Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

JayC

See Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, only in theaters, June 30 2023.

Harrison Ford returns as the legendary hero archaeologist in the highly anticipated fifth installment of the iconic “Indiana Jones” franchise, which is directed by James Mangold (“Ford v Ferrari,” “Logan”). Starring along with Ford are Phoebe Waller-Bridge (“Fleabag”), Antonio Banderas (“Pain and Glory”), John Rhys-Davies (“Raiders of the Lost Ark”), Shaunette Renee Wilson (“Black Panther”), Thomas Kretschmann (“Das Boot”), Toby Jones (“Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”), Boyd Holbrook (“Logan”), Oliver Richters (“Black Widow”), Ethann Isidore (“Mortel”) and Mads Mikkelsen (“Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore”). Directed by James Mangold, the film is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel, with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas serving as executive producers. John Williams, who has scored each Indy adventure since the original "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in 1981, is once again composing the score.

00-Indiana-Jones-And-The-Dial-Of-Destiny.jpg

50 minutes ago, Satam said:

*sigh*

That is so clearly not him riding that horse in the parade or whatever that is. I'm guessing this will be better than Crystal Skull, but I still don't have a good feeling about this.

Check out the article from Empire and the director states that they used a De-Aging system on Ford to make him look younger and make it look as if this movie is taking place after the Crystal Skull.

27 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Check out the article from Empire and the director states that they used a De-Aging system on Ford to make him look younger and make it look as if this movie is taking place after the Crystal Skull.

That's not what I'm talking about. It looks like they put Ford's 80 year-old face onto someone less likely to break every bone in his body riding a horse, and I think it's a little too obvious.

Im betting this is the last time we'll see harrison ford as indy, hopefully he goes out with a bang but so far the trailer isnt that inspiring 

I have been skeptical of this movie since it's inception, but I am pleasantly surprised by the trailer, it actually looks great, I am very excited to see this, I'm glad my worries were quelled. I have high hopes for this.

but please let Harrison's Indy rest after this, Ford doesn't need to be leaping around into his mid eighties send him off nicely here.

• 2 weeks later...

Shia LaBeouf will not be appearing in the new Indiana Jones: Dial of Destiny movie who in the last movie was introduced as Indy's son named Mutt. However according to the new movie's director James Mangold in a recent interview with EW, we will find out what happened to him.

Mutt.jpg

Good thing they are address the whereabouts of Mutt, I was a bit concerned why they removed his character, but I suspected they might, but it's nice to know they didn't just axe him, contrary to popular opinion I actually liked him in this movie and felt he was a fun contrast to indy.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Good thing they are address the whereabouts of Mutt, I was a bit concerned why they removed his character, but I suspected they might, but it's nice to know they didn't just axe him, contrary to popular opinion I actually liked him in this movie and felt he was a fun contrast to indy.

I’m glad they’re addressing him too, but I am in no way surprised that he didn’t come back considering all the Shenanigans Shia got up to in the mean time 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First shown today at Star Wars Celebration Europe is the new trailer for Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny which opens in theaters on June 30th.

23 hours ago, CatDadNoLongerSad said:

The movie takes place in 1969. The 60s and 70s (and much earlier, honestly) were bursting with contempt for/critiques of Capitalism, so it's not out of place at all.

Ah, I am corrected.  I for some reason thought this was in the 50s and that seemed just off for that era.  1969 though, makes more sense.  Objection withdrawn. 

Seriously though did anyone else see what looked like Mutt?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...