Jump to content

McFarlane Toys Summer Showcase


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I just realized are we not going to see any new Mortal Kombat stuff? is that line secretly ending? I feel like Todd hasn't shown us much in the way of The MK stuff for a while, just some Jokers and Spawns, which don't really count for me personally, I still have so many characters I hoped we got figures for, would be sad if the line went away at this point, I'd almost feel like just getting rid of the collection I have.

Maybe Shartimus will ask Todd about Mortal Kombat at the con? I'm sure he'll interview him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Admiral_Brockbar said:

Can someone identify the body used on the right figure in the 4th Necron pic? Seems to be a 1/7 suited body, but it looks like Hasbro. I know its a custom head...at least I think it is.

Good question. Unfortunately I don’t know.  Necron looks good though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LordVenger said:

Good question. Unfortunately I don’t know.  Necron looks good though. 

I figured it out. Its a My Hero All for One chase figure with new hands and head.

Out of my price range for a custom lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I just realized are we not going to see any new Mortal Kombat stuff? is that line secretly ending? I feel like Todd hasn't shown us much in the way of The MK stuff for a while, just some Jokers and Spawns, which don't really count for me personally, I still have so many characters I hoped we got figures for, would be sad if the line went away at this point, I'd almost feel like just getting rid of the collection I have.

Really hope this isn't done as I need some more ninjas that aren't scorpion/subzero.  Was this license only for MK11?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, MagnaPrime said:

Really hope this isn't done as I need some more ninjas that aren't scorpion/subzero.  Was this license only for MK11?

what ninjas havent been made? are u talking about frost? idk if i'd still consider her a ninja in this game. i'd love a figure of her though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Satam said:

Maybe Shartimus will ask Todd about Mortal Kombat at the con? I'm sure he'll interview him.

Yeah Shart does usually talk to Todd, I do hope he addresses this.

3 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Really hope this isn't done as I need some more ninjas that aren't scorpion/subzero.  Was this license only for MK11?

Yeah it was only for MK11, thus why he didn't make any characters or looks for characters from any other game. I presume the license for the rest of the games are with Storm.

2 hours ago, Monstrous said:

what ninjas havent been made? are u talking about frost? idk if i'd still consider her a ninja in this game. i'd love a figure of her though

Rain, Mileena, Jade, Frost & Skarlet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Rain, Mileena, Jade, Frost & Skarlet

only frost was a ninja and shes really like an exiled ninja cyborg now lol. the other 3 are not even close to being ninjas.

skarlet has only ever worked under shao kahn and would be considered a mage if you needed to classify her abilities, never part of a ninja clan, never trained in ninjitsu.

mileena is a half breed tarkatan clone of an edenian who fights like a tarkatan and was trained as such, definitely not a ninja.

rain is a soldier with the powers of a god. never a ninja though. if u think hes a ninja then u need to add raiden and fujin to your list. i think youre confused because he was originally a palette swap, but hes never been a ninja in any mk game.

jade is an assassin and bodyguard, and while she has excellent stealth and fighting abilities shes not a ninja. she was offered training by sub zero but declined. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Monstrous said:

only frost was a ninja and shes really like an exiled ninja cyborg now lol. the other 3 are not even close to being ninjas.

skarlet has only ever worked under shao kahn and would be considered a mage if you needed to classify her abilities, never part of a ninja clan, never trained in ninjitsu.

mileena is a half breed tarkatan clone of an edenian who fights like a tarkatan and was trained as such, definitely not a ninja.

rain is a soldier with the powers of a god. never a ninja though. if u think hes a ninja then u need to add raiden and fujin to your list. i think youre confused because he was originally a palette swap, but hes never been a ninja in any mk game.

jade is an assassin and bodyguard, and while she has excellent stealth and fighting abilities shes not a ninja. she was offered training by sub zero but declined. 

