ToyFarce: Four Horsemen Studios Figura Obscura Headless Horseman Review and Images

ToyFarce

Headless.jpgIt's Wednesday and you know what that means... ToyFarce review!

This week, just in time for Halloween...ish, we're having a look at the Headless Horseman figure from the Figura Obscura line by the Four Horsemen Studios. The Figura Obscura line is a new line of figures that features characters from myths, legends and folk tales, giving them that nice Four Horsemen Studios spin. The first figure was Krampus, which came out last year during the holiday season (I'll post a review of it around that time), and the Headless Horseman is the second figure of the line, and was revealed for Halloween this year.

Who better to represent the Halloween season than a nice Pumpkin-headed Headless Horseman, am I right? The classic headless character of Sleepy Hollow fame is now the perfect figure to display in your house during the Halloween season, thanks to the Four Horsemen Studios' amazing depiction of the character. First off, the box art by Nate Baertsch is gorgeous, front and back. The box comes with a sleeve held by magnets, that can also be used as a backdrop.

The Horseman comes with 2 different jack-o-lantern heads (not so headless anymore, are ya?), a neck attachement if you want to display him sans-head, 2 extra pairs of hands, including one with a head peg in it (clever!), a sword and a beautiful black wired cape, with red lining. The horse comes with an extra "wild" mane. Yep, even the horse has accessories!

What a glorious, beautiful set. The 3 head options are great, with the jack-o-lantern, the jack-o-lantern on fire (with detachable fire!), and the neck attachement where you see inside the neck. The sculpt and details on the suit and body are the usual top notch for the Horsemen. The horse also looks incredible with its dark tones and red highlights and eyes. Full disclosure, I had a couple of issues with mine: the chain from the cape wasn't attached on one side and got separated from the cape, but I McGyvered it, attaching it to one of the hooks from the medallions, and the peg from the hand was not glued properly and kept staying in the head when trying to remove it, but I fixed that. Otherwise, great set, fun to pose, looks great in every way. I just wish there was a stand to pose it with the horse standing on the back legs, so you can pose it like on the box.

"Only time can answer that question, for few know what characters the Figura Obscura keys will unlock next." Well, I can't wait to see what the next figure will be!

"Well, one of us is going to have to go home and change..."

More news at 11:00... " ... " - Actual quote from a Headless Horseman.

Headless (1).jpg

Headless (2).jpg

Headless (3).jpg

Headless (4).jpg

Headless (5).jpg

Headless (6).jpg

Headless (7).jpg

Headless (8).jpg

Headless (9).jpg

Headless (10).jpg

Headless (11).jpg

Headless (12).jpg