Target's 2022 Fall Geek-Out Event Starts This Week - McFarlane, NECA, Mattel, GIJoe And More

JayC

Target has launched their Fall 2022 Target-Geek Out event landing page giving us a preview of what to expect. Starting this Friday (8/26) they will be dropping new exclusive items for pre-order from various companies. This will happen every Friday until September 30.

Things will start off with a new exclusive(s) from McFarlane Toys. They could show among other things possibly the final figure in the Target exclusive DC Multiverse Crime Syndicate Starro Build-A-Wave.

Target has launched their Fall 2022 Target-Geek Out event landing page giving us a preview of what to expect. Starting this Friday (8/26) they will be dropping new exclusive items for pre-order from various companies. This will happen every Friday until September 30.

Things will start off with a new exclusive(s) from McFarlane Toys. They could show among other things possibly the final figure in the Target exclusive DC Multiverse Crime Syndicate Starro Build-A-Wave.

Target-Geek-Out-Fall-2022.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ICY16 said:

The GI Joes announced last year have not shipped yet.  Seriously, Target / Hasbro…what is the point?  

Mcfarlane stuff is really cool, and it actually ships.  I wish he had the GI Joe license. 

No thanks. I hate the fact that most of Mcfarlane’s current lines are 7in scale, and most of what is released in a smaller scale by him has limited articulation. Plus, I don’t really like Mcfarlane’s articulation in general. His figures tend to have difficulty standing due to the weird ball joint ankles, so it makes displaying his stuff a challenge. So that’s a hard pass for me.

Also, GI Joe has always been a Hasbro property, and though they occasionally license it out to other companies, I doubt they’d make an agreement with Mcfarlane considering how he’s been bragging about having outsold Marvel Legends and such.

To Jay Cochran is it possible  that there could be more first to market non exclusive  neca toys for this fall geek out. Just hoping  for some stuff that has been  delayed for months like the ultimate  Robocop  figures, Bttf Doc brown  in white Radiation  suit, retro Matt Hooper amity harbor figure and possibly  a first to Market for Ultimate  Alf figure or Universal  Monsters  Dracula  figure. We have seen this before with other neca products. I just really  want  to get these figures off my want list. Plus the gremlins 2 Mogwais should  be coming also pretty  soon. Are these possibilities  since so much neca stuff has  been  delayed.

I dunno, I just can't really get too excited about anything that is a hassle to order anymore.   I wanted that exclusive AzBats that McFarlane did for Walmart, it apparently came and went with no way to know when it when up for order and always shows out of stock.  If I can order nice and simple, without a pain, maybe.

Seems like a pain, that's all that I see here with this announcement, more things us Canadians can't get, more bots buying all the good stuff, stuff we really want but locked away behind the walls of exclusivity , so therefore I hope everything they offer is nothing I want. 

spacer.pngspacer.png