Warner Bros. Is Moving 'The Flash' Up A Week In June 2023

Outsiders

Warner Bros. is moving The Flash movie up a week to June 16th, Father's Day weekend.

The studio decided on the movie after all the testing results have been through the roof, with one non-studio observer telling sources "the DC title is “Spider-Man: No Way Home good” with its multiverse plotlines and Batman cameos by Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck."

There has been some talk if the movie would make theaters or head directly to HBO Max after all the legal trouble Ezra Miller has been getting into, but Warner Bros Discovery CEO David Zaslav has said that the DC title will remain theatrical.  Miller reportedly has met with new Warner Bros. film chiefs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy and issued a public apology for behavior.

Source: Deadline

It does seem like things pointing to a good movie, which is great. I’m excited to see both of my favorite Batmen in one movie. I hope Ezra gets the help they need.

• Like 1

I'm really wanting to see Keaton return, so I'm really glad this movie is not only being released, but even earlier!  Will we get the Keaton Batmobile and Batwing toys by McF early also, I must wonder!

• Like 1

I still think it's crazy that Ezra Miller is getting a pass for all of the horrid things he has done, just because this movie is so good apparently, he isn't forgiven in my eyes, not to get into things to deep, but I don't think the company should be moving forward with him as some of his issues are still on going as far as I know, it's pretty disgusting that just because as company thinks they can make money off something they will let the evil go unnoticed. Shame

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2022 at 12:51 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I still think it's crazy that Ezra Miller is getting a pass for all of the horrid things he has done, just because this movie is so good apparently, he isn't forgiven in my eyes, not to get into things to deep, but I don't think the company should be moving forward with him as some of his issues are still on going as far as I know, it's pretty disgusting that just because as company thinks they can make money off something they will let the evil go unnoticed. Shame

"just because as company thinks they can make money off something they will let the evil go unnoticed" unfortunately that's how the world works in every aspect

i think they just want to release this movie, i don't think they will be working will Ezra in the future

On 12/7/2022 at 12:51 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I agree that it’s a bad situation, but it’s also more than just “they think they can make money”.  It’s more a matter of they’ve already SPENT a ton of money and if you include all the merchandising it would screw both WB and all of their retail partners. 

Going buy this one image (which admittedly isn't a lot) I'd have to say I'll pass on this Batmaobile.  It looks very similar to the old Dark Knight Collection version which I already have and, once again, will only allow one figure in the cockpit.  If they'd have made this a two seater It would have had my consideration.

On 1/24/2023 at 7:02 AM, yojoebro82 said:

Going buy this one image (which admittedly isn't a lot) I'd have to say I'll pass on this Batmaobile.  It looks very similar to the old Dark Knight Collection version which I already have and, once again, will only allow one figure in the cockpit.  If they'd have made this a two seater It would have had my consideration.

Wow, really a missed opportunity.  Considering that 2022 The Batman movie Batmobile is a 2 seater.  I mean, I guess it would be weird if The Flash is riding beside Batman(Unless you come up with an excuse to say that he temporary loss his powers or something), but still, having it as a 2 seater would make it accurate to how this Batmobile in the Keaton movies was like.  And you could always cross sell with the regular Spin Masters Batman lines by having say Robin or Knighwing riding it as well. 

I suppose a 2 seater would also allow customizers to remove the 2 seats and make it a 1 seater for their 5" Keaton Batman figures if they don't want try and hunt down 1990's The Dark Knight Collection Batmobile if anything. 

Either way, me or my brother may still get the Batmobile, only cause it's a Keaton Batmobile.

The Batwing looks nice as well.  May consider that as well.  We'll see.

As for the Miller situation, yeah, it sucks, but giving how much WB has poured into this movie, hyping it up for years, all the merch they've worked out and gotten produced, plus all the delays, it's sad to say, but I can see why they went with putting it out.  Maybe they could of Green Screened and CGI someone else as Flash into the movie(I heard that most of the movie is done on Green Screen, as some actors weren't even in the same shots, though how much is really true or not), but of course, I don't know if WB wants to pour in any more money if they really wanted to.  

Honestly, them adapting Flashpoint is still too soon, especially if 1 of the plans thoughout the years was indeed to help end the Synderverse(Which wasn't the original case) and reboot the DC Movie Universe(I think 1 rumor was that Flashpoint was to lead to the now cancelled Batgirl movie and all that was related to it, and Superman would be erased and replace by Supergirl).  Either way, if they are indeed using this movie to "Flashpoint" the DC Movie Universe, I wonder if they will use it to help start off James Gunn's DC Movie Universe?

• 2 weeks later...

On June 16, worlds collide. Watch the official trailer now for The Flash – only in theaters.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents “The Flash,” directed by Andy Muschietti (the “IT” films, “Mama”). Ezra Miller reprises their role as Barry Allen in the DC Super Hero’s first-ever standalone feature film.

Worlds collide in “The Flash” when Barry uses his superpowers to travel back in time in order to change the events of the past. But when his attempt to save his family inadvertently alters the future, Barry becomes trapped in a reality in which General Zod has returned, threatening annihilation, and there are no Super Heroes to turn to. That is, unless Barry can coax a very different Batman out of retirement and rescue an imprisoned Kryptonian… albeit not the one he’s looking for. Ultimately, to save the world that he is in and return to the future that he knows, Barry’s only hope is to race for his life. But will making the ultimate sacrifice be enough to reset the universe?

“The Flash” ensemble also includes rising star Sasha Calle, Michael Shannon (“Bullet Train,” “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”), Ron Livingston (“Loudermilk,” “The Conjuring”), Maribel Verdú (“Elite,” “Y tu mamá también”), Kiersey Clemons (“Zack Snyder’s Justice League,” “Sweetheart”), Antje Traue (“King of Ravens,” “Man of Steel”) and Michael Keaton (“Spider-Man: Homecoming,” “Batman”).

“The Flash” is produced by Barbara Muschietti (the “IT” films, “Mama”) and Michael Disco (“Rampage,” “San Andreas”). The screenplay is by Christina Hodson (“Birds of Prey,” “Bumblebee”), with a screen story by John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein (“Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves,” “Spider-Man: Homecoming”) and Joby Harold (“Transformers: Rise of the Beasts,” “Army of the Dead”), based on characters from DC. The executive producers
are Toby Emmerich, Walter Hamada, Galen Vaisman and Marianne Jenkins.

Joining director Muschietti behind the camera are director of photography Henry Braham (“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3,” “The Suicide Squad”), production designer Paul Denham Austerberry (“IT Chapter Two,” “The Shape of Water”), editors Jason Ballantine (the “IT” films, “The Great Gatsby”) and Paul Machliss (“The Gentlemen,” “Baby Driver”), and costume designer Alexandra Byrne (“Doctor Strange,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”); the score is by Benjamin Wallfisch
(“The Invisible Man,” the “IT” films).

Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Double Dream/a Disco Factory production of an Andy Muschietti film, “The Flash.” It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures and is set to open in theaters in North America on June 16, 2023 and internationally beginning 14 June 2023.

Following last night's Super Bowl trailer for the new Flash movie, Warner brothers have released three new character posters featuring Michael Keaton Batman, Ezra Miller Flash and Sasha Calle Supergirl.

Flash-Character-Poster-00.jpg

Flash-Character-Poster-01.jpg

Flash-Character-Poster-03.jpg