SDCC - Hasbro SDCC Exclusive Dr. Mindbender Official Details and Info

toynewman

I hope there's a regular version released. I have a rare autoimmune disease. I drive over 100 miles 1 way every Thursday for an experimental drug trial. I exited the interstate a few minutes before 11 central, pulled into a gas station and kept searching the Pulse website for over 10 minutes. Nothing. Apparently a few minutes after I gave up and resume driving to get medication injection, it was finally put up. They really need to respect our time and other commitments.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I hope there's a regular version released. I have a rare autoimmune disease. I drive over 100 miles 1 way every Thursday for an experimental drug trial. I exited the interstate a few minutes before 11 central, pulled into a gas station and kept searching the Pulse website for over 10 minutes. Nothing. Apparently a few minutes after I gave up and resume driving to get medication injection, it was finally put up. They really need to respect our time and other commitments.

It would be very surprising if there wasn't a regular retail version with pared down accessories and boring packaging available next year. Hasbro is obviously not going to talk about it right now, because they want to sell their exclusive version, but I think it can be said with almost 100% certainty that it will happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

They also still keep saying you need a QR code from Comic-Con but I doubt you will if you use the link.

Yeah, the QR code clearly brings people to the unlisted page. Since the link got shared, people don't really need it.

• Thanks 1

I think I'm going to wait it out and see when they release this as a regular figure, not trying to pay deluxe prices for a figure I don't care about being Deluxe, so Pass on this and will keep waiting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeScorpio said:

Did they finally sell out?  The link is getting an error message now.

I'm not getting an error message, but I am seeing this, so it seems the figure may finally be sold out now, since that status hasn't changed since late Sunday night, I believe. The plan had been to reserve some for after the con, but Hasbro also had other plans for selling Dr. Mindbender which they were forced to change. If it does go back up for preorder, we will more than likely say so again here.
image.png

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Satam said:

I'm not getting an error message, but I am seeing this, so it seems the figure may finally be sold out now, since that status hasn't changed since late Sunday night, I believe. The plan had been to reserve some for after the con, but Hasbro also had other plans for selling Dr. Mindbender which they were forced to change. If it does go back up for preorder, we will more than likely say so again here.
image.png

Thank you.  Thanks to this site as well as others, myself and many other collectors were able to secure a Mindbender.  I appreciate that very much and one less pre-order to worry about.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I can’t really complain since I got my Mindbinder ordered (actually 2 as I had a friend I was with at the Con order me a second one) but based on the fact that the QR code was worthless and unnecessary which is something I was completely unaware of during the five days of the convention (seeing as one is way to busy at the Con to be keeping up with what’s being posted online) this is another example of it being easier for people to order these SDCC exclusives at home versus the people at the convention.  Every day it was showing up to the convention hours early to be towards the front of the pack to try and race to these booths in order to try and get a QR code (or line pass or whatever) before they are all gone and then try to place an order standing in a crowd of people trying to get a weak cell signal through to place an order.  Meanwhile it turns out none of that was necessary.  

This new model of “SDCC exclusive” was a fail in my book.  And just to be clear I’m not advocating making things more exclusive (especially not a key character like Mindbender).  I have zero issue with these things being readily made available to everyone.  The problem I have is making it harder for those actually at the convention to get it compared to those not.  And a big part of that is a lack of planning and a lack of communication.