McFarlane Toys - New Batman 66 Figures up for Preorder

toynewman

McFarlane has really hit it out of the park with this line. I believe the plans revealed so far for next year include the already shown King Tut, Two-Face ('66 comic book), Radioactive cowl (pink) Batman, Gas Mask Batman, Gas Mask Robin, & Batgirl ('66 comic book). There's another diorama of the Wayne Manor Library also in the works, plus a Batboat. I'm hoping we get Mad Hatter, Bookworm, & FalseFace action figures. Fingers crossed. I suspect we'll see an Alfred too, plus a couple of other Batman & Robin variants. We could get B&W Catwoman and Penguin, plus other villains they've already done with new heads like Eli Wallach Mr. Freeze & John Astin Riddler. Shame, Archer, Minstrel, Clock King, Siren, & Black Widow might be possibilities. 

• Thanks 1

I can see Victor Buono, but the eyebrows are waaay too heavy and that beard is terrible. Not sure what the hell is going on with all that blush, either. I'll still probably get it, though. Best King Tut figure anyone's made so far, unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

King Tut, Two-face, Radioactive Batman, Batboat and Wayne Manor Library Playset are all up for pre-order via Target.com!

-Wayne Manor Library
Stately WAYNE MANOR is the luxurious home of millionaire playboy BRUCE WAYNE and his faithful ward DICK GRAYSON. When trouble strikes, BRUCE and DICK become the heroic BATMAN and ROBIN, a secret known only to their dutiful butler, ALFRED PENNYWORTH. GOTHAM CITY police commissioner JIM GORDON contacts BATMAN directly using the red “BAT-PHONE,” hidden in BRUCE’S private library. When the “BAT-PHONE” flashes and beeps, ALFRED answers COMMISSIONER GORDON’S call for assistance and alerts BRUCE and DICK. Activating a button hidden in the bust of William Shakespeare, BRUCE reveals the secret entrance to the BATCAVE, concealed behind the bookcase. The DYNAMIC DUO slide down the ”Bat-poles” to the BATCAVE, ready to bring justice to GOTHAM CITY! Wayne Manor library includes sliding wall to secret Batcave pole entrance. Accessories also include phone, statue, lamp, desk, dresser, chair and globe

Despite the video McFarlane put up yesterday teasing this set, it does not appear the phone lights up or beeps. Their are no batteries required with this set.

Retail $34.99. Release April 16, 2023.

-Batboat
BATMAN and ROBIN operate from the large caverns below stately WAYNE MANOR. They are constantly developing new technologies, vehicles and weapons to aid in their never-ending crusade against crime in GOTHAM CITY. Whether by land, air or sea the CAPED CRUSADERS are always prepared to deliver justice. After pulling off a $10 million counterfeit heist, THE ARCHER™ and his gang of “merry malefactors” head for their getaway boat, planning to take their loot safely to Switzerland. The DYNAMIC DUO set off in the BATBOAT to prevent the villains’ escape.
Specifications

Retail $34.99. Release April 16, 2023.

-King Tut

William Omaha McElroy, highly respected professor of Egyptology at Yale University, was struck in the head by a rock during a violent student protest. When he awoke, McElroy believed himself to be the legendary King Tutankhamun reincarnated, and Gotham City the ancient city of Thebes. From that moment, King Tut sought his rightful throne and city at any cost. Therefore, the Caped Crusaders, and any whom oppose him, are treacherous rebels.

Retail $19.99. Release April 16, 2023.

-Two-Face

Harvey Dent has led a deeply conflicted life. Possessing a split personality that veers between two extremes—good and evil—Dent goes by the name of Two-Face. It is an apt description of his physical appearance. Scarred by acid into outwardly becoming the monster he once hid away from the world, Two-Face has become a tragic figure and one of Batman’s most unpredictable and dangerous opponents.

-Radioactive Batman

Kapow! The debonair millionaire Bruce Wayne may seem like your average cool cat, but you would be wrong! With the flip of a Shakespeare head bust and… to the Batcave! Gotham City is filled with a rogue’s gallery of criminals eager to unmask the Batman, but they are thwarted by the Caped Crusader’s own clever ways.

