switch Online membership will not be required to play Mortal Kombat 1 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, or Nintendo Switch consoles. However, a PlayStation Plus subscription, Xbox Live Gold membership, or Nintendo Switch Online membership will be required for online multiplayer.

Mortal Kombat 1 will have rollback netcode to support online gameplay.

Mortal-Kombat-00.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-01.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-02.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-03.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-04.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-05.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-06.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-07.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-08.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-09.jpg

• Thanks 1

My take away from this is, I hope McFarlane does some more Mortal Kombat figures now because of this, so many characters we still need, this game should be the reason why we have yet to see anymore figures from the MK11 series, because they will be producing figures going forward from this game.

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

My take away from this is, I hope McFarlane does some more Mortal Kombat figures now because of this, so many characters we still need, this game should be the reason why we have yet to see anymore figures from the MK11 series, because they will be producing figures going forward from this game.

where did you hear that? link please. they just announced the game this morning, didnt hear anything about mcfarlane having the license for this though

The game doesn't come out until September of this year.  The earliest I would bet that we see any figures would maybe be September of next year.  We finally got figures from MK XI last year and that was based on MK X and MK XI which was released in 2015.

On 5/18/2023 at 3:40 PM, Monstrous said:

where did you hear that? link please. they just announced the game this morning, didnt hear anything about mcfarlane having the license for this though

It's just me speculating, I have no idea if McFarlane will have the license for the game, it's wishful thinking, and since he had the license for the previous game, it would make sense to pick this one up, but like I said nothing is confirmed it's just something I hope for, and it seems reasonable since McFarlane has pretty much stopped producing figs for MK11, so naturally you'd think it was because they were moving on to this new game.

• 3 weeks later...

Warner Bros. Games today revealed the first gameplay trailer for Mortal Kombat 1, the latest installment in the acclaimed videogame franchise by award-winning NetherRealm Studios. The video showcases the dynamic in-game action through a variety of characters and bone-krushing kombat, while also spotlighting the new Kameo Fighter system which brings a unique roster of characters into the mix to assist during matches – all set against the backdrop of an original track entitled “Fatal (Mortal Kombat 1)” by Grammy-nominated artist ZHU.

The trailer also provides a fresh look at several legendary fighters, along with narrative hints about their backgrounds that offer a glimpse into what the Mortal Kombat 1 story holds. Liu Kang has restarted history by crafting a New Era for the sake of peace, while Mileena, twin sister of Kitana and rightful heir to Outworld’s throne, has been infected by a dreaded and lethal disease. Lin Kuei warriors and brothers Scorpion and Sub-Zero fight for the future of the clan, while Earthrealm champions Raiden and Kung Lao fight for family and honor. Johnny Cage, who is more concerned with staying relevant in the eyes of his fans, fights for his own vanity. The main roster is also joined by Kenshi Takahashi, who is on a quest to retrieve the revered sword, Sento, and restore his family’s name.

Additionally, the video features various Kameo Fighters, such as Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya Blade, Kano, Goro, Kung Lao, Stryker, and Jackson “Jax” Briggs. Each Kameo Fighter is based on a klassic version of the character pulled from over 30 years of Mortal Kombat history and are shown performing offensive and support-based moves, including devastating Fatal Blows, brutal Fatalities, and defensive Breakers.

Mortal Kombat 1 is scheduled to launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store) on 19 Sept. 2023. All Mortal Kombat 1 pre-orders will receive Shang Tsung as an in-game playable character, and those who pre-order the game for PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S will also receive access to the Mortal Kombat 1 Pre-Order Beta, which will be available in August 2023.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Warner Bros. Games has released some new screenshots and promos for their upcoming Mortal Kombat 1.  The new promos feature the new Kombat Kast Intro, Official Lin Kuei trailer, and gameplay breakdown of Scorpion, Johnny Cage, and Scorpion and Johnny Cage.

Mortal-Kombat-17.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-18.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-19.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

NetherRealm Studios and WB Games dropped a new Mortal Kombat 1 trailer at San Diego Comic-Con featuring three new character reveals: Baraka, Li Mei, and Tanya.  The trailer also features Goro and Darrius reveals, but only as Kamoes.  We won't spoil any more of the trailer, so we'll let you check it out for yourself.

A new trailer was snuck in featuring the Official Kombat Pack Roster...

Mortal Kombat 1 is set to premiere on September 19th and pre-orders are currently available for the Nintendo Switch, PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S.  NetherRealm Studios and WB Games have announced as an added bonus, if you pre-order for the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S systems, you can play the beta version of the game from August 18th until August 21st.  The beta will let you get a look and feel for the game but is limited to only Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, Kenshi, Johnny Cage, Kitana, and Li Mei. These characters will be joined by the following Kameos: Kano, Jax, Frost, and Sonya. Meanwhile, there will only be two stages: The Teahouse and Johnny Cage's Mansion.  With the game set to cost $69.99, you might want to beta-play to ensure you're getting your money's worth.

NetherRealm Studios and WB Games released a new 'Official Keepers of Time' trailer that features new fatalities and the return of Geras from Mortal Kombat 11.

I was waiting for Reptile to return as a playable character and love what they're doing with him, but I didn't even think about Ashrah and Havik (and Sareena?), and I love what they're doing with them, too.  It almost feels like MK11 was phoned in so they could put more effort into this game.

1 hour ago, Satam said:

I was waiting for Reptile to return as a playable character and love what they're doing with him, but I didn't even think about Ashrah and Havik (and Sareena?), and I love what they're doing with them, too.  It almost feels like MK11 was phoned in so they could put more effort into this game.

Fr fr. I love how they did Reptile switching between human and reptile form!

• 2 weeks later...

NetherRealm Studios and WB Games dropped a new trailer for Mortal Kombat 1 which reveals that Shao Kahn and Sindel have been added to the roster of fighters.  The trailer was shown during Gamescom Opening Night Live which featured the two newest fighters and also confirmed that Motaro and Shujinko will be available as Kameo fighters, who are used to support their main fighter.

• Like 1

Come on Todd get on releasing some figures for this game (if he's going to) I need to keep filling out my MK roster, the MK11 figures were tight, but I need them to keep going, give us some new characters, so many we are missing.

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Come on Todd get on releasing some figures for this game (if he's going to) I need to keep filling out my MK roster, the MK11 figures were tight, but I need them to keep going, give us some new characters, so many we are missing.

I’m personally hoping Storm Collectibles takes a crack at em but I’ll settle for McFarlanes if I must 😛

On 8/23/2023 at 11:48 PM, McYote said:

I’m personally hoping Storm Collectibles takes a crack at em but I’ll settle for McFarlanes if I must 😛

Yeah of course Storm would make way nicer figures, but for me they are out of my desired price range, which is why I'd rather McTodd make them, which his figures did look really good, minus a few duds, and the prices were super fine for me.

31 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah of course Storm would make way nicer figures, but for me they are out of my desired price range, which is why I'd rather McTodd make them, which his figures did look really good, minus a few duds, and the prices were super fine for me.

Yeah they’d be easier on the wallet for sure, but expect every recolor imaginable 😆