ToyFarce: Four Horsemen Studios Mythic Legions Illythia wave: Illythia, Phobus, Vallak and Decebalus Review and Images

ToyFarce

MythicLegions.jpgIt's Wednesday and you know what that means: ToyFarce review!

This week, we're having a look at some figures from the Mythic Legions: Illythia wave by the Four Horsemen Studios. I'm fairly new to Mythic Legions, and only got into it after a friend more or less pushed me to get some figures from the Arethyr wave (thanks Ryan!), and long story short, I have dozens on pre-order since... Yes, I am weak. Especially for great figures! And that new Illythia wave did not disappoint!

First, Vallak, the 'tracker of the White Spine', which was the one that caught my attention the most from that wave. Something about the purple cape and hood, the falcon and his general appearance caught my eye, and I wanted it right away. A great figure, Vallak comes with a soft goods cape, his falcon Cinder, a sword and sheath, a beautiful black bow and a quiver that can be attached to his belt. The falcon doesn't have much articulations, but can be attached easily on Vallak's arm by removing his hand and sliding the gauntlet piece on which the falcon stands. That figure has a great presence, and I'm really fond of it.

Decebalus, the 'Vogyrr' (or vampire ogre) is huge! Using the ogre body, he towers over the other figures. Decebalus comes with an extra set of hands, a big mace and a big axe. He has soft goods hanging from his waist belt, 3 wired leather straps hanging from the buckle on the front and a big wired leather piece hanging on the back, with fake fur on top of it (see pics for clearer info). He's also very, very white, to the point that I was afraid of leaving marks on it and kept washing my hands while handling the figure. His headsculpt is perfectly vampire-y.

The Vampire Goddess, Illythia, is one of the Four Horsemen, or 'Dark Gods' from that line (with Arethyr being the first, representing War, so Illythia, as a Vampire, would be Famine, for the 'eternal famine which curses her vampiric children'). She is a gorgeous figure and comes with a ton of accessories, and she can carry all of it! (No need to store stuff, yes!). Illythia comes with 4 extra arms that can be attached on her back, the piece to attach the arms on her back, 2 scales, 2 twin-bladed swords and her weapon, the Soul Spiller. The details on that figure are amazing, especially her head piece which looks like H.R. Giger designed it, complete with a skeleton holding scales at the top. She has a soft goods skirt which is wired, along with an extra piece of wired fabric (which I haven't been able to figure out where to put, so it's just wrapped around her waist). I basically took inspiration from the promo pics and put the scales on the lower arms on her back, the swords on the top ones, which leaves her normal arms free to hold her weapon.

And what would be a Horsemen without a horse? Phobus is Illythia's trusted steed, and looks amazing as well. A dark black horse with purple highlights, skeleton features on his head, and pairs beautifully with the Vampire Goddess. It's not secret that the Mythic Legions horses are some of the best horses, but if you start to add gloomy, dark details on them, I can only say "Yes, please!".

I also have the Figura Obscura Headless Horsemen on the way, which would have been great to review on Halloween, but the International post system being what it is today, it will have to be for later. Maybe a Halloween for Christmas review?

More news at 11:00... For the Legion!

MythicLegions (2).jpg

MythicLegions (3).jpg

MythicLegions (4).jpg

MythicLegions (5).jpg

MythicLegions (6).jpg

MythicLegions (7).jpg

MythicLegions (8).jpg

MythicLegions (9).jpg

MythicLegions (10).jpg

MythicLegions (11).jpg

MythicLegions (12).jpg