ToyFarce News: Whatever Happened to Action Figure Carrying Cases?

ToyFarce

CarryingCase.jpgIf you were a kid in the 80's or 90's, you probably remember the plethora of different "Collector's cases" that were available for us. From major, successful brands (Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,...) to less major, successful brands (I had one for the Beetlejuice figures, or the Alec Baldwin The Shadow movie figures), a lot of toy brands had a collectors case devoted to their figures. But what happened to them, and why are there not more for today's toys? That is what a researcher from Michigan, Carry Ingcase (didn't see that one coming, did you?), is trying to find out.

The OG Collector Cases.

"There are 2 different theories about the extinction of the Collector cases" said the researcher. "The first one is that kids used to go out to play with their friends more often, and brought their toys with them everywhere, but once video games started to become more and more popular, kids who used to go out with their toys stayed home, or invited their friends to play video games, so they didn't need a case to carry their action figures with them."

Those Collector Cases usually had 2 inserts with 6 spaces to put your figures and their accessories.

"The second theory is the Collectors cases were used for storage, but with the advent of cheap, affordable furniture, especially shelves of glass cabinets from IKEA (#Detolf), collectors would then prefer to display their figures nicely in their room, rather than hide them in carrying cases." Fascinating.

Which Collectors cases did you have as a kid? Let us know in the comments!

More news at 11:00... How about a Marvel Legends or G.I.Joe Classified Series Collector Case?

*ToyFarce News is parody news for laughs and not meant to be taken seriously!

CarryingCase (1).jpg

CarryingCase (2).jpg

In all seriousness I actually wouldn’t be apposed to a case designed for Legends, as I have some that I own that really aren’t display-worthy, but I’d still like to have the capacity to show off in some fashion. Especially older Legends that have gotten an updated remake or duplicate characters I don’t have the space to display.

• Like 1

How about HasLab doing a Carrying Cases crowdfunding project for Galactus?

That doesn't hurt to give fans they need (insert sarcasm).

Never had any of these back in the day, but it's a cool item no matter what line you collect.

• Haha 1