Would You Buy A G.I. Joe Classified Haslab Dragonfly Assault Copter?

JayC

So there is a rumor making the rounds on the Internet this week that Hasbro's next G.I. Joe Haslab project for 2023 will be a 6" Scale Classified Dragonfly Assault Copter.

The vehicle is said to be 3ft long and 10.5" tall. It is also said that it will include 6" figures of Wild Bill, Airborne and a flight stand if all tiers were unlocked.

The rumor looks to have started over on the TFW message boards and is said to have been started by a disgruntled graphic artist who was doing work for a contractor that was hired by Hasbro to work on this project.

We want to be absolutely CLEAR that we have no way of confirming any of this and all of it should be considered very much a RUMOR.

So we aren't here to tell you a Dragonfly is coming since we don't know, but instead ask you if this is something you would want to see Hasbro released and if so how much would you be willing to pay for it? Some are suggesting it could cost in the neighborhood of $400-$500. So let us know your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION below.

GIJoe-Classified-Haslab-Dragonfly.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems like the guy who posted that did so with the intent of sabatoging the entire project, oof. 

It its entirely an issue of getting credit...he may be morally right but probably not a good move to make that reveal, if its true.

Honestly not sure if I would, simply due to space issues. But I think it sounds like a great project!

That said, at this point I absolutely do not believe it. That someone could be disgruntled with Hasbro and leave a job? Sure. 
That they would sabotage their own career by posting details of a major upcoming project? And thereby potentially damaging that project and inviting a lawsuit? That would be a very stupid contractor. 

• Thanks 1

Honestly, I would probably skip it. I love classified and buy almost every figure, but I simply do not have the space. I bought the skystriker but I skipped the hisstank because I simply dont have the room. It would be super dope tho and I’m all for it being made, but I myself probably won’t buy it

57 minutes ago, deecee4 said:

Seems like the guy who posted that did so with the intent of sabatoging the entire project, oof. 

It its entirely an issue of getting credit...he may be morally right but probably not a good move to make that reveal, if its true.

Yeah that is kinda weird. I have no doubt tho that people will still buy it if it’s cool (which it will almost certainly be)

• Thanks 1

Not for the price.  For $300 maybe.  My plan would be to keep the figures and sell the helicopter on eBay so I'm hoping I could recover most of the expense minus reasonable costs for the figures.  If I could get it for $300, sell the copter for $200 and keep Wild Bill and Airborne I'd be happy.

• Thanks 1

I would be in for a Dragonfly copter. I almost don't see how you release Wild Bill without it. I wouldn't mind it being $300. Wild Bill ,Airborne, throw in some nice electronics and I think that's a pretty decent price. At 300 I would get at least 2. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fozzi said:

At $500 I might just buy one but would have to come with some great unlock able tiers. At $300 I would buy 3 most likely. At $399 probably 2 maybe 3.

Yeah it is a bit high, the size and the extras will definitely define whether it’s “worth it” or not. But first we need to see if the rumor is even true 😆 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Blacksky said:

Yes I would TOTALLY ⛏ pick it up...BUT ONLY if Wild Bill is part of the BASE offering...Just as the H.I.S.S driver was a part of the Base offering. And $400 USD is my absolute 😡 limit!

Considering that the small joes got Ace right off the bat, it’s very likely Wild Bill would be too

• Thanks 1

I was never into the air assault vehicles as a kid.  The Hiss was my favourite vehicle in RAH, so I didn't hesitate to back it, even though I thought the price was a bit overblown.  I had a Wild Bill figure that I traded with a friend for, so I would like him.  That said, $250 would be my absolute limit for the Dragonfly.  Though, it would have to come with at least 3 extra figures, besides Wild Bill, and some cool features.  

I wouldn't pay $400-500.00 !!! That's crazy compared to other vehicles, I have seen a 12" helicopter in the price range of $150 (missile nests, gunners position, M134 door gun, Rotors actually turn, ... I don't care what tiers there are to unlock. 

• Haha 1