Okay, that's a ton of detail, and sure seems full of MK facts, I probably should have stated when I typed out those characters it's not about if they actually are "Ninjas" or practice Ninijitsu, most people just recognize a certain outfit style and asthetic as "Ninja type" characters such as those who wear garbs like Sub Zero, Scoprion, Reptile, Noob Saibot etc, that what I was going with... those people are Ninja dressed. I don't pay enough attention to the finer details of that lore, but good on you, and thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Okay, that's a ton of detail, and sure seems full of MK facts, I probably should have stated when I typed out those characters it's not about if they actually are "Ninjas" or practice Ninijitsu, most people just recognize a certain outfit style and asthetic as "Ninja type" characters such as those who wear garbs like Sub Zero, Scoprion, Reptile, Noob Saibot etc, that what I was going with... those people are Ninja dressed. I don't pay enough attention to the finer details of that lore, but good on you, and thanks.

 

Yeah, I was focused on the palette swaps.  Ermac, reptile and rain primarily.  That's some really impressive knowledge I just got dropped on me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MagnaPrime said:

Yeah, I was focused on the palette swaps.  Ermac, reptile and rain primarily.  That's some really impressive knowledge I just got dropped on me.

Yeah I was too, I think most people do, there is a certain look for Mortal Kombat Ninjas and always has been, it's been a staple in the franchise, so I just go with Ninja Look which is what most people can say they get. I think a lot of people acknowledge Ninjas as a certain look, I'm pretty sure if you google Mortal Kombat Ninja they would explain "the look" and list the characters whom are Ninjas....they don't gotta actually do Ninja stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh damn Batrocitus looks awesome, as Atrocitus is one of my fav DC characters, this batman-ize version looks good, Don't know a ton about Speeding Bullets Batman but he's also looking cool, that full mask really does it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speeding Bullets Batman is a deep cut that I kind of get but Batrocitus was in 3 panels of one issue and has two speech bubbles. I get that it is 90% reuse of the Atrocitus BAF but jeez…this is the physical embodiment of the idea that Todd only wants to make Batman figures. If this line fails or Todd loses the license, this will be one of the main figures people point to. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DKA897 said:

Speeding Bullets Batman is a deep cut that I kind of get but Batrocitus was in 3 panels of one issue and has two speech bubbles. I get that it is 90% reuse of the Atrocitus BAF but jeez…this is the physical embodiment of the idea that Todd only wants to make Batman figures. If this line fails or Todd loses the license, this will be one of the main figures people point to. 

I'm with you man, but I have come to realize the Bat fans will buy everything he pumps out. I don't see many, if any, Batman figures on pegs in my area...recently its been the gold wonder womans, Ultramans (which break my heart), and the occasional clump of catwomen. Unmasked figures seem to warm pegs around here too. One of my good friends buys only Batman and Bat adjacent McFarlane stuff...and he is in heaven right now (apart from figuring out how to pay for everything)

The Bat market is there and he will continue to pump out Batmans as long as the fans. I have resigned myself to the crumbs of the DC Universe that trickle out between the Bat related released lol

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh damn Batrocitus looks awesome, as Atrocitus is one of my fav DC characters, this batman-ize version looks good, Don't know a ton about Speeding Bullets Batman but he's also looking cool, that full mask really does it.

Speeding Bullets Bats is Superman getting the Batman origin if you were not aware. Good comic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Admiral_Brockbar said:

I'm with you man, but I have come to realize the Bat fans will buy everything he pumps out. I don't see many, if any, Batman figures on pegs in my area...recently its been the gold wonder womans, Ultramans (which break my heart), and the occasional clump of catwomen. Unmasked figures seem to warm pegs around here too. One of my good friends buys only Batman and Bat adjacent McFarlane stuff...and he is in heaven right now (apart from figuring out how to pay for everything)

The Bat market is there and he will continue to pump out Batmans as long as the fans. I have resigned myself to the crumbs of the DC Universe that trickle out between the Bat related released lol

 

You need some batman figures?  They just oegwarm forever here and almost never go on clearance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McFarlane Toys has OFFICIALLY announced there upcoming DC Multiverse Gold Label Green Lantern Parallax figure sold exclusively at Walmart!

"Our Parallax (Gold Label) figure has started arriving in-stores exclusively at Walmart! Also coming soon to Walmart.com..
 

This 7” figure comes with two Light Projections that slide over his fists, a Green Lantern and a base."

Parallax.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE