Mattel announces MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE TUESDAYS!

toynewman

1 hour ago, Admiral_Brockbar said:

I just don't understand the random time limits on these pre-orders. Why not make them a week or two weeks? If its factory deadlines, fine...start the preorders 2 weeks before whatever actual deadline needed to place orders. 1 day for Grizzlor and 3 days for Wun-Dar. Artificial scarcity really aggravates me. I like Made to order stuff...Super7, despite major delays, does it quite well. Four Horsemen do it very well also. Just do it over more than a few days.

Not sure what you mean by randomness. There is a 48 hour window from September 28th to September 30th right?

This is a pretty niche line so fans I wanted will already know about it.

If people that don't really follow MOTI Origins online then they are more of the casual customers category.

Also limited time window means people were more likely purchase based on FOMO.

It's really simple business psychology

4 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Limited quantities and then made to order, well it's not that bad if you don't get one the first day at least you can secure one the next day. However I don't understand why a figure that is part of a toyline which is selling at retail now and with supposedly good sales, should be offered in such a way, also Grizzlor is not a character you could call obscure among the MoTU roster.

Where does it say made to order? Its only a preorder. Nothing else was stated if I understand correctly 

• Thanks 1

Actually I'm pretty impressed Mattel did something cool like this and give people a chance at Wun-dar again, much appreciated move.

and actually giving everyone a fair shot at Grizzlor

hey cool stuff Mattel.

now how about Kol-darr?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Actually I'm pretty impressed Mattel did something cool like this and give people a chance at Wun-dar again, much appreciated move.

and actually giving everyone a fair shot at Grizzlor

hey cool stuff Mattel.

now how about Kol-darr?

Yea. Kol dar is the one I want. Be nice if they make him available again. 

16 hours ago, Cloud said:

Not sure what you mean by randomness. There is a 48 hour window from September 28th to September 30th right?

This is a pretty niche line so fans I wanted will already know about it.

If people that don't really follow MOTI Origins online then they are more of the casual customers category.

Also limited time window means people were more likely purchase based on FOMO.

It's really simple business psychology

The randomness is one preorder is Grizzlor is about 24 hours for a pre-order and Wund-Dar is 48. 'Business Psychology' as you put it is a poor defense of their practice. Its Artificial scarcity and 'exclusives' that spell the eventual death of a line. If you lived through the 90's comic debacle you know what I mean. Its the same #$## Hasbro is pulling with their G.I. Joe line.

Not all fans can make time to catch a 24 hour window for a figure pre-order. It's bad business practice to not try to make as much money as possible, correct? Thats pretty much 101. Longer pre-order window means more money with no additional resources other than keeping an order page open a little longer. Mattel just sucks at this....sure, they make money, but they handicap themselves by feeding the scalper machine and limiting their fan base not to mention poor customer relations.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Admiral_Brockbar said:

Not all fans can make time to catch a 24 hour window for a figure pre-order.

Any one can find less than 3 minutes in a 24-hour period to pre-order a figure. Unless you're in a cave with no working connection of any kind to the internet then you have no excuse. No one is completely occupied for an entire 24 hour period.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

It's not clear if this will be officially revealed today for MOTUesday, but thanks the the MattelCreations app, details for the Masters of the Universe Origins New Eternia playset Mattel first announced during SDCC have leaked out online early.

This will be Mattel's newest crowdsourcing item that will require a minimum 5000 backers with a cost of $550 plus $50 shipping.

The playset is said to be 3ft x 4ft with working battle tran, elevators, trap doors and more. It will also include an Origins King Grayskull as an early bird figure if the campaign gets its minimum number of backers between 10/12 and 10/19.

It sounds like the campaign will be launching on 10/12.

Eternia-01.jpg

As we reported to you yesterday, Mattel will be stepping back into the crowdsourcing arena starting next Wednesday (10/12) at 12pm ET with their Masters of the Universe Origins Eternia Playset.

The campaign will last until November 9 and cost $550 pulse a $50 surcharge for shipping in the US. additional surcharges may apply for International folks. In order for the playset to move into production it will need a minimum number of 5000 Backers.

MOTU fans who commit before 10/19 will get a limited-edition Origins King Grayskull figure to rule over your Ultimate Battleground Playset.

There are no indications that this campaign will have any stretch goals. The estimated ship date for this if funded is March 29, 2024. See more details and images for the playset below.

This expansive playset brings both sides of the battle for Eternia. At Grayskull Tower, you can capture He-Man’s evil foes with a trap door and opening gate. In Snake Mountain Tower, you can control the snake head to lunge and bite at any interloping heroes.

The middle Tower of Eternia hosts many surprises, including the Lion’s Head entryway that captures would-be intruders and the sculpted details in the moat. The pinnacle of the tower is armed with a double-barrel cannon that shoots missile projectiles.

Inside the main tower, an elevator moves your figures up through the second and third levels. On the third level, the training room and armory has a maneuverable Horde Trooper dummy that is remotely controlled by a chair in the command center on the second level.

