New Hasbro Dungeons And Dragons Animated Figures Revealed For Today's Target Geek-Out Event

JayC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shown below are in-hand images for Hasbro's new 6" Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Classics Wave 1 figures which includes Hank, Diana and Bobby with Uni which are available now at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth. Also in wave 1 is the Deluxe Venger & Dungeon Master set which is being sold as a Target exclusive.

If you were a fan of the cartoon I would say these are ones you won't want to miss. My one complaint is that it would have been nice if they had double jointed elbows. Especially with Hank. I had no QC or breakage issues with my figures, though out of the package the joints were stiff. I took a hairdryer to them to loosen them up before moving them which is something I would recommend doing. Figures like Bobby and Diana have very thin arms and hence thin plastic joints and I could see if you tried moving them without heating up the joints to loosen first you could break them fairly easy.

Each figure comes with a number of accessories include collectible dice.

DandD-010.jpg

DandD-32.jpg

DandD-31.jpg

DandD-30.jpg

DandD-29.jpg

DandD-28.jpg

DandD-27.jpg

DandD-26.jpg

DandD-25.jpg

DandD-24.jpg

DandD-23.jpg

DandD-22.jpg

DandD-21.jpg

DandD-20.jpg

DandD-19.jpg

DandD-18.jpg

DandD-17.jpg

DandD-16.jpg

DandD-15.jpg

DandD-14.jpg

DandD-13.jpg

DandD-12.jpg

DandD-11.jpg

DandD-10.jpg

DandD-09.jpg

DandD-08.jpg

DandD-07.jpg

DandD-06.jpg

DandD-05.jpg

DandD-04.jpg

DandD-03.jpg

DandD-02.jpg

DandD-01.jpg

• Thanks 1

If you recently picked up Hasbro's first wave of 6" Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Classics figures which includes Hank, Diana and Bobby with Uni, and wondering when we might see the rest of the team, well the answer is by next week on January 25. This will include Eric, the Cavalier, Presto, the Magician and Sheila, the Thief. These three figures will go up for pre-order at 1pm ET everywhere including at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

If there any other figures being offered in this line then they would likely be some kind of store exclusive like we saw with the Deluxe Venger & Dungeon Master set that is only available at Target stores. I wouldn't be surprised if we might end up seeing a figure like Shadow Demon released at Target. I doubt we would see Night-Mare since Venger doesn't have the articulation to be able to ride it. I also doubt we would see Tiamat due to the size that one would need to be in order to scale with the other figures. If there is another Deluxe store exclusive figure in the works for the line then my guess is that it will be revealed next week along with the other three regular releases. We will be sure to update you here when more details become available.

Dungeons-And-Dragons-Wave-2.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deecee4 said:

Warduke could be a possibility as well.

Anything is possible but IF there is another Deluxe store exclusive coming my money is on it being Shadow Demon. Besides Venger, only Tiamat I think is more recognizable when it comes to the bad guys for the show and I dont see them doing the dragon due to size. We shall see though.

While I would hope this line would continue, I don't see it continuing past the main cast. I would love to see an animated Warduke and Strongheart, Some monsters such as Bullywugs or pig face orcs. (I would army build Bullywugs) I doubt there would be enough 'profit margin' for a beholder or bigger monsters.

would be cool if they did a Warduke and Shadow Demon from the Toon series, I might actually get those, but I'd still be hoping we would see Hasbro do Game/Book figures, so I'd probably wait it out to see if they actually do that, which they should since they already started with Drizzzt and Gelatinous Cube.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IronWill72 said:

Here's requested pic.  It was a quick job because I wasn't overly concerned and it looked much better.  If I did it again I'd clean it up a little better.  Showing teeth that weren't meant to be there was a mistake on Hasbro's part imo.

repaint.jpg

Yea I do like that better and I agree he never should have been sculpted with a teeth showing smile to begin with. 

I have had these now for a few weeks and absolutely love them. Fans like myself have been waiting a lifetime for these. My hope is that when they do the remaining three characters, Eric will have a plastic energy sleeve for his shield. Sheila has a cloth removable hooded cloak, and Presto has a cloth removeable magic hat. Bobby was a perfect figure but I had to add an effect to his club. Hasbro got the idea with Hank. He had both a dormant and active bow weapon. Diana was close but I had to make a short dormant version of the staff. The characters' weapons need both the dormant weapons and add-on energized effects. I hope they do a Tiamat Haslab dragon too! 

• Thanks 1

This morning I noticed that the Hasbro pre-order Entertainment Earth had listed for today on their Drop Zone page had been removed. I believe that pre-order was going to be for the second wave of 6" Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Classics I told you all about last week. The only pre-order now on the Drop Zone page for Hasbro is happening on 1/31 which I am  pretty sure will be for Transformers.

In other words it looks like Hasbro made a last minute change to their pre-order schedule and therefore we won't be seeing those new D&D figures today. That doesn't mean they aren't still coming, just that they aren't likely going up for pre-order today which means we won't be seeing images for them today.

I don't know why Hasbro changed their schedule, but just purely speculating, if there is going to be a Deluxe Target exclusive being released in wave 2 like we saw with Venger in wave 1, they may be waiting for Target's next Collector Geek Out event to reveal the wave like they did with wave 1. Again I don't know if that is the case or even if there will be another Target exclusive, but that seems like the most logical reason for not doing the pre-orders today.

When more details become available I will be sure to update you all here.

Thursday, February 16
10:00 am PT
Hasbro
The newest toys from Hasbro are under wraps, but what could they be? Roll for initiative.

Taken from said 'Dropzone' page on EE.

"Roll for initiative" would suggest they're referring to D&D?? Could be more Dicelings or Movie figures but my money is on several D&D reveals including Cartoon Wave 2.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, toynewman said:

Amazon Canada has provided our first look at an unannounced Dungeon & Dragons Cartoon Classics Wave 2from Hasbro. Shown here are Presto, Sheila and Eric!

0.jpg

Eric.jpg

Presto.jpg

Sheila.jpg

Oh man they look very cartoon accurate. I will buy them when available around here in the US.😃✌️🎯