ToyFarce News: Move Over, Action Figure Swappers! The Exclusive Swapper is here!

ToyFarce

Swapper.jpgTarget Exclusive, Walmart Exclusive, Amazon Exclusive,... Those words are usually annoying for collectors, because it means the items will be more difficult to get. But what if one day, while browsing through the toy aisle in your local Target, you could find a Walmart Exclusive figure right there, ready to be picked? That is what an unsung hero, who wants to be known as "The Exclusive Slayer" is trying to do. ToyFarce investigated...

It all started a while ago, when Erik, a collector from New Jersey, found a Target Exclusive WWE Ultimate Edition Batista... at Walmart. Since then, ToyFarce received several reports of collectors finding Exclusives in other stores than the one they were supposed to be at. Complete cases even. We proceeded to investigate (because we are professional journalists): A Target Exclusive WWE Ultimate found at a Walmart... An Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends figure found at Target... A Walmart Exclusive Holiday Star Wars: The Black Series figures found at Gamestop... This was not a coincidence. After several months of research, studying camera footage, we found out it was the work of one person.

"Hunting for exclusives is not fun for collectors, so I decided to step up and help." said the Exclusive Slayer. "At first, I would just grab one figure here and there, and return them to another store. If the figures couldn't be scanned, I'd just swap the barcode to one that would work. Now, it's a bigger operation, all over the country. We add the figures in their system so that they can be returned. Sometimes, I like to go on the roof of one of the stores where I just did my job, so that I can see the smile on the face of the collector that found it, on their way out."

More news at 11:00... He's a silent shopper, a watchful swapper. An Exclusive Slayer.

*ToyFarce News is parody news for laughs and not meant to be taken seriously!

• ToyFarce changed the title to ToyFarce News: Move Over, Action Figure Swappers! The Exclusive Swapper is here!
On 12/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, RobertD said:

I mean... you joke but I still wonder how my local Walmart had those Target exclusive Thena figures  :D

Oh, that's exactly what sparked the idea haha! A friend really did find the Target Exclusive Batista at Walmart 😅 No idea how!

On 12/2/2022 at 1:02 PM, RobertD said:

I mean... you joke but I still wonder how my local Walmart had those Target exclusive Thena figures  :D

Yeah my local Walmart recently had a ton of the Amazon Exclusive Black Series Greedo, this is getting too real.