This massive 3’x4’ playset is surrounded by a monorail system with a motorized tram that zips around the three towers. Attach one of three different vehicles and move your figures around the battle.

Eternia-00.jpg

Eternia-01.jpg

Eternia-02.jpg

Eternia-03.jpg

Eternia-04.jpg

Eternia-05.jpg

Eternia-06.jpg

Eternia-07.jpg

Eternia-08.jpg

Eternia-09.jpg

Eternia-10.jpg

Eternia-11.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2022 at 11:34 PM, LoreKeeper said:

"Come up with a spare $600 within the next two weeks or no Grayskull for you!"

That's definitely not messed up in any way... 🤔

Early bird figures are common when a kickstarter or other crowdfunding project is started. However the lack of stretch goals and no other unlockable items is a hard pill to swallow.

• Thanks 1

Mattel will be kicking off their latest crowdsourcing campaign for the Masters of the Universe Origins Eternia Playset on the MattelCreations website tomorrow (10/12) at 12pm ET.

The campaign will last until November 9 and cost $550 pulse a $50 surcharge for shipping in the US. additional surcharges may apply for International folks. In order for the playset to move into production it will need a minimum number of 5000 Backers.

As we previously reported, MOTU fans who commit before 10/19 will get a limited-edition Origins King Grayskull figure to rule over your Ultimate Battleground Playset.

Today we learned the playset will have stretch goals as well including a fully articulated Moat Monster which will be included if the campaign reaches 8k backers before the campaign ends. If the campaign reached 10k backers then they will also include a Keclar The Elder figure.

New-Eternia-01.jpg

New-Eternia-02.jpg

New-Eternia-03.jpg

New-Eternia-04.jpg

New-Eternia-05.jpg

• Thanks 1

Man Eternia...aaaa, so Amazing, So don't have space for it, where would I put that? also 1,070 bucks Canadian not even including shipping..I have to say no, but ugh it's so cool, plus Keclar and little Moat Monster, and King Grayskull, I will admire it from afar, like I did as a child.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 3:28 PM, ucsf said:

Early bird figures are common when a kickstarter or other crowdfunding project is started. However the lack of stretch goals and no other unlockable items is a hard pill to swallow.

I don't mind them having an early bird item, but they really should do it like Hasbro does with their HasLab: as long as it gets backed by the early bird date, all backers get the extra figure.  Coming up with 600 clams on short notice is very difficult for some people.  Permanently missing out on an item because you don't have tons of spare cash to throw at something on a whim really makes someone feel crappy about themselves.

Roy Juarez has once again provided a nice look at some upcoming package art and In box images for the Masters of the Universe Masterverse Deluxe Two-Bad Figure from Mattel! More info on these as it comes!

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

two.Bad.0.jpg

two.Bad.1.jpg

two.Bad.2.jpg

two.Bad.4.jpg

two.Bad.5.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toynewman said:
Roy Juarez has once again provided a nice look at some upcoming package art and In box images for the Masters of the Universe Masterverse Deluxe Two-Bad Figure from Mattel! More info on these as it comes!

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

two.Bad.0.jpg

two.Bad.1.jpg

two.Bad.2.jpg

two.Bad.4.jpg

two.Bad.5.jpg

I will buy it...😀✌️

On 10/13/2022 at 1:55 PM, LoreKeeper said:

I don't mind them having an early bird item, but they really should do it like Hasbro does with their HasLab: as long as it gets backed by the early bird date, all backers get the extra figure.  Coming up with 600 clams on short notice is very difficult for some people.  Permanently missing out on an item because you don't have tons of spare cash to throw at something on a whim really makes someone feel crappy about themselves.

I’m of the opposite opinion. Taking away the early bird is what started the snowball effect of people backing out of the Ghostrider crowdfund. They want people to sign up early and you don’t get charged until it gets funded I believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what will happen in two days. Once King Grayskull is off the table, the hard sell becomes harder. $650 and no King for the rest of the crowdfunder sounds like its not going to hit any of those Tiers. 

On 10/16/2022 at 7:24 AM, RoddyDrama said:

I’m of the opposite opinion. Taking away the early bird is what started the snowball effect of people backing out of the Ghostrider crowdfund. They want people to sign up early and you don’t get charged until it gets funded I believe.

For this one, they hold the funds in a "pending" status until the deadline. They may as well charge up front because you can't use that money for the remainder of the campaign. It's what stopped me from backing. It's just too soon for me to throw $600 at something. Not holding the money until the end would have given people like me enough time to safely part with it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoreKeeper said:

For this one, they hold the funds in a "pending" status until the deadline. They may as well charge up front because you can't use that money for the remainder of the campaign. It's what stopped me from backing. It's just too soon for me to throw $600 at something. Not holding the money until the end would have given people like me enough time to safely part with it.

It probably works the same way Haslabs work... We get charged when the project close... I have experience with 3 Haslabs, 2 GI Joe and one Transformers!😀✌️