The 'Blue Beetle' Teaser Movie Poster

Outsiders

The Blue Beetle teaser poster was released today during the DC Studios and Warner Bros. Discovery’s CCXP presentation Saturday in São Paulo, Brazil.

The Blue Beetle is based on alien scarab beetle that gives young Jamie Reyes (Xolo Maridueña) his otherworldly powers.  Susan Sarandon stars as the villainous Victoria Kord, with Belissa Escodobo, Bruna Marquezine, George Lopez, Raoul Max Trujillo, and Harvey Guillen.

The feature is being directed by Angel Manuel Soto from a script by Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer

Blue Beetle is currently scheduled for August 18th, 2023.

blue_beetle_xlg.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 6:58 AM, icecreamman said:

Looking forward to this. I remember how DC tried to make the character famous. Killed off the original, replaced with a new kid. Hope this movie would turn out good. I like Blue Beetle. Both old and new.

I liked how they handled this one and normally I'm not into these "copycat" heroes. The idea that they're actually all linked, and the reason why the others didn't have the full Reyes power set, was pretty cool. I haven't read the comic in some time however and I think there was yet another reboot/retcon so I have no idea what the current "backstory" is. I liked that his armor was sentient, prone to use lethal force, and he struggled to reign it in.

• 3 months later...

Check out the first-ever official trailer for "Blue Beetle," DC's new Latino superhero movie that features "Cobra Kai" star Xolo Mariduena in the title role.

From Warner Bros. Pictures comes the feature film BLUE BEETLE, marking the DC Super Hero's first time on the big screen. The film, directed by Angel Manuel Soto, stars Xolo Mariduena in the title role as well as his alter ego, Jaime Reyes. Recent college grad Jaime Reyes returns home full of aspirations for his future, only to find that home is not quite as he left it. As he searches to find his purpose in the world, fate intervenes when Jaime unexpectedly finds himself in possession of an ancient relic of alien biotechnology: the Scarab. When the Scarab suddenly chooses Jaime to be its symbiotic host, he is bestowed with an incredible suit of armor capable of extraordinary and unpredictable powers, forever changing his destiny as he becomes the Super Hero BLUE BEETLE.

Blue Beetle stars Xolo Mariduena, George Lopez, Bruna Marquezine, Adriana Barraza, Susan Sarandon, Elpidia Carrillo, Damian Alcazar, Raoul Trujillo, Belissa Escobedo, Harvey Guillen

Release: August 18th, 2023 (Theaters)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Rebbeca Marie Gomez announced today via Instagram that she is joining the cast of Blue Beetle, and will voice Khaji-Da, the entity that controls the powerful Scarab that bonds with Maridueña’s Jaime Reyes.

The singer, Becky G has worked in both movies and TV before with her playing Trini, the Yellow Ranger, in 2017’s live-action Power Rangers reboot movie and for being in the popular drama series Empire

Warner Bros. Pictures released two new motion posters for Blue Beetle.  The first poster features Jaime Reyes wearing his complete gear and weapons, and the second poster shows Reyes surrounded by supporting characters.

BB_Motion_01.jpg

BB_Motion_02.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...