McFarlane Toys Summer Showcase

JayC

1 hour ago, MagnaPrime said:

Honestly I'd rather pay more to get a few heads and hands and fewer variants at this point

Same. That's never been how Todd plays it, though, unfortunately. He's got a thing for variants and always has.

Shown below via alaw2046 are in-hand images for the DC Multiverse Gold Label 7" Robin (Tim Drake RED Suit Variant) figure from McFarlane Toys. Even though the figure is already seeing release overseas, we have yet to get any official word on this one from McFarlane, however a listing for it popped up on Amazon back in June. Being a Gold Label figure, this would suggest here in the US the figure will be released as an Amazon exclusive. When we get official details on this one we will be sure to pass them on to you, but for now enjoy the in-hand look at the figure below.

DC-Multiverse-Tim-Drake-Red-Robin-Variant 0.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Tim-Drake-Red-Robin-Variant 2.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Tim-Drake-Red-Robin-Variant 3.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Tim-Drake-Red-Robin-Variant 4.jpg

Earlier we showed you in-hand images for the new DC Multiverse Gold Label 7" Robin (Tim Drake RED Suit Variant) figure from McFarlane Toys and now we have an official image to share as well as confirmation the figure here in the US will be sold as a Amazon exclusive. The figure has been listed on the Amazon website since June and the pre-order for it should be going live very soon.

Red-Robin-Variant.jpg

Sleeves make it super obvious that this figure is a sculpt for green/red Tim Drake costume, they should have released proper colors version first and maybe then do the red one with matching shoulders, either reuse someone else’s arms or at least make sleeves less prominent. 

Damn. I’ve really tried to stay away from McFarlanes DC stuff, and it’s mostly been easy since I’m not a DC guy. But Tim Drake is my Robin, and his classic costume is my Robin look. I couldn’t care less about Damian and I didn’t have any interest in Red Robin, but I think they got me with this one. 

Tim Drake was my favorite robin but they changed the character too much in the books since the 90's.   Figure looks great though.  I feel like Mcfarlane doesn't add interchangeable hands and an ab crunch because that'll be the 2.0, 3.0 improved versions of these figures.  A tactic of sorts to keep the line running long.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 10:45 AM, SpiderS said:

Sleeves make it super obvious that this figure is a sculpt for green/red Tim Drake costume, they should have released proper colors version first and maybe then do the red one with matching shoulders, either reuse someone else’s arms or at least make sleeves less prominent. 

I would expect something like this from Hasbro, Mattel, Spin Master, Playmates, etc.  But McFarlane, who has many times made new sculpts or slightly different sculpts for many of their releases(With many defenders saying so), I would of expected him to at least given this Red Tim Drake proper arms.  Heck, even the artwork on the back packaging shows it off well.

Mind you, this is under the "Gold Label", so who knows if down the road, Todd will decide to a proper Red Tim Drake Robin as mass retail(In other words, those who can't wait will get the Gold Label, and then after a year or 2, do a proper version).  

Either way, for those who like their Tim Drake Green and Red Robin from 1990's-mid 2000's, at least we know that is coming out sooner or later.  Though here's hoping they give him the correct type of cape, and not the "Bat" type cape.

Sent to Earth from the dying planet of Krypton as a baby, Kal-El was found by farmers Martha and Jonathan Kent and raised as their son, Clark. As Clark grew up, the radiation from Earth's yellow sun gave him extraordinary powers, which he kept hidden. Now fully grown, he uses his powers to protect his adopted world as Superman.

Incredibly detailed 7" scale figures based off the DC Multiverse.
Designed with Ultra Articulation with up to 22 moving parts for full range of posing and play.

Superman is featured with red laser eyes and classic superman costume.
Superman comes with Kryptonite infused poison ivy, alternate hands and base.
Included collectible art card with figure photography on the front, and character biography on the back.
Collect all McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Figures.

Pre-order yours now via mcfarlanetoysstore.com!

Hush.Superman.0.jpg

Hush.Superman.1.jpg

Hush.Superman.2.jpg

Hush.Superman.3.jpg

Hush.Superman.4.jpg

Hush.Superman.5.jpg

Hush.Superman.6.jpg

Hush.Superman.7.jpg

Hush.Superman.8.jpg

Hush.Superman.9.jpg

Hush.Superman.10.jpg

Hush.Superman.12.jpg

5 hours ago, RecklessEndangerment said:

So now we get Superman with laser eyes, but still no Wonder Woman in her traditional costume.  Please Todd, can we just get one good WW before, once again, the same Superman with a different head?

We will probably get a more classic costume sometime since we eventually got a classic looking Martian manhunter. But you know Todd going to do a lot of different looks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Shown below are the official images for the new DC Multiverse Black Adam Movie Black Adam With Throne figure from McFarlane Toys. This figure is currently listed on the Target website but not yet available for purchase.

The figure was originally listed as a Gold Label figure. It doesn't suggest that on the Target website or on the packaging, but if it is a Gold Label figure then this is likely a Target store exclusive here in the US.

Black-Adam-Throne-01.jpg

Black-Adam-Throne-02.jpg

Black-Adam-Throne-03.jpg

Black-Adam-Throne-04.jpg

Black-Adam-Throne-05.jpg

Black-Adam-Throne-06.jpg

Black-Adam-Throne-07.jpg

Black-Adam-Throne-08.jpg

Black-Adam-Throne-09.jpg

Black-Adam-Throne-10.jpg

On 7/15/2022 at 2:59 AM, JayC said:

Thanks to Amazon we have our look at the upcoming new DC Multiverse Bane Megafig from McFarlane Toys. Look for this to be available for pre-order everywhere later today at 9am ET.

Bane-Mega-00.jpg

Bane-Mega-01.jpg

Bane-Mega-03.jpg

Bane-Mega-04.jpg

Bane-Mega-05.jpg

Bane-Mega-06.jpg

Bane-Mega-07.jpg

Which retailer carry this one? target or Walmart?

I was able to order Parallax online at walmart.com, but I also really want Shazam! and at least one Dark Flash. All my local store has on the pegs are a bunch of Future State Batmans (Fox). I actually intend to pass on the Az-Bat. I already have 3 different McFarlane Azraels, 2 different Mattel versions and a DC Direct Collectibles version.

• Thanks 1