McFarlane Toys Summer Showcase

JayC

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I just realized are we not going to see any new Mortal Kombat stuff? is that line secretly ending? I feel like Todd hasn't shown us much in the way of The MK stuff for a while, just some Jokers and Spawns, which don't really count for me personally, I still have so many characters I hoped we got figures for, would be sad if the line went away at this point, I'd almost feel like just getting rid of the collection I have.

Maybe Shartimus will ask Todd about Mortal Kombat at the con? I'm sure he'll interview him.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Brockbar said:

Can someone identify the body used on the right figure in the 4th Necron pic? Seems to be a 1/7 suited body, but it looks like Hasbro. I know its a custom head...at least I think it is.

Good question. Unfortunately I don’t know.  Necron looks good though. 

1 hour ago, LordVenger said:

Good question. Unfortunately I don’t know.  Necron looks good though. 

I figured it out. Its a My Hero All for One chase figure with new hands and head.

Out of my price range for a custom lol

20 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I just realized are we not going to see any new Mortal Kombat stuff? is that line secretly ending? I feel like Todd hasn't shown us much in the way of The MK stuff for a while, just some Jokers and Spawns, which don't really count for me personally, I still have so many characters I hoped we got figures for, would be sad if the line went away at this point, I'd almost feel like just getting rid of the collection I have.

Really hope this isn't done as I need some more ninjas that aren't scorpion/subzero.  Was this license only for MK11?

49 minutes ago, MagnaPrime said:

Really hope this isn't done as I need some more ninjas that aren't scorpion/subzero.  Was this license only for MK11?

what ninjas havent been made? are u talking about frost? idk if i'd still consider her a ninja in this game. i'd love a figure of her though

18 hours ago, Satam said:

Maybe Shartimus will ask Todd about Mortal Kombat at the con? I'm sure he'll interview him.

Yeah Shart does usually talk to Todd, I do hope he addresses this.

3 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

Yeah it was only for MK11, thus why he didn't make any characters or looks for characters from any other game. I presume the license for the rest of the games are with Storm.

2 hours ago, Monstrous said:

what ninjas havent been made? are u talking about frost? idk if i'd still consider her a ninja in this game. i'd love a figure of her though

Rain, Mileena, Jade, Frost & Skarlet

51 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Rain, Mileena, Jade, Frost & Skarlet

only frost was a ninja and shes really like an exiled ninja cyborg now lol. the other 3 are not even close to being ninjas.

skarlet has only ever worked under shao kahn and would be considered a mage if you needed to classify her abilities, never part of a ninja clan, never trained in ninjitsu.

mileena is a half breed tarkatan clone of an edenian who fights like a tarkatan and was trained as such, definitely not a ninja.

rain is a soldier with the powers of a god. never a ninja though. if u think hes a ninja then u need to add raiden and fujin to your list. i think youre confused because he was originally a palette swap, but hes never been a ninja in any mk game.

jade is an assassin and bodyguard, and while she has excellent stealth and fighting abilities shes not a ninja. she was offered training by sub zero but declined. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Monstrous said:

only frost was a ninja and shes really like an exiled ninja cyborg now lol. the other 3 are not even close to being ninjas.

skarlet has only ever worked under shao kahn and would be considered a mage if you needed to classify her abilities, never part of a ninja clan, never trained in ninjitsu.

mileena is a half breed tarkatan clone of an edenian who fights like a tarkatan and was trained as such, definitely not a ninja.

rain is a soldier with the powers of a god. never a ninja though. if u think hes a ninja then u need to add raiden and fujin to your list. i think youre confused because he was originally a palette swap, but hes never been a ninja in any mk game.

jade is an assassin and bodyguard, and while she has excellent stealth and fighting abilities shes not a ninja. she was offered training by sub zero but declined. 

Okay, that's a ton of detail, and sure seems full of MK facts, I probably should have stated when I typed out those characters it's not about if they actually are "Ninjas" or practice Ninijitsu, most people just recognize a certain outfit style and asthetic as "Ninja type" characters such as those who wear garbs like Sub Zero, Scoprion, Reptile, Noob Saibot etc, that what I was going with... those people are Ninja dressed. I don't pay enough attention to the finer details of that lore, but good on you, and thanks.

1 minute ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Okay, that's a ton of detail, and sure seems full of MK facts, I probably should have stated when I typed out those characters it's not about if they actually are "Ninjas" or practice Ninijitsu, most people just recognize a certain outfit style and asthetic as "Ninja type" characters such as those who wear garbs like Sub Zero, Scoprion, Reptile, Noob Saibot etc, that what I was going with... those people are Ninja dressed. I don't pay enough attention to the finer details of that lore, but good on you, and thanks.

Yeah, I was focused on the palette swaps.  Ermac, reptile and rain primarily.  That's some really impressive knowledge I just got dropped on me.

1 minute ago, MagnaPrime said:

Yeah, I was focused on the palette swaps.  Ermac, reptile and rain primarily.  That's some really impressive knowledge I just got dropped on me.

Yeah I was too, I think most people do, there is a certain look for Mortal Kombat Ninjas and always has been, it's been a staple in the franchise, so I just go with Ninja Look which is what most people can say they get. I think a lot of people acknowledge Ninjas as a certain look, I'm pretty sure if you google Mortal Kombat Ninja they would explain "the look" and list the characters whom are Ninjas....they don't gotta actually do Ninja stuff.

Thanks to Amazon we have our first look at the DC Multiverse Batrocitus (Dark Metal) figure and a new look at the Batman (Speeding Bullets) figure. These are listed with August 19 release dates.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Batrocitus.jpg

Speeding-Bullets-01.jpg

Oh damn Batrocitus looks awesome, as Atrocitus is one of my fav DC characters, this batman-ize version looks good, Don't know a ton about Speeding Bullets Batman but he's also looking cool, that full mask really does it.

Speeding Bullets Batman is a deep cut that I kind of get but Batrocitus was in 3 panels of one issue and has two speech bubbles. I get that it is 90% reuse of the Atrocitus BAF but jeez…this is the physical embodiment of the idea that Todd only wants to make Batman figures. If this line fails or Todd loses the license, this will be one of the main figures people point to. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DKA897 said:

Speeding Bullets Batman is a deep cut that I kind of get but Batrocitus was in 3 panels of one issue and has two speech bubbles. I get that it is 90% reuse of the Atrocitus BAF but jeez…this is the physical embodiment of the idea that Todd only wants to make Batman figures. If this line fails or Todd loses the license, this will be one of the main figures people point to. 

I'm with you man, but I have come to realize the Bat fans will buy everything he pumps out. I don't see many, if any, Batman figures on pegs in my area...recently its been the gold wonder womans, Ultramans (which break my heart), and the occasional clump of catwomen. Unmasked figures seem to warm pegs around here too. One of my good friends buys only Batman and Bat adjacent McFarlane stuff...and he is in heaven right now (apart from figuring out how to pay for everything)

The Bat market is there and he will continue to pump out Batmans as long as the fans. I have resigned myself to the crumbs of the DC Universe that trickle out between the Bat related released lol

9 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh damn Batrocitus looks awesome, as Atrocitus is one of my fav DC characters, this batman-ize version looks good, Don't know a ton about Speeding Bullets Batman but he's also looking cool, that full mask really does it.

Speeding Bullets Bats is Superman getting the Batman origin if you were not aware. Good comic.

22 minutes ago, Admiral_Brockbar said:

I'm with you man, but I have come to realize the Bat fans will buy everything he pumps out. I don't see many, if any, Batman figures on pegs in my area...recently its been the gold wonder womans, Ultramans (which break my heart), and the occasional clump of catwomen. Unmasked figures seem to warm pegs around here too. One of my good friends buys only Batman and Bat adjacent McFarlane stuff...and he is in heaven right now (apart from figuring out how to pay for everything)

The Bat market is there and he will continue to pump out Batmans as long as the fans. I have resigned myself to the crumbs of the DC Universe that trickle out between the Bat related released lol

You need some batman figures?  They just oegwarm forever here and almost never go on clearance.

McFarlane Toys has OFFICIALLY announced there upcoming DC Multiverse Gold Label Green Lantern Parallax figure sold exclusively at Walmart!

"Our Parallax (Gold Label) figure has started arriving in-stores exclusively at Walmart! Also coming soon to Walmart.com..

This 7” figure comes with two Light Projections that slide over his fists, a Green Lantern and a base."

Parallax.jpg