McFarlane Toys - Avatar Jake Sully Figure

toynewman

• toynewman changed the title to McFarlane Toys - Avatar Jake Sully Figure

Oh yeah Smavatar 2 is coming, honestly I keep forgetting this is a thing, Avatar lost it steams years ago, and now it's suppose to be everyone's number 1 favorite thing ever again? what's this new movie going to do that's so much more amazing of a spectacle then the first movie, which seemed highly overated, anyways figure looks good enough, sure never really had much interest in the blue cat people really. I can't imagine many people are like "OMG Avatar figures! whaaat been waiting yo! I've been literally screaming inside for the last decade waiting for this sequel" , this movie better like cure world hunger, it took over 10 years to make, we better actually fly to the planet this movie takes place on.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 5:22 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh yeah Smavatar 2 is coming, honestly I keep forgetting this is a thing, Avatar lost it steams years ago, and now it's suppose to be everyone's number 1 favorite thing ever again? what's this new movie going to do that's so much more amazing of a spectacle then the first movie, which seemed highly overated, anyways figure looks good enough, sure never really had much interest in the blue cat people really. I can't imagine many people are like "OMG Avatar figures! whaaat been waiting yo! I've been literally screaming inside for the last decade waiting for this sequel" , this movie better like cure world hunger, it took over 10 years to make, we better actually fly to the planet this movie takes place on.

My wife is super exited for the new movie, but I am on the same page as you. I am kind of indifferent towards the whole franchise. Nothing in the trailer really makes me hyped about it either, though I know my wife will want to go see it when it comes out.

The figures look neat, but between having little interest in the franchise and not really being a huge fan of the way McFarlane does articulation, these are an easy pass for me.

The new Avatar: World of Pandora Collection figures from McFarlane Toys have gone up for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Avatar Jake Sully's Banshee Mega Figure
Blue and green in appearance, he is the banshee that Jake bonds with during the Iknimaya rite of passage. He is also one of the few mountain banshees to have been ridden by an avatar.

Avatar Neytiri's Banshee Mega Figure
Seze is the mountain banshee mount of Neytiri. Graceful, dangerous, and loyal, the banshee is an integral part of Na’vi life.

Born on Earth, Jake Sully is given a unique opportunity to join the Avatar Program, in which humans remotely control human/Na’vi hybrids to safely navigate the alien and dangerous moon of Pandora. After spending time with the Na’vi, Jake becomes fully immersed in their way of life and he falls in love with the moon, the people, and his Na’vi guide and teacher, Neytiri

Neytiri is a fierce warrior, incredible tracker, and next in line to be the clan’s tsahik, or spiritual leader. Willful and decisive in conflict, she trusts her own instincts and abilities, speaks her mind, and leads with her heart. She meets Jake Sully’s avatar in the Pandoran Rainforest, helping him when he’s attacked by a pack of viperwolves.

Possessing an intimidating presence and the ability to withstand toxic environments, the AMP Suit is a multi-purpose, human-piloted mech suit that duplicates all the functions of an infantry soldier. A walking, hydraulic, armored, near-invulnerable exo-suit, its capabilities have proven invaluable to the RDA.

Avatar Colonel Miles Quaritch 7" Figure
Spearheading the RDA’s Security Operations is Colonel Miles Quaritch. A veteran soldier, Quaritch is relentless in his duty to protect the humans of Hell’s Gate and eradicate the Na’vi. Attacked by a Viperwolf on his first day on Pandora, Quaritch forms an abiding hatred for Pandora’s wildlife as well as its indigenous inhabitants.

Avatar World of Pandora Jake Sully vs. Thanator
During his first field mission on Pandora, Jake Sully encounters the Rainforest’s most fearsome land predator, the Thanator. With six legs propelling it at speeds of up to 40 mph, it’s no wonder Dr. Grace Augustine tells the inexperienced Jake Sully’s avatar to run for his life. This medium deluxe figure set is highly detailed with playable articulation.

Avatar World of Pandora Tsu'tey and Direhorse
The noble six-legged steed of the Na’vi, the Direhorse is vitally important as a mode of transport as well as a hunting mount for all Na’vi clans. The Omatikayan warrior, Tsu’tey, is a skilled Direhorse rider and the perfect addition to this medium deluxe figure set.

