DC Page Punchers The Flash and Injustice 2 Teasers

JayC

McFarlane Toys has released a preview image for new 7" DC Page Puncher figures for Flash and Captain Cold. They say these figures are based on an exclusive Flash comic. We assume that means the comic that will be included with the figures and that the Flash is Barry Allen.

Based on overseas listings we've previously reported on, the figures coming from this comic includes the following:

- Mcfarlane DC DIRECT 7IN FIGURE WITH COMIC - THE FLASH WV2 HEATWAVE
- Mcfarlane DC DIRECT 7IN FIGURE WITH COMIC THE FLASH WV2 CAPTAIN COLD
- Mcfarlane DC DIRECT 7" WITH COMIC THE FLASH WV2 CAPTAIN COLD VARIANT GOLD LABEL
- Mcfarlane DC DIRECT 7IN FIGURE WITH COMIC THE FLASH WV2 THE FLASH BARRY ALLEN
- Mcfarlane DC DIRECT 7IN FIGURE WITH COMIC THE FLASH WV2 THE ATOM RYAN CHO
- Mcfarlane DC DIRECT - COMIC WITH MEGA FIGURE THE FLASH GORILLA GRODD

This weekend we got a teaser for an Injustice 2 comic Batman. Again based on listings we have seen the following figures whould be released for that.

- McFarlane DC Direct Gaming 7IN Figure With Comic Injustice 2 WV1 Batman
- McFarlane DC Direct Gaming 7IN Figure With Comic Injustice 2 WV1 Green Arrow
- Mcfarlane DC DIRECT GAMING 7IN FIGURE WITH COMIC INJUSTICE 2 WV2 DR. FATE
- Mcfarlane DC DIRECT GAMING 7IN FIGURE WITH COMIC INJUSTICE 2 WV2 SUPERGIRL

The figures for both the Flash comic and Injustice 2 comic seem to be broken down into two waves. Each wave seems to have 2 figures in it. McFarlane says at least the first wave for both the Injustice 2 and Flash will be going up for pre-order soon. There is also a Megafig listed for the Flash series. When more details become available on these we will be sure to let you all know.

DC-Page-Punchers-Flash.jpg

Injustice-2-Page-Puncher__scaled_600.jpg

So basically this DC Page Punchers line from McFarlane is taking the Todd McFarlane designed figure concept one step further by including exclusive comics with the figures featured in the stories

2 hours ago, AvengerK2 said:

Series 1 was based on one of my favourite artists designs Lee Bermejo and I got the whole series.  If this is as good I ll definitely pick a few up. 

series 1 is not based on lee bermejo art. the constantine and black adam are based on the comics interior art which was drawn by tyler kirkham, batman and superman are based on the cover art which was drawn by arif prianto.

Shown below are the official images which come via Amazon for the DC Page Punchers 7" Injustice 2 Comic Wave 1 figures from McFarlane Toys. This wave include Batman and Green Arrow as they appear in the comic included with the figures. On the comic cover you can also see the other two figures coming in wave 2 which are Supergirl and Dr. Fate.

Wave 1 officially goes up for pre-order tomorrow (08/25) at noon ET at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore and Entertainment Earth.

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-00.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-01.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-02.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-03.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-04.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-05.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-06.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-07.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-08.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-09.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-10.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-11.jpg

DC-Page-Punchers-Injustice-2-12.jpg

Thanks to Amazon we have our first look at the upcoming 7" DC Page Punchers The Flash figures with Barry Allen Flash, Captain Cold, The Atom Ryan Cho and Heat Wave. These are available for pre-order on Amazon but will be available everywhere tomorrow (8/31) at noon ET. Heat Wave is not yet shown and we should get better quality images soon. Also not shown is the Gorilla Grodd Mega Figure we have seen from overseas listings. That one has not shown up on Amazon and not sure when that one will be available for pre-order.

These are based on how they appear in the Flash comic book included with the figures.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

I like them. Heatwave always changes his costume up, so it works for me. Im assuming the variant Captain Cold will be maskless. I really don't like the flash but i DO like it as a potential Johnny Quick (assuming he doesnt do it for the fourth Starro figure). Atom looks fine as well.

