Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (Sonar Suit) and Robin Review and Images

ToyFarce

Forever.jpgIt's Wednesday and you know what that means... ToyFarce review!

This week, we're having a look at the Batman Forever one sixth scale figures from Hot Toys. These are figures that we weren't sure would ever actually come out, but Hot Toys actually put them up for pre-order back in February 2021, so there was hope! And now, they are here! Yay... not?

Both packaging are really nice and quite colorful, just like the movie was. It has a sleeve with a picture of the figure on the front and all the legalities in the back. Under the sleeve, you can see the figure through a window (although both figures are covered with protective plastic so you can't see them very well...).

First off, Batman, as portrayed by Val Kilmer in 1995, in his Sonar Suit which he wears at the end of the movie, after the Riddler (played by Jim Carrey) destroyed the Batcave. Batman (Sonar Suit) comes with a ton of accessories. He has 7 extra hands, 2 versions of his batarang (open and closed), a grapnel launcher with a wire that can be attached to it, the batarang blade weapon that can attach to his hand, the underwater thruster from the movie, and a stand. His eyes can individually move (they are on a plate inside the cowl), and an extra set of 'sonar' eyes is also included, as well as the tool to change/move the eyes. As it happened before with Hot Toys Batman figures, the figure is an articulated body covered by a quite thick rubber suit, which completely hinders articulations. You can bend the arms and legs a little, but when you do, the suit bunches up and it does not look great. Leaving that figure in any other position than the infamous "Museum pose" will not look great and probably damage the suit after some time... Yay... Unfortunately, the peg hole under the head arrived broken on mine, so I cannot change the eyes. I am currently waiting for a replacement part. As gorgeous as it looks, this figure has been a bit of a let down.

Robin also looks great, but is unfortunately not better. The suit is the same way as the Batman figure, thick rubber, so he can't move much. Those are more like statues with a little bit of articulation, basically. Robin also comes with only 4 extra hands and no other accessories. No PERS (moving eyes) feature. To add insult to injury, he costs the same as the Batman figure. I also believe that the red is the wrong shade of red. It seemed a lot darker in the movie... And what's up with that bulge?!

Once again, they look beautiful, and I'll admit that I've been catching myself staring at them in the Detolf, and thinking 'Man, those look awesome', but you can't really pose them or do anything with them. Those are expensive figures that only a completist who has all the other Hot Toys Batman figures would get... so I did.

More news at 11:00... Babyyyy! I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey...

Forever (1).jpg

Forever (2).jpg

Forever (4).jpg

Forever (5).jpg

Forever (6).jpg

Forever (7).jpg

Forever (8).jpg

Forever (9).jpg

Forever (10).jpg

Forever (11).jpg

Forever (12).jpg

Forever (13).jpg

Forever (14).jpg

Forever (15).jpg

Forever (16).jpg

Forever (17).jpg

Forever (18).jpg

Forever (19).jpg

Forever (20).jpg

Forever (21).jpg

Forever (22).jpg

Forever (23).jpg

Forever (24).jpg

Forever (25).jpg

Forever (26).jpg

Forever (27).jpg

Forever (28).jpg

Forever (29).jpg

Forever (30).jpg

• Like 1

Really clear, awesome, and...thorough...photos, glad I could recreate some well-known shots from Batman Forever!   Seriously though I have always loved Batman Forever, and if I was to go ahead and purchase Hot Toys, it would definitely be these two.  

• Like 1