McFarlane Toys - Blue Beetle & Booster Gold Two Pack!

JayC

The new DC Multiverse Blue Beetle & Booster Gold Multipack from McFarlane Toys is now available for pre-order from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth. Check out the official images below.

Booster Gold: A college football star of the 25th Century who earned the nickname “Booster” on the field. Even though people assured him a professional career of fame and fortune was in his future, he decided he couldn’t wait and wagered on his own games. The scandal ruined his dreams and reputation. Taking a job as a security guard in the Metropolis Space Museum, Mike saw another opportunity after studying the early age of superheroes. With future and alien technology stolen from the museum, and a time machine that was on display, he realized he could not only become a superhero himself in a past era where his criminal history was unknown, but he could also make his good deeds profitable.

Blue Beetle: Over the course of a century, three different men from very different backgrounds have taken on the heroic mantle of the Blue Beetle, each making their mark in different ways. The original Beetle was an archaeologist named Dan Garrett, who discovered an ancient Scarab in an old Egyptian tomb that gave him superpowers which he used to fight crime. He was succeeded by the brilliant Ted Kord, who had no powers to speak of, but carried on the Blue Beetle legacy with just his wits and his fists, along with a whole lot of gadgets and a sharp sense of humor.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Thats a lot more accessories than I expected...I know he usually adds a few more for 2 packs, but I was surprised by these for some reason. Despite my minor, continued gripes about an extra hand or two for options, I'm very happy with this set.

I’m in for this and I really really really hope this set sells well enough to encourage getting more of these lesser known characters in the line instead of it being all Batfamily and JLA all the time.   

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly going in right direction!  We need more of these figures.  DC had a strong 80s-90s line up in great costumes.  McFarlane has been hit and miss with DC this is a definite hit!  Clear lense would have been great but this works!  Now how about Creeper, Question (Sage), Plastic Man and Captain Atom!