Overall, I think that these look really good. I understand why some will hold out for more classic looks. The Ryan Choi Atom armor is really good. I'll be honest and say that I my first impression was that Heat Wave looks more like a Warhammer figure with how bulky it is, but it has already grown on me. The Captain Cold might be the most unsettling with the mask rather than the classic blue rectangular eyewear or even goggles, but it's fine. It will be interesting to see if that visored Barry Allen figure is used as the base for an upcoming Johnny Quick figure for the Starro wave. If not, it wouldn't be a terrible stand-in. Overall, I like this wave quite a bit - with the Flash being the only one that I'm on the fence about getting. Still looking forward to the reveals for Grodd and Injustice Supergirl and whomever is the 4th figure of the Starro wave.

Update: I ended up pre-ordering all but Flash. I'm probably most excited for Heat Wave. The only other Heat Wave figure I have is the Arrowverse TV version by DC Direct / DC Collectibles.

1 hour ago, Reno said:

Overall, I think that these look really good. I understand why some will hold out for more classic looks. The Ryan Choi Atom armor is really good. I'll be honest and say that I my first impression was that Heat Wave looks more like a Warhammer figure with how bulky it is, but it has already grown on me. The Captain Cold might be the most unsettling with the mask rather than the classic blue rectangular eyewear or even goggles, but it's fine. It will be interesting to see if that visored Barry Allen figure is used as the base for an upcoming Johnny Quick figure for the Starro wave. If not, it wouldn't be a terrible stand-in. Overall, I like this wave quite a bit - with the Flash being the only one that I'm on the fence about getting. Still looking forward to the reveals for Grodd and Injustice Supergirl and whomever is the 4th figure of the Starro wave.

Im considering buying a second Heatwave for a Warhammer repaint. I agree it has that look.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Brockbar said:

I really don't like the flash but i DO like it as a potential Johnny Quick (assuming he doesnt do it for the fourth Starro figure).

1 hour ago, Reno said:

It will be interesting to see if that visored Barry Allen figure is used as the base for an upcoming Johnny Quick figure for the Starro wave. If not, it wouldn't be a terrible stand-in.

so the current johnny quick from the csa that mcfarlane is making figures from looks absolutely nothing like the older versions so this flash figure definitely is not being re-used in any way for a johnny quick. and the silhouette points more to power ring since it looks armored. i attached a pic of johnny quick and ya'll can see why this flash wont work for what u guys want:Crime_Syndicate_Earth_3_004.thumb.jpg.0b32e5eeae750906e200213c80c8a344.jpg

This looks horrible, maybe heatwave is okay-ish but everyone else is straight-up bad, people would easily go for classic Flash, Classic or even new 52 Captain Cold and Atom, most depressing is the fact that they gave all original sculpt to these horrible designs that look like straight up from Kids toy line... why...

Once again thanks to Amazon who has it up for pre-order we have our first look at the new DC Page Punchers 7" The Flash Comic Gorilla Grodd Mega figure from McFarlane Toys. This figure will officially be available for pre-order everywhere tomorrow (9/2) at Noon ET.

DC-Page-Punchers-Gorilla-Grodd.jpg

On 8/31/2022 at 11:05 AM, Monstrous said:

so the current johnny quick from the csa that mcfarlane is making figures from looks absolutely nothing like the older versions so this flash figure definitely is not being re-used in any way for a johnny quick. and the silhouette points more to power ring since it looks armored. i attached a pic of johnny quick and ya'll can see why this flash wont work for what u guys want:Crime_Syndicate_Earth_3_004.thumb.jpg.0b32e5eeae750906e200213c80c8a344.jpg

I know what the current Johnny looks like. It looks like crap. That Flash WILL work for me because that's what I'll use it for.

• 3 weeks later...

Shown below are the official images for the DC Page Punchers 7" Injustice 2 Comic Wave 1 figures from McFarlane Toys. This wave include Batman and Green Arrow as they appear in the comic included with the figures. On the comic cover you can also see the other two figures coming in wave 2 which are Supergirl and Dr. Fate.

Wave 1 is now available for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore and Entertainment Earth.

DC-Page-Punchers-Supergirl-01.jpg