2022 SDCC Exclusive MOTU Masterverse He-Man vs. Skeletor 40th Anniversary 2-Pack

JayC

Seven-inch scale with astounding vintage detail. Die-cast weapons and armor. 30 points of articulation. Mattel's Masters of the Universe Masterverse He-Man vs. Skeletor 40th Anniversary 2-Pack is the ultimate pairing of these opposing good and evil forces! And the Skeletor figure is currently only available in this 2-Pack. Available at SDCC on 7/20 and MattelCreations.com on 7/22 at 9am PT.

MOTU-2-01-Pack.jpg

MOTU-2-02-Pack.jpg

MOTU-2-03-Pack.jpg

MOTU-2-4-Pack.jpg

MOTU-2-05-Pack.jpg

MOTU-2-Pack.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayC said:

He-Man

MOTU-2-06-Pack.jpg

I hope the regular version looks like this, was not a fan of the dirt on him in previous photos. Head sculpt looks ok but will need to see a close up on this to be sure. Overall liking what I see here. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Ok, they do come with the power swords. I also notice He Man has flocking on his loincloth and boots.

I'll wait for the retail versions though.

Dont think the retail version will have flocking and not sure if Skeletor gets a retail version. If so might be a store exclusive.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JayC said:

Believe it will have fancy light up packaging as well.

I think Skeletor is a revelation repaint which looks really cool with those colors... I should buy me one of the Skeletor on clearance to repaint it like that one...😃👍

10 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I think Skeletor is a revelation repaint which looks really cool with those colors... I should buy me one of the Skeletor on clearance to repaint it like that one...😃👍

I think Skeletor is using the same bigger chest as the 40th He Man here. Personally, I'm quite happy with the New Eternia Skeletor, so I don't need this set.

• Thanks 1

Following yesterdays reveal for the new 2022 SDCC Exclusive MOTU Masterverse He-Man vs. Skeletor 40th Anniversary 2-Pack, we wanted to share these two updated images giving us a look at the two figures being included.

These Masterverse figures are said to have 30 points of articulation including Skeletor's jaw. The weapon accessories in this set are made of die-cast and this He-Man figure will have a flocked loin-cloth and the rims of his boots will also be flocked.

He-Man will include Power Sword, Battle Axe, and Shield. Skeletor will have a Power Sword and Havoc Staff. Each figure also comes with an extra pair of hands. The set also includes re-prints of the characters original mini-comics and a decoder type ring that opens to reveal the 40th Anniversary logo.

While the 40th Anniversary He-Man is getting a general release it won't have the die-cast weapons or flocking on the outfit. Right now this is the only way to get the 40th Anniversary Skeletor. It's unclear whether there will be a general release of him down the road.

The set also comes in special SDCC deluxe like packaging. The outer box is made to look like the Grayskull drawbridge.

No word on price yet for this set but it will be available at SDCC on 7/20 and the MattelCreations.com website on 7/22 at 9am PT.

2022-SDCC-Masterverse-00.jpg

2022-SDCC-Masterverse-01.jpg

2022-SDCC-Masterverse-02.jpg

2022-SDCC-Masterverse-03.jpg

2022-SDCC-Masterverse-04.jpg

2022-SDCC-Masterverse-05.jpg

2022-SDCC-Masterverse-06.jpg

2022-SDCC-Masterverse-07.jpg

2022-SDCC-Masterverse-08.jpg

2022-SDCC-Masterverse-09.jpg

• Thanks 1

this does look pretty amazing, these might be the 2 best He-Man and Skeletors for collectors at that scale at this point, look really classic, but with superior articulation and details, I would pass on this myself, but it's a nice looking 2 pack, I do presume this He-Man is likely the same as the one coming out in retail stores but with Flocking? , I hope for collectors sake this isn't the only way to get that Skeletor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, my preview night strategy is getting adjusted and the Mattel booth will now be the first destination on my list.   Between this the WWE No Holds Barred set and that Hot Wheels Ghost Rider Mattel has moved to top priority on my preview night list.  

• Thanks 1