Bat.Boat.00.jpg

Bat.Boat.1.jpg

Bat.Boat.2.jpg

Bat.Boat.3.jpg

Bat.Boat.4.jpg

Bat.Boat.5.jpg

Bat.Boat.6.jpg

Bat.Boat.7.jpg

Bat.Boat.8.jpg

Bat.Boat.9.jpg

King.Tut.1.jpg

King.Tut.5.jpg

King.Tut.6.jpg

King.Tut.8.jpg

King.Tut.9.jpg

King.Tut.10.jpg

King.Tut.12.jpg

King.Tut.13.jpg

Radioactive.Batman.1.jpg

Radioactive.Batman.2.jpg

Radioactive.Batman.3.jpg

Radioactive.Batman.4.jpg

Radioactive.Batman.5.jpg

Radioactive.Batman.6.jpg

Radioactive.Batman.7.jpg

Radioactive.Batman.8.jpg

Radioactive.Batman.9.jpg

Radioactive.Batman.10.jpg

Two.Face.1.jpg

Two.Face.2.jpg

Two.Face.3.jpg

Two.Face.4.jpg

Two.Face.5.jpg

Two.Face.6.jpg

Two.Face.7.jpg

Two.Face.8.jpg

Two.Face.9.jpg

Two.Face.10.jpg

Wayne.Manor.1.jpg

Wayne.Manor.2.jpg

Wayne.Manor.3.jpg

Wayne.Manor.4.jpg

Wayne.Manor.5.jpg

Wayne.Manor.6.jpg

Wayne.Manor.7.jpg

Wayne.Manor.8.jpg

Wayne.Manor.9.jpg

Wayne.Manor.10.jpg

• Thanks 1

I jumped on pre-ordering the Library and Tut. I've also got Egghead on pre-order from before he sold out. Those will be my first purchases in this line. I can totally see myself buying multiples of the library if I ever see it reduced. It's such a great background diorama!

• Thanks 1

Radioactive Batman was in the Mad Hatter episodes, so I hope that we get Mad Hatter this year! I am also eager to see if we get Bookworm too. These are the two villains at the top of my wish list. Both Mad Hatter & Bookworm have been made by other companies, so I hope McFarlane is able to obtain their likenesses for this line. FalseFace, Black Widow, Siren, Clock King, Shame, Minstrel, & Archer are villains that I hope McFarlane will produce. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Since Todd has included the Batman '66 logo in the new toy lines header on his various platforms, it looks like he'll keep the line going at least through the end of 2023. The Tut/Two-Face/Pink Batman with Wayne Manor Study & Bat boat are set to be released by Target sometime in April. BBTS & EE say they'll start shipping in May. So that means we'll probably get a Summer wave, Fall wave and maybe a Christmas wave. I've read that the next wave is Batman & Robin with gas masks (which is basically a head switch out) and Batman '66 comics' based Batgirl. After that, who knows? Will McFarlane show prototypes or sell exclusives at SDCC? The Julie Newmar Catwoman was originally announced as a SDCC exclusive for 2022, but she showed up in Target stores across the country.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Mad Hatter & Bookworm. I can see a John Astin Riddler & Eli Wallach Mr. Freeze because those would be head switch outs like Eartha Kitt & Julie Newmar's Catwoman. More B&W figures. Perhaps an Alfred, and a few more villains like Shame, Archer, Clock King, Siren, Minstrel, and hopefully False Face. Would they do a Marsha Queen of Diamonds or Black Widow? Minstrel or Sandman? Olga or Ma Barker? Louie the Lilac or a comics' based Poison Ivy? So many opportunities, but does the line have that strong of legs? 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This show is such a classic... I didn't pulled the trigger on this line yet, because first I need to add more shelves to my garage just to add all my Neca TMNT. GI Joe classified, Super 7 Silverhawks, BST TMNT and some other lines... Then if I see that I have the space, I will buy all these figures and playsets 💡😀 I used to watch every afternoon with my father this show...😁👍

• 2 months later...