Avatar World of Pandora Ikeyni's Mountain Banshee Figure
Heed the call of Toruk Makto as Ikeyni, Olo’eykte of the Tayrangi clan, with her green and purple mountain banshee, and ride into battle! Build out your very own rookery of banshees with three different colorways to choose from.

Avatar World of Pandora Mountain Banshee (Green) Figure
Zip through the air and turn heads with this vibrant green and yellow mountain banshee! Build out your very own rookery of banshees with three different colorways to choose from.

Avatar World of Pandora Mountain Banshee (Blue) Figure
Brilliant shades of blue and purple, this mountain banshee echoes the beautiful colors of the glowing Pandoran Rainforest. Build out your very own rookery of banshees with three different colorways to choose from.

Avatar World of Pandora Box of 24 Random Sets
All boxes are factory sealed and items packed inside are not inspected. We cannot guarantee packaging condition of the individual items packed within the box.

From its Na’vi inhabitants and humans to the lush flora, wild fauna, discover the rich world of Pandora. Each of the 24 different Blind Box sets are highly detailed and feature a bioluminescent effect activated by blacklight. Collect them all to build the world of Pandora!

Avata10-.jpg

Avata12-.jpg

Avata13-.jpg

Avata14-.jpg

Avata15-.jpg

Avata16-.jpg

Avata17-.jpg

Avata18-.jpg

Avata19-.jpg

Avata20-.jpg

Avata22-.jpg

Avata23-.jpg

Avata24-.jpg

Avata25-.jpg

Avata26-.jpg

Avata27-.jpg

Avata28-.jpg

Avata29-.jpg

Avata30-.jpg

Avata31-.jpg

Avata32-.jpg

Avata33-.jpg

Avata34-.jpg

Avata35-.jpg

Avata36-.jpg

Avata37-.jpg

Avata38-.jpg

Avata39-.jpg

Avata40-.jpg

Avata41-.jpg

Avata45-.jpg

Avata46-.jpg

Avata47-.jpg

Avata48-.jpg

Avata49-.jpg

Avata50-.jpg

Avata51-.jpg

Avata52-.jpg

Avata53-.jpg

Avata54-.jpg

Avata55-.jpg

Avata56-.jpg

Avata57-.jpg

Avata58-.jpg

Avata59-.jpg

Avata60-.jpg

Avata61-.jpg

Avata63-.jpg

Avata64-.jpg

Avata65-.jpg

Avata66-.jpg

Avata67-.jpg

Avata68-.jpg

Avata69-.jpg

Avata70-.jpg

Avata71-.jpg

Avata72-.jpg

Avata73-.jpg

Avata74-.jpg

Avata75-.jpg

Avata76-.jpg

Avata77-.jpg

Avata79-.jpg

Avata80-.jpg

Avata81-.jpg

Avata82-.jpg

Avata83-.jpg

Avata84-.jpg

Avata85-.jpg

Avata86-.jpg

Avata87-.jpg

Avata88-.jpg

Avata89-.jpg

Avata90-.jpg

Avata91-.jpg

Avata92-.jpg

Avata93-.jpg

Avata94-.jpg

Avata95-.jpg

Avata96-.jpg

Avata97-.jpg

Avata98-.jpg

Wait a minute - how tall will the Miles figure be? If these are 7" scale then are the alien humanoids 7" and Humans would be smaller? I thought "7 inch scale" generally meant that 7 inches would be the size of an average (heroically average) sized human. Like in the Batman line Batman is 7" while Clayface is much taller. But Clayface is still in the same "7 inch scale". Maybe I've been thinking about it wrong this whole time but if the human figures are smaller then this line may actually be more like 1:14 scale or smaller which would make it kind of oddball.

57 minutes ago, interoceptive said:

Wait a minute - how tall will the Miles figure be? If these are 7" scale then are the alien humanoids 7" and Humans would be smaller? I thought "7 inch scale" generally meant that 7 inches would be the size of an average (heroically average) sized human. Like in the Batman line Batman is 7" while Clayface is much taller. But Clayface is still in the same "7 inch scale". Maybe I've been thinking about it wrong this whole time but if the human figures are smaller then this line may actually be more like 1:14 scale or smaller which would make it kind of oddball.

If that's a standard size McFarlane stand included in his package, then it looks like he's a 3.75" figure. The stands are a hair over 2.5".

