Hasbro Starting To Tease Their 2023 G.I. Joe Haslab Campaign?!?

JayC

We already told you how earlier today Hasbro released images for the artwork that will be featured on the packaging for last years 2022 Haslab G.I. Joe Classified H.I.S.S Tank vehicle that will start shipping out to folks later this year. Well it also looks like Hasbro may have also started to tease their 2023 G.I. Joe Classified Haslab campaign as well today.

They posted this strange message on their social media that is made to look like a message being sent by a G.I. Joe agent named Longfellow. In the message he seems to relay a message to the Joes letting them know about the coming of the H.I.S.S. Tank and that they need to step up their own operation which the name of is redacted with 12 X's.

This is likely suggesting that this year's Haslab for G.I. Joe will be a Classified Joe vehicle of some kind. Whether the 12 X's are random or if they signify how many characters are in the name of the vehicle remains unknown. Some have noted that the Joe Helicopter Dragonfly XH-1 has 12 characters in the name which had been rumored as a possible vehicle coming to Haslab, though those rumors had seemingly been shot down later on.

Hasbro has already said they will be doing an Avengers themed Marvel Legends Haslab and a Star Wars Vintage Collection Haslab sometime in 2023. Earlier this year they also did a Transformers Generations HasLab Deathsaurus figure which did get funded. Last year both the Marvel Legends and Star Wars Haslabs failed to get funded but the G.I. Joe Haslab H.I.S.S. Tank was very successful with all stretch goals unlocked and then some.

When more details on this become available we will be sure to let you know.

GIjoe-Haslab-2023-01.jpg

GIjoe-Haslab-2023-02.jpg

GIjoe-Haslab-2023-03.jpg

• Thanks 1

The Joe vehicle I would most want would be the VAMP with Clutch. The teaser definitely sounds like something bigger, probably tank related. Since it's most likely going to come with a driver, and we just got Covergirl as a separate figure, I doubt it will be Wolverine. MOBAT seems like it would have the most sentimental/nostalgia factor so that would be my guess. I'd be down for the Dragonfly though.

On another note, what would the price point for the Terrordrome have be for it to be produced and released?

• Thanks 1

My top two guesses are the Mauler MBT (In Classified scale the length would be about the same as the 32" height of the Haslab Marvel Legends Galactus) or the Snow Cat (they seem to be leaning into Arctic as a theme).
Also that pic of the HISS really makes me hope they changed the canopy frame from red to black.

• Thanks 1

I assume we're ruling out the mid-size vehicles like the Ferret since that is theoretically still viable at retail. It'd need to be something decently iconic to pull the HISS numbers and I don't know a regular tank like the MOBAT or Mauler would do the trick there, especially at a higher price like the Ghost Rider charger. AWE Striker wouldn't be big enough I expect... Snowcat would fit with the "Cat's out of the bag" line and go with that arctic theme...

Hasbro today dropped a second teaser for what we think is supposed to be teasing this year's G.I. Joe Haslab campaign. It's once again a message from Agent Longfellow who is supposed to be communicating back to GIJoe that they need something to combat Cobra's new G.I. Joe Classified H.I.S.S. Tank which was last year's Haslab. This suggests that this year's Haslab will be some kind of Joe based vehicle for the Classified line which is the same thing the first message seemed to suggest from last week. Nothing here from what I can tell however gives any more clues as to what the actual vehicle will be.

There some other interesting things said in the message like mentioning Frozen Fudgee's which is something Quick Kick did a commercial for in the GIJoe cartoon. We do know a Classified Quick Kick is supposed to be coming sometime this year.

In the message Longfellow relays a conversion he overhead between Cobra Commander and Destro where things are mentioned like Mole Rats and Dark Energon. I have no idea what a Mole Rat is but it is something Hasbro has said would be getting a G.I. Joe Classified figure this year. Energon conjures up images of Transformers, but no idea how that would play into any of this. Destro does mention the Haslab H.I.S.S. Tank won't be shipping until Fall so that is obviously still when we can expect to see that released.

When more details become available about all this we will be sure to update you.

GIJoe-Haslab-Teaser-2-01.jpg

GIJoe-Haslab-Teaser-2-02.jpg

GIJoe-Haslab-Teaser-2-03.jpg

• Thanks 2

Actually I really love viral campaigns, and this is an interesting one. Some are speculating that this will be an arctic vehicle, possibly a Snow Cat. The agent could be even Chuckles too, but Quick Kick is again a very good idea.

Purple crystals are featured on the Big Ben and Range Viper artwork, so this could be a potentially good story arc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Location is probably COBRA ISLAND

I would be happy if it was a Polar Battle Bear or a Snow Cat to stay with the arctic theme. Not sure how much Polar Battle Bears would be against HISS tanks. But the Snow Cat (with Frostbite) would be awesome and some artic themed repaints including (sadly) Snake Eyes.

So if that isn't the case, maybe its Dragonfly or Vamp or maybe they go smaller and do a Sky Hawk. I'd like to see it be the VAMP with the HAL added as a stretch goal and some figures

• Thanks 1

"Significant counter-strike capabilities" for some reason makes me think of the HAVOC. And the talk of "new recruits" could be an allusion to the animated film. We've already got Falcon & Tunnel Rat on the way, maybe have Cross Country as the main figure (obviously) but the unlockables could be Chuckles, Jinx with blindfold (so the masked version can still be released in the main line) & Big Lob. All we'd need then is Law & Order to round out the crew.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jedicrippler said:

"Significant counter-strike capabilities" for some reason makes me think of the HAVOC. And the talk of "new recruits" could be an allusion to the animated film. We've already got Falcon & Tunnel Rat on the way, maybe have Cross Country as the main figure (obviously) but the unlockables could be Chuckles, Jinx with blindfold (so the masked version can still be released in the main line) & Big Lob. All we'd need then is Law & Order to round out the crew.

If that's true, I will be backing this project just like I did with the Hiss tank 😃👍

The 24 could just be that the thing will be out in 2024, but I would be down for a Dragonfly. That was one of my favorite figures back in the day and Wild Bill is pretty cool.

• Thanks 1

Hasbro today once again released on of their communique's teasing this years G.I. Joe Haslab campaign. This one shows Storm Shadow breaking into Hasbro to steal a file with the #24 on it. This is the second week in a row Hasbro has highlighted the #24 in these teases.

From previous clues we have been able to hypothesize that this year's G.I. Joe Haslab will be for a Classified Joe vehicle to take on last years Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank. The campaign looks to be launching sometime in early June which is just under a week away. With the number 24 being highlighted, that might suggest that the vehicle will be based on the G.I. Joe XH-1 Dragonfly helicopter. The original toy had a 24 decal on one of the engine plates which you can see below. One of the early clues Hasbro dropped also suggested the name of the vehicle would have 12 characters in it which is the same number the name XH-1 Dragonfly has.

Only time will tell and hopefully that time will be short, but right now the clues do seem to be pointing to a new 6" scale G.I. Joe XH-1 Dragonfly helicopter coming which would likely include a new Wild Bild figure and who knows what else. When more details do become available we will be sure to let you know.

Haslab-01.jpg

Haslab-02.jpg

Haslab-03.jpg

Haslab-04.jpg

Haslab-05.jpg

Haslab-06.jpg

Haslab-07.jpg

Haslab-08.jpg

Haslab-09.jpg

• Thanks 1

Also the dragonfly was re-painted and re-released as the tiger fly so if they're going with the cats out of the bag line for new tiger force recruits this could fit...just guessing but regardless I'm pretty excited to finally find out what it's going to be

• Thanks 1