McFarlane Toys 2023 Winter Showcase Starts On February 28

JayC

Todd McFarlane today announced they will be offering 500 Game Stop Exclusive Spawn Monolith figures that will have artwork included autographed by him with silver ink. These will be launching exclusively for GameStop Pro members on APRIL 28th at 11am CST at GameStop.com.

There will also be 10 figures inserted that feature the artwork with Todd's autograph in gold ink which will be numbered 1-10.

Signed-Monolith.jpg

I don’t know if I trust the ‘pre-order’ with McFarlane. I pre-ordered the Batman Hush blue & gray variant only to have it cancelled because the retailer said McFarlane said they weren’t going to supply anymore. I also got burnt by the Year 2 Batman issue with Target when it showed up and broke immediately. Not a big fan of McFarlane these days. Did anyone have a similar experience?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shown below are the official images for the upcoming DC Multiverse Knightfall Batman, Two-Face Batman and Batwing figures from McFarlane Toys. Target leasked out the images early but have not yet made them available for pre-order. THESE ARE NOT Target exclusives so they should be available at other etailers like our sponsors Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore.com, though no word yet on when they will be made available. Likely soon. When more details become available we will be sure to let you know.

Multiverse-00.jpg

Multiverse-01.jpg

Multiverse-02.jpg

Multiverse-03.jpg

Multiverse-04.jpg

Multiverse-05.jpg

Multiverse-06.jpg

Multiverse-07.jpg

Multiverse-08.jpg

Multiverse-09.jpg

Multiverse-10.jpg

Multiverse-11.jpg

Multiverse-12.jpg

Multiverse-13.jpg

Multiverse-14.jpg

Multiverse-15.jpg

Multiverse-16.jpg

Multiverse-17.jpg

Multiverse-18.jpg

Multiverse-19.jpg

Multiverse-20.jpg

Multiverse-21.jpg

Multiverse-22.jpg

Multiverse-23.jpg

Multiverse-24.jpg

Multiverse-25.jpg

Multiverse-26.jpg

Multiverse-27.jpg

Multiverse-28.jpg

Multiverse-29.jpg

Now this is true Late 1980s Batman, I would say it's more of Justice League International look rather than Knightfall Aparo who always drew 1970s Batman model in 80s and 90s, not even gonna make comparison with Kelly Jones art they included, which clearly is nothing like a figure. Would be cool to get true Aparo and Jones versions in figure form tho. 

Of these 3 figures, Batwing is my favorite even if it's not my favorite color scheme for the costume. I'm definitely expecting we'll get a Gold Label repaint. Knightfall Batman is also a near must purchase, although I'm somewhat torn between him and the blue Hush Batman. I have zero interest in Harvey as Batman.

9 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Now this is true Late 1980s Batman, I would say it's more of Justice League International look rather than Knightfall Aparo who always drew 1970s Batman model in 80s and 90s, not even gonna make comparison with Kelly Jones art they included, which clearly is nothing like a figure. Would be cool to get true Aparo and Jones versions in figure form tho. 

I had pretty much decided to drop McFarlane DC, but this Batman looks great. I agree it looks like a late 80s Batman. I'd love to see figures representing different artists' takes like Breyfogle, Aparo, Moldoff, Sprang, Kane, etc.

18 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Wow, yeah, that does look like a Kevin Maguire Batman from that late 80s Justice League. I bet he'd look great displayed with the Booster Gold & Blue Beetle figs Mcf out out last year.

On 5/21/2023 at 10:07 AM, JayC said:

Shown below are the official images for the upcoming DC Multiverse Knightfall Batman, Two-Face Batman and Batwing figures from McFarlane Toys. Target leasked out the images early but have not yet made them available for pre-order. THESE ARE NOT Target exclusives so they should be available at other etailers like our sponsors Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore.com, though no word yet on when they will be made available. Likely soon. When more details become available we will be sure to let you know.

Multiverse-00.jpg

Multiverse-01.jpg

Multiverse-02.jpg

Multiverse-03.jpg

Multiverse-04.jpg

Multiverse-05.jpg

Multiverse-06.jpg

Multiverse-07.jpg

Multiverse-08.jpg

Multiverse-09.jpg

Multiverse-10.jpg

Multiverse-11.jpg

Multiverse-12.jpg

Multiverse-13.jpg

Multiverse-14.jpg

Multiverse-15.jpg

Multiverse-16.jpg

Multiverse-17.jpg

Multiverse-18.jpg

Multiverse-19.jpg

Multiverse-20.jpg

Multiverse-21.jpg

Multiverse-22.jpg

Multiverse-23.jpg

Multiverse-24.jpg

Multiverse-25.jpg

Multiverse-26.jpg

Multiverse-27.jpg

Multiverse-28.jpg

Multiverse-29.jpg

Pre-orders go live next week on May 31.

That Batman has me sold, easily.  Batwing looks cool, but I suspect he'll be easy to find on store shelves when the time comes.  I actually like the overall color scheme of that Two-Face Batman, but have no familiarity with the story, so maybe if he winds up going for half off like a lot of less-recognizable McFarlane's do I'll scoop him up. 

That Knightfall Batman is really nice, I would love to get that since I couldn't end up getting the Hush Batman which was really nice, that thing came and went quick, but likely because it's a nice classic Bats, this one is actually kinda nicer, I hope I can grab it.

I pre-ordered Knghtall Batman and Batwing both enthusiastically as both figures look great. Pass on Harvey as Bats.

I love BBTS and they've been my primary vendor for pre-orders for more than two decades, but I'm never going to give them $5 more per figure for a something that is going $19.99 everywhere else, I'm sorry. In fact I just received an order of multiple items from them today that was fantastic - but I just can't figure out why they're so much higher specifically on McFarlane stuff than everyone else. I don't know if it's a conscious choice to charge more than their competition, or if they're paying more. I went with Amazon on these. I've tried to give EE a shot recently but I just haven't been as happy with them. I've gotten some recent pre-orders from them (including the Batmobile!) and those have generally been fine - but in general have preferred BBTS or Amazon due to speed and communication. I'll likely only use Target/Walmart for exclusives only. I'll continue to use all of the above when it makes sense. I love to support the smaller guys when possible.

Shown below is the new DC Direct Amazon Exclusive The Riddler Puzzle Box (Detective Mode Variant) from McFarlane Toys and is available for pre-order from Amazon.com with a suggested retail price of $99.99.

Includes a 1:1 scale batarang
• Features 4 challenging Batman themed puzzles

• Clever nods to other Bat-Family characters like Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl!
• Special callout to Batman's first appearance
• Includes a variety of paper clues
• Puzzle box features distressed deco and faux metal finishes
• Includes black light activated clues to help the user solve the puzzles

0.jpg

Riddler.1.jpg

Riddler.2.jpg

Riddler.3.jpg

Riddler.4.jpg

Riddler.5.jpg

Riddler.6.jpg

Riddler.7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

So McFarlane puts the S emblem on the capes for hush superman versions but doesn't put one on superman from Doomsday set!?! It's on the comic art on the box!  WTF , why is McFarlane so stingy with the cape emblem on supes. Really disappointing. Get a clue Todd!