3 hours ago, Faceless said:

If that's a standard size McFarlane stand included in his package, then it looks like he's a 3.75" figure. The stands are a hair over 2.5".

Well that kind of wings it back around and interests me - he'd be pretty close to modern 4" figures. The old Mattel AMP suit with figure was great and one of these is cheaper than one of those on the secondary market. I'll be interested to see a comparison between this figure and normal 4", 6" and 7" figures

Shown below are more images from the McFarlane Toys booth at this weekends Disney D23 convention. Shown are the newly announced Avatar: World of Pandora Collection figures including the 7" Jake Sully, Neytiri, Colonel Miles Quaritch, Amp Suit, Neytiri's Banshee and Jake Sully's Banshee. Notice the Colonel Miles figure is only about 5" tall to be able to fit in the Amp Suit. Thanks to Juan for getting these to us.

You can pre-order these at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Am I crazy or is that AMP suit the same exact mold from the first movie?  I see that the 2-pack comes with an alternate hand and the gun doesn't have the spring-fire gimmick but still, does re-use like this happen?  Or is this really original?  It's uncanny if it's completely new

Wow they really went all out on this product line, that's a huge rollout, I have a feeling in my gut and I hope it's proven wrong for Todd's sake, because I think this license must have been a big investment, but these figures all feel like Deep Discount quick to me, I just don't know if I feel the market is there for a massive Avatar line, did they even do figures for the first movie? if they did I don't think people were super into them.

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wow they really went all out on this product line, that's a huge rollout, I have a feeling in my gut and I hope it's proven wrong for Todd's sake, because I think this license must have been a big investment, but these figures all feel like Deep Discount quick to me, I just don't know if I feel the market is there for a massive Avatar line, did they even do figures for the first movie? if they did I don't think people were super into them.

Yes, the 1st Avatar movie did have a 4" and 6" action figure line by Mattel back in 2009.  The 4" line also had some vehicles and large creatures.  On a side note, there was also a McDonald's Happy Meal toy promo as well.

Can't recall how well it did, but if it was like many movie lines, it show up, maybe sat a bit until it got closer to the movie, probably sold out a bit around and shortly after the movie came out, only to later peg the walls, ending up in discount places. 

Can't comment on how the line was in the U.S., but I can add in that when it comes to Mattel action figure lines in Canada, Mattel Canada has a really terrible distribution system.  For example, whenever they had a non-media DC Comics line(2003 Batman 6" line, DC Universe Classics, etc.), Wave 1 showed up in huge numbers, while Wave 2 may or may not show up, only for stores to get again when you get to around Wave 4 or 5, then miss a wave or 4 again, then get a wave, only for another wave or 3 to not show up, and so on, and so on.

• 4 weeks later...

Amazon has a brand new McFarlane Toys Amazon Exclusive Avatar - 7in Jake and Mega Banshee BOB up for Pre-order!

An Amazon Exclusive – Fly though the Hallelujah Mountains with Jake Sully and his fierce banshee companion, Bob. With 22 points of articulation and incredibly high level of detail, mega banshee Bob can be posed to fly and crawl as seen in the film Avatar and works with the 7-inch Jake Sully action figure as a rider. The mega banshee also features a poseable wired tail, and two special collector stands to display both Jake and your amazing banshee!

About this item

Designed with Ultra Articulation with up to 22 moving parts for full range of posing
Mega banshee Bob can be posed to fly and crawl as seen in the film Avatar
Works with the 7-inch scale Jake Sully action figure as a rider
Features a poseable wired tail
Two special collector stands to display both Jake and your amazing banshee!
Figure is showcased in Avatar Movie window box packaging
Collect all McFarlane Toys Avatar Movie products

Jake.BOB.0.jpg

Jake.BOB.1.jpg

Jake.BOB.2.jpg

Jake.BOB.3.jpg

Jake.BOB.5.jpg

Jake.BOB.6.jpg

Jake.BOB.7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Amazon we have a look at a number of new products from McFarlane Toys for Avatar: The Way Of Water which among other things includes 7" figures of Tonowari, Jake Sully (Reef Battle), Neytiri (Metkayina Reef) CET-OPS and Crabsuit (Megafig). Also shown is a new Skimwing beast, W.O.P vehicle and mech suits.

While Amazon has these up early they will be available everywhere tomorrow (10/18) at noon ET.

• 1 month later...