ToyFarce Debate: Top or Bottom? How Do You Open Your Boxes?

ToyFarce

TopBottom.jpgWith more and more toy collectors taking to Youtube and making unboxing videos, we have been able to witness several different ways that an action figure box can be opened. Some are more delicate, while others are more explosives (and then there's the Mint In Box collectors that just look at the box). We, at ToyFarce, have noticed that there seem to be a trend where collectors open their boxes from the bottom. We thought it would be a great time for a debate: Top or bottom?

Obviously, this is for action figures or other toys that come in boxes, rather than blister cards. Think Hasbro (Marvel Legends, Star Wars The Black Series, G.I.Joe Classified Series,...), NECA, McFarlane Toys, MAFEX... action figures. And of course, it goes without saying that this is for people who open the toys (duh). We will try to demonstrate the pros and cons.

TOP:

The most logical one, to us. You open a cereal box from the top, right? If you opened it from the bottom, you'd have all your cereals on the floor, or you would have to store the box upside down. So for an action figure that comes in the box, when you look at it from the front, the natural move would be to open from the top, grab the tray, pull it up and your figure is freeeeeee. Simple, efficient. Why would anyone do it any other way?

BOTTOM:

A lot of people seem to do it that way, which surprised us, at first, and we are still trying to figure out why. I understand it leaves the top part 'untouched', so it looks like it was never opened from the top, but you still know that you opened it from the bottom. A slightly annoying part with that (which is an issue in both top and bottom opening, really) is that when you pull the cardboard flap out, it bends it a little, which leaves a small dent on the cardboard. Doesn't opening from the bottom cause the box to not sit perfectly flat anymore, in that case?

WILDCARD:

Some boxes (S.H. Figuarts, for example) open from the sides. This is complete chaos and we will not stand for this.

How do YOU open your boxes? Let us know in the comments, let's keep that debate alive!

More news at 11:00... Some just open their figures from the front...

*ToyFarce News is parody news for laughs and not meant to be taken seriously!

Top1.jpg

Bottom1.jpg

Wildcard.jpg

Whenever possible I open from the bottom. Just my preference.

While the bump can be an issue, it works itself out if you line up similar boxes on a flat surface. I like to keep my classifed and lightning boxes intact and they all line up pretty well.

What id like to know is how many people tear off the blister vs xacto knife it from the card (I fall into the latter

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 5:00 PM, MrWolf12000 said:

Whenever possible I open from the bottom. Just my preference.

While the bump can be an issue, it works itself out if you line up similar boxes on a flat surface. I like to keep my classifed and lightning boxes intact and they all line up pretty well.

What id like to know is how many people tear off the blister vs xacto knife it from the card (I fall into the latter

It depends if the card is nice and if I want to keep it, I'd say... For example, a Marvel Legends retro card, i'd go for the X-acto knife, but any other normal 'basic' card, i'd just rip it open.