SDCC 2022 Hasbro G.I. Joe Classified Panel Coverage

JayC

Hasbro's Emily and Lenny are on hand at SDCC today with a new G.I. Joe Classified panel. We will be bringing you updates over the course of the next hour with any new reveals or info made. Also MCUCollector is on hand at the panel and will attempt to live-stream it so we can all watch along.

More to come...

No pre-orders this week and super early development sneak peeks along with more pipeline reveals.

Starting with name only reveals coming in 2023. No images for these.

Emily said oh sh@$ as something got knocked over.

Announced are Lowlight, Cobra Flight Pod (w/ Tele-Viper) is coming

Now talking other companies GIJoe stuff like Super7 and IDW.

Now we are getting to Digital reveals. Three reveals - Walmart Retro Cardback Crimson Guard Soldier

Serpentor with Chariot will be a Pulse-Con exclusive. Pre-order details will come later. Will be out at the booth so we will have better images soon.

Now talking about the Haslab HISS and going over all that stuff.

Chariot.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-01 0.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-01 2.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-01 4.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-01 5.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-01 6.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-01 7.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-01.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-011.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-012.jpg

• Thanks 1

Now talking about the Haslab HISS and going over all that stuff. The HISS will not come with any blast effects but there will be other opportunities to get effects that will be compatible with the tank down the road.

They showed early digital renders for Rock N' Roll, Shipwreck, Copperhead and Torpedo.

GIJoe-SDCC-05.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-09 2.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-09.jpg

GIJoe-SDCC-01 3.jpg

• Thanks 1

The Hiss tank should have come with blast effects, wonder why they won't be included. The Serpentor looks awesome, hopefully it won't be a pain to get as it will be an exclusive. I'm all exclusived out this year, just make these easily accessible please! 

Shown below are images for the newly announced G.I. Joe Classified Serpentor with Air Chariot figure that will be released as a Pulse-Con exclusive. No word yet on price or when it will be available for pre-order, but likely around the time of the con which takes place on September 30.

Serpentor 00.jpg

Serpentor 2.jpg

Serpentor 3.jpg

Serpentor 4.jpg

Serpentor 5.jpg

Serpentor 6.jpg

Serpentor 7.jpg

Serpentor 8.jpg

Serpentor 9.jpg

Serpentor 10.jpg

Serpentor 11.jpg

Serpentor 12.jpg

Serpentor 13.jpg

Serpentor 15.jpg

Serpentor 16.jpg

Serpentor 17.jpg

Serpentor.jpg

• Thanks 1

Man I want to army build Tele-Vipers, its the Cobra unit I've been waiting for. I'll probably buy 2-4 Flight Pods depending on the price but want more Tele-Vipers than that. I'm sure it'll get a single retro card release in the future. 

Hot off the reveal this weekend at SDCC, the folks at 2dsculpts wo worked on the figure for Hasbro gives us a better look at the digital render for the G.I. Joe Classified 6" Rock N' Roll figure that will be released in the line sometime in 2023.

GIJoe-Classified-Rock-N-Roll-01.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Rock-N-Roll-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Hot off the reveal this weekend at SDCC, the folks at 2dsculpts wo worked on the figure for Hasbro gives us a better look at the digital render for the G.I. Joe Classified 6" Rock N' Roll figure that will be released in the line sometime in 2023.

GIJoe-Classified-Rock-N-Roll-01.jpg

GIJoe-Classified-Rock-N-Roll-02.jpg

It's looking so awesome...✌️😎 Kind of looks like a 94 figure...😃

Hasbro has released images from their 2022 SDCC G.I. Joe Classified panel this past weekend showing the newly announce PulseCon exclusive Serpentorfigure along with the final two Walmart Exclusive Retro Cardback Crimson Guard and Snake Eyes figures, and four super early development sneak peeks at Rock N Roll, Torpedo, Copperhead, and Shipwreck. Check out the images below.

2022-GIJoe-SDCC-Recap 0.jpg

2022-GIJoe-SDCC-Recap 2.jpg

2022-GIJoe-SDCC-Recap 3.jpg

2022-GIJoe-SDCC-Recap 4.jpg

2022-GIJoe-SDCC-Recap 5.jpg

2022-GIJoe-SDCC-Recap 7.jpg

2022-GIJoe-SDCC-Recap 8.jpg

2022-GIJoe-SDCC-Recap 9.jpg

2022-GIJoe-SDCC-Recap 10.jpg

2022-GIJoe-SDCC-Recap.jpg

I like a lot of what they're doing with this line. Dr. Mindbender, Serpentor and Sgt. Slaughter are all super fun! Unfortunately for me, I'm only a packaged collector for this line and I'm out on anything windowless. I've still got quite a few figures on pre-order that are supposed to have the windowed packaging (Storm Shadow, Cobra Officer, Spirit, Dusty, Crimson Guard, Zarana, Stalker, Tomax, Zamot and the Target exclusive figures of Bazooka, Outback, Recondo, Python Patrol Officer, B.A.T. and Viper), but after that I'm afraid that I'm out. I decided not to order anything that is going to be released in windowless packaging. I'm also not into the retro line from Walmart, I prefer the original boxy packaging. Seeing that Shipwreck is being made is a little nostalgic for me because he was my first G.I. Joe figure when I was a kid, but in the end I'll be happy with what I have and just move on. I'll still watch from afar at all of the action figure goodness that this line holds in the future, but as a spectator rather than as a collector. 

I'm definitely down for Serpentor and Shipwreck. I'm kind of surprised there isn't an alternate hair piece without a hat, given how they've done that with other figures. The alternate hats are cool though.

2 hours ago, ransomz said:

I'm definitely down for Serpentor and Shipwreck. I'm kind of surprised there isn't an alternate hair piece without a hat, given how they've done that with other figures. The alternate hats are cool though.

With Shipwreck? It seems pretty certain there will be. I don't know why it's not in the hi-res version of the slide posted today, but there was also a view of Hector without a hat and most definitely with hair in the slide shown at the panel. Lenny Panzica even said the plan was to do the same thing with him that they did with Lady Jaye and the swappable hair and hat pieces (I cannot remember if he said this during the panel or during one of the interviews that are starting to show up on Youtube).

GIJoe-SDCC-09 2.jpghttps://forums.toynewsi.com/uploads/monthly_2022_07/2147212446_GIJoe-SDCC-092.jpg.4d0b1260d109d75eaed3b3fc4ebc8587.jpg

• Thanks 1