MF Gallery - Musculoids Wave 1 and 2 - 6" Figures

toynewman

A new figure line has arrived that will rock your figure collection to the ground: the Musculoids! Featuring the universe's toughest and meanest characters, these 6" figures will be a perfect addition to your collection. Pre-order Sundar, Troopers, Mutant Cyclone, Skulltron, Merlin, Torg, Murderax, Vomitos and Lord Massive from Wave 1 AND Panthrax, Red Orc, Razor, Guyzan, Duke Bozak, Cyclone, Necrowizard, Frostbite, Diablo, Unmasked Lord Massive and Necropatheos today!
Product Features

6 inches (15.24cm)

Made of plastic
Original design
Highly detailed

Pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com!

0.jpg

Musculoids.1.jpg

Musculoids.2.jpg

Musculoids.3.jpg

Musculoids.4.jpg

Musculoids.5.jpg

Musculoids.6.jpg

Musculoids.7.jpg

Musculoids.8.jpg

Musculoids.9.jpg

Musculoids.10.jpg

Musculoids.11.jpg

Musculoids.12.jpg

Musculoids.13.jpg

Musculoids.14.jpg

Musculoids.15.jpg

Musculoids.16.jpg

Musculoids.17.jpg

Musculoids.18.jpg

Musculoids.19.jpg

Musculoids.20.jpg

My first thought with these were that they were cheap knockoffs of MOTU Origins figures... and then I saw that they're selling for $54.99 each!!!! Sweet mother of guacamole!!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Reno said:

My first thought with these were that they were cheap knockoffs of MOTU Origins figures... and then I saw that they're selling for $54.99 each!!!! Sweet mother of guacamole!!

Maybe that's supposed to be $5.49.

SMH

"MF" looks like some hipster art collective in Brooklyn. So maybe I could see these being one-offs and being sold on etsy or at a Con or at whatever the equivalent of KidRobot is these days. Kinda feels like they're trolling by actually trying to sell these as a mass-market commodity, so maybe they're doing this "ironically."

Long, shortened: Ain't nobody buying these at these prices, but I'm really curious about the story behind how someone convinced BBTS to carry them. The listing itself is enough to land the joke, I guess. 

"Hey, kid, wtf were they trying to sell us with He-Man back in the day anyway? Whatever, here are some absurdly muscled, crappily produced, metal album cover denizens you can brag to your friends you bought for sixty bucks. Because... the grift is the art, don't you get it?"

I honestly can't wrap my head around this.  Who is the target audience for these, retro Motu enthusiasts who dislike all that pesky additional articulation and the relatively low price-point of the Origins line?  I just... half the heads don't align properly with the neck of this singular stock body, they really seem like they would have been cheaply made knock-offs back in the 80s, so I have a hard time fathoming why they would be set at the same price-point as the average Super7 figure. 

I mean, good luck to anyone trying to get into the action figure racket, but I think this company probably needs to go back to the drawing board.  Trying to sell 2 dozen variations of a singular mold with what looks like 5 points of articulation at these prices is just goofy. 

7 hours ago, TheCellarDoor said:

All these craft beer companies selling small batch figs and thinking they can charge magic spoon prices. I bet these people stopped buying toys when they had their first taste of the clam box…. I bought the full set X2 

Post of the year award goes to...