DC Multiverse 1/18 Pre-Orders - Arkham Riddler, The Darkseid War Kalibak Mega Figure, Dark Nights: Metal Fulcum Abominus Mega Figure and Arkham Knight Earth-2 Batman

JayC

Target already has pre-orders up for Riddler $22.99, Arkham Earth 2 Batman $22.99, Kalibak $39.99 and Fulcum Abominus $39.99. I'm waiting to see what the other retailers have as prices. Target is not my preferred vendor for pre-orders because they seem to get everything in late and constantly are running placeholder charges every week. BBTS has historically been my favorite for pre-orders but they've been about $5 higher per figure for McFarlane stuff recently. My other DC Multiverse pre-orders are with Entertainment Earth and those are my first ever pre-orders with them. McFarlane Store is a very real possibility for me on these if they do a bundle deal, since I want them all this time - although all the bundle pricing does is offset their shipping.

• JayC changed the title to DC Multiverse 1/18 Pre-Orders - Arkham Riddler, The Darkseid War Kalibak Mega Figure, Dark Nights: Metal Fulcum Abominus Mega Figure and Arkham Knight Earth-2 Batman
1 hour ago, Reno said:

Target already has pre-orders up for Riddler $22.99, Arkham Earth 2 Batman $22.99, Kalibak $39.99 and Fulcum Abominus $39.99. I'm waiting to see what the other retailers have as prices. Target is not my preferred vendor for pre-orders because they seem to get everything in late and constantly are running placeholder charges every week. BBTS has historically been my favorite for pre-orders but they've been about $5 higher per figure for McFarlane stuff recently. My other DC Multiverse pre-orders are with Entertainment Earth and those are my first ever pre-orders with them. McFarlane Store is a very real possibility for me on these if they do a bundle deal, since I want them all this time - although all the bundle pricing does is offset their shipping.

You realize the McFarlane bunndle is no savings because McFarlane charges so much for shipping. If you got all the figures with the cheapest shipping option at McFarlane you would pay 131.81. At Entertainment Earth they are offering free shipping and you would pay 125.96. If you got them at BBTS you would pay 137.96 which includes their $4 flat rate shipping.

Not only are McFarlane and Target not your cheapest options but with Target they put big stickers on the packaging of each toy and often find the stuff banged up.

Setting cost aside collectors need to realize that buying from big box retailer or even the toy companies themselves your undercutting the small guys and likely will eventually put them out of business.

Its ridiculously IMO that the toy manufactures like McFarlane Store or HasbroPulse are actively trying to compete with the small toy retailers out there and I would not support them even if you saved a couple of dollars. Just something to think about.

That Earth-2 Batman is actually really nice looking, once in a blue moon out of the many Batman's Todd puts out there are some real good ones, I might pick that one up, I don't know the story that goes along with Megazord Batman but it looks really silly, but also kinda cool, that would look alright in a display with Manga Spawn. Kalibak is a real winner here though, they did a great job on that guy, but I likely wouldn't get it.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

You realize the McFarlane bunndle is no savings because McFarlane charges so much for shipping. If you got all the figures with the cheapest shipping option at McFarlane you would pay 131.81. At Entertainment Earth they are offering free shipping and you would pay 125.96. If you got them at BBTS you would pay 137.96 which includes their $4 flat rate shipping.

Not only are McFarlane and Target not your cheapest options but with Target they put big stickers on the packaging of each toy and often find the stuff banged up.

Setting cost aside collectors need to realize that buying from big box retailer or even the toy companies themselves your undercutting the small guys and likely will eventually put them out of business.

Its ridiculously IMO that the toy manufactures like McFarlane Store or HasbroPulse are actively trying to compete with the small toy retailers out there and I would not support them even if you saved a couple of dollars. Just something to think about.

Thanks, Jay. I appreciate your insight and you make really good points. Prior to reading this post I ended up pre-ordering the bundle of all four figures from the McFarlane store with shipping for $111.44 total after the 10% coupon ($107.06 bundle price - $10.71 coupon + $15.09 shipping). I certainly wouldn't want the smaller places to go out of business (I'm still in mourning over Dorkside).

I've used BBTS for the majority of my pre-orders for over a decade but their pricing on DC Multiverse figures specifically has become completely noncompetitive recently for the standard size figures ($24.99 vs $19.99 for recent figures). I do still have over 20 Marvel Legends pre-orders currently pending with them however (including the new Franklin & VaIeria 2-pack) because I like them and they're usually only a $1 or $2 above everyone else on those. I really enjoy their Pile of Loot and $4 flat rate shipping.

I currently have 7 of the DC Multiverse figures announced a couple of weeks ago pre-ordered through Entertainment Earth, but that will be my first ever pre-order experience with them and I'm considering it just a trial run and don't want to go any deeper with them just yet. If all goes smoothly, they'll likely earn more of my business especially if they continue to more price competitive than BBTS, especially on the DC Multiverse stuff.

I only buy directly from Pulse, Amazon, Target or Walmart for exclusives or sales even though I always have free shipping from Amazon and Target. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've ordered from McFarlane directly and it's almost always been a bundle and usually to also take advantage of free figures being offered for spending over a certain $ amount. I think that I did pre-order just the exclusive Kid Flash Wallace West figure by itself though.

I do believe in supporting the little guy. My first choice would be to give all of my business to my local comic book shop owner who is a great friend of mine, but the honest truth is that he just can't compete on figures. He usually gets them months after release (if he gets them at all) and pays nearly full retail for them himself so he he has to charge above retail to have any margin on them.

Thanks again for providing food for thought. I'll be sure to consider this when making future purchasing decisions.

Kalibak and Earth 2 Batman are definites, I'm still deciding on that Riddler. He looks awesome but still not sold....yet. I believe this is the first wave where the price has increased but not bad if compared to what Hasbro is doing.

1 hour ago, elongatedman said:

Why the  price of the mega fig are still the same but the regular figures are more. 

SSSShhhhhh.... the price increase on those is coming too, I promise. Let's not rush it.

Also FYI only, Gamestop.com has Kalibak for $24.99. I'm not saying they'll honor that price, but that's what they have their preorders for him at right now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 8:48 AM, Reno said:

SSSShhhhhh.... the price increase on those is coming too, I promise. Let's not rush it.

And they'll still be a better value that a Marvel Legend.

I ordered this guy from the McFarlane store which I normally would not do because of the high shipping, but I added him to my order when I was buying the Robin store exclusive.  

Now I just need to get my Gundam pen and meticulously color in the question marks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...