McFarlane Toys Summer Showcase

JayC

These all look really quite good, glad to see most of these are not some weirdo alt version of the character where they are a batman, I'd say only looking to get that Nekron, the rest are easy passes.

but is Toddfatha going to show us some new Spawn stuff....or is this just DC?

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

These all look really quite good, glad to see most of these are not some weirdo alt version of the character where they are a batman, I'd say only looking to get that Nekron, the rest are easy passes.

but is Toddfatha going to show us some new Spawn stuff....or is this just DC?

While not yet officially revealed by McFarlane Toys, thanks to an image who I am told comes via someone named Travis somewhere on social media we have our first look at the new DC Multiverse Gold Label Hal Jordan Parallax figure. This was at their local Walmart store in TX. Their is also a listing for the figure up on Walmart.com now, though no images and its not yet available for purchase. My guess this will be officially available on July 21-22 for the Walmart Collector Con event next week.

293636499_1250983902399608_7620892289955479565_n.jpg

I guess the McFarlane Toys Summer Showcase isn't quit done as they today revealed this preview image for their upcoming Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Ogryn figure which will be going up for pre-order soon.

Darktide-01.jpg

An interesting listing has popped up on Amazon which is listed as a DC Multiverse 7" Robin (Tim Drake RED Suit Variant).

There are no images. Since it's listed as a variant it possible it could be a masked version of the DC Multiverse Red Robin figure. Or perhaps it will be a figure of Tim Drake in his actual Robin outfit that was mostly red???

Since McFarlane Toys is apparently continuing to role out new reveals today for their Summer Showcase event perhaps we will soon learn more about this one. If not today then it's only a matter of time when we do. We will be sure to update you when more information becomes available.

Red-Robin-Variant.jpg

Following the reveal of the Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Ogryn figure, we now have a look at the Cadian Veteran Guard. These should be going up for pre-order in the near future.

00-Darktide-Cadian-Vetran-Guard.jpg

Following the reveals of the Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Ogryn and Cadian Veteran Guard figures, we now have a look at the third and final figure in the wave with the Traitor Guard. These should be going up for pre-order in the near future.

00.jpg

20 hours ago, Satam said:

Well there you go, I really hope we can see a few more Spawn figs, I do like this Plague Spawn, but can we get some non variants of Spawn, this line is starting to look at bit like you know...that Batcentric one, hoping to see a Sansker, Tremor, The Heap and Tiffany some time soon.

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Well there you go, I really hope we can see a few more Spawn figs, I do like this Plague Spawn, but can we get some non variants of Spawn, this line is starting to look at bit like you know...that Batcentric one, hoping to see a Sansker, Tremor, The Heap and Tiffany some time soon.

unfortunately none of those characters except sansker are in the current spawn universe so its unlikely any of them will get made except maybe a new sansker. but who knows, after they finish making all the missing current characters maybe they'll return to some older less popular characters like the ones you listed.

On 7/15/2022 at 1:35 PM, Admiral_Brockbar said:

Love Bane, but c'mon man...no fist? Just one punchy fist. He is not even a big mega sized figure, so there is room in the budget/mold for a freaking fist

He is a big mega figure. Like the rest, his hands are clearly for breaking the bat poses, as for budget and mold thats not how it works. The plastic is literally the cheapest part of the production. It's labour that eats up cost. Why do you think hot toys cost so much the more detail and care the longer it takes to make . Has nothing to do with plastic cost. Mcfarlane when it comes to hands needs to make improvements godspeed is a prime example of wtf,but I've no idea what goes throw is head at times, like punching hands should be included regardless same goes for alt heads. All I can suggest is people start post on twitter untill it trends  

Big thanks to Angel Herrera for sending us these in-hand images for the new DC Multiverse Gold Label Hal Jordan Parallax figure from McFarlane Toys. This figure which is a Walmart exclusive has already started hitting physical stores. This one was found in TX. The figure is currently listed on Walmart.com, though no images and its not yet available for purchase. Likely this will be officially available starting on July 21-22 for the Walmart Collector Con event.

Parallax-00.jpg

Parallax-01.jpg

Parallax-02.jpg

Parallax-04.jpg

Parallax-05.jpg

Parallax-06.jpg

Parallax-07.jpg

Parallax-08.jpg

What has become apparent is that McFarlane is announcing new toys about six weeks or less before they hit the pegs. This must be their new strategy. No long waits until they are actually on the streets. One example is the Batman 66 Julie Newmar Catwoman is now available in Target stores and I have seen Mr. Freeze figures also available on eBay, which means they are also being stocked in stores. The number of new figures in the Summer Showcase was relatively small. I don't know if McFarlane will be announcing new figures at SDCC or not. 

I had hopped we'd see a new wave of DC Direct Batman Animated Continues figures. I know that a number of figures had been show as prototypes right before DC shut the division down initially. I'm still hopeful we'll see something before the end of Summer or early Fall. 

I just realized are we not going to see any new Mortal Kombat stuff? is that line secretly ending? I feel like Todd hasn't shown us much in the way of The MK stuff for a while, just some Jokers and Spawns, which don't really count for me personally, I still have so many characters I hoped we got figures for, would be sad if the line went away at this point, I'd almost feel like just getting rid of